Sucky !*% Server Connection

djbullenx

I can’t even play. Every TWO STINKING MINUTES I’m losing connection to the game servers. My internet is perfect yet I cannot play. Not sure what in the hell im paying for....

i soemtime happen in ss , what i do is

1. subs to WTFAST to help with ping

2.unplug the modem and try again (usualy work)

I can’t even play. Every TWO STINKING MINUTES I’m losing connection to the game servers. My internet is perfect yet I cannot play. Not sure what in the hell im paying for....

If your internet was "perfect" you wouldn't be getting disconnected.

The big secret is ..... nobody's internet is perfect. You always need to go through various hubs and switches when surfing the webs, and sometimes one of those hubs or switches can go bad - and, it can often only affect certain sites, when the route goes through that bad spot.

In most cases, if it's an internet route problem it clears itself up after a few days or so.

We also experienced disconnect problems last night on Star Forge.

While nay sayers may attribute it to our internet connection, I believe that the problem was server side.

My connection was rock solid, while my husband, sitting three feet away, (in the same room, on the same FIOS connection) would constantly disconnect and get kicked to the server select screen every 2 or 3 minutes.

I checked my logs via SamKnows.

Down speed was 514 Mbps

Up speed was 502 Mbps

Latency was 4.14 ms

Packet loss was 0.00417%

Jitter down was 0.034 ms

Jitter up was 0.15 ms

I'm on Star Forge also. What I get is that same old syndrome. Connection "bars" drop to one flat red. Latency ticks up in 1K increments, then the meter goes to a red X and Latency continues to tick up in 1K increments forever, and never recovers. I have to Alt-F4 out and restart the game because Log Out or Quit Game options don't work.

At the same time, I can Alt-Tab out to a browser window and load websites normally, with only normal delay.

While nay sayers may attribute it to our internet connection, I believe that the problem was server side.

My connection was rock solid, while my husband, sitting three feet away, (in the same room, on the same FIOS connection) would constantly disconnect and get kicked to the server select screen every 2 or 3 minutes.

That doesn't make logical sense to me. If you are both playing on the same server, shouldn't you both get kicked?

In fact, if it was either a server problem, or an internet routing problem, you should have both been affected. So, it sounds to me more likely that your husband's computer is experiencing some sort of thermal problem. It might only happen in SWTOR because it uses a lot of both CPU and GPU power and, therefore, creates more heat.

Btw, I was playing on Star Forge last night until about 12:30 am (EST) with no problems.

Edited by JediQuaker

We also experienced disconnect problems last night on Star Forge.

I checked my logs via SamKnows.

Down speed was 514 Mbps

Up speed was 502 Mbps

Latency was 4.14 ms

Packet loss was 0.00417%

Jitter down was 0.034 ms

Jitter up was 0.15 ms

When you both play at the same time from the same location, it's not likely to be the internet connection unless you are competing with each other for bandwidth, but then you'd have that problem more regularly ... however, it could also be an issue on his PC and yes it could also be a server issue.

In the end we can come up with all kinds of scenarios here but to pin down the exact issue from a forum post is not likely to come to a conclusive result. It's probably still best to speak to CS if the game becomes unplayable for him so they can do some trouble shooting with him preferably at the moment that the problem is there.

I get that people want to vent and maybe get some ideas, but this is probably not the best place for an actual solution particularly when it's not clear what's going on. So good luck with it, hope it gets resolved for you guys.

Edited by Tsillah

i'm having same problem today (on 'Star Forge' ) too ... and this type of thing NEVER happens to me.

randomly getting booted off the server after like 30 minutes

Both times i was on guild Flagship, shopping on GTN , but still very much AT keyboard (typing in guildchat, clicking banks, refreshing buffs, etc. )

Something's def. up today imo....or just odd coincidence :cool:

p.s. i switched to my personal SHIP and haven't gotten booted anymore (so far) ... /shrug

****EDIT UPDATE: just got booted again for the 3RD time in 2 hours ... and it SEEMS to be happening at the '50 minute' mark of each hour ...very odd .... ugh ***** :(

Edited by Nee-Elder

randomly getting booted off the server after like 30 minutes

Both times i was on guild Flagship, shopping on GTN , but still very much AT keyboard (typing in guildchat, clicking banks, refreshing buffs, etc. )

That reminds that I was going to test that - that is, I was going to test if you had to actually move occasionally to keep from being logged out.

Many people have complained about being logged out while in character creation. They are making lots of "clicks" while changing options, but they are not moving.

On a related note, are you getting completely booted out of the game, or are you just being sent to the character select screen (logged out, in other words).

Also on a related note - I was on Star Forge for many hours last night without getting booted.

On a related note, are you getting completely booted out of the game, or are you just being sent to the character select screen (logged out, in other words).

Actually, it's stranger than that ... It was booting me back to the 'server selection screen' , BUT with NO servers showing up on the list lol (just a blank ui , except for the 'select' button)

So i had to click--->EXIT that screen completely and shutdown the Launcher . Then relaunch & relog.

Anyways, it stopped happening last night , so who the heck knows :rak_02:

Edited by Nee-Elder

Actually, it's stranger than that ... It was booting me back to the 'server selection screen' , BUT with NO servers showing up on the list lol (just a blank ui , except for the 'select' button)

So i had to click--->EXIT that screen completely and shutdown the Launcher . Then relaunch & relog.

Anyways, it stopped happening last night , so who the heck knows :rak_02:

Yeah standing at the GTN checking stuff can get you logged to the character screen, though I'm not sure about that if you're using chat.

It could've been in glitch. Doing a repair on the game could be beneficial but if it's working again then hey.