When does ranked pop on SS?

Shwarzchild

Hey all,

I've been attempting to que for ranked on SS, and have just sat there never getting a pop. I was queing around 7pm-9:15pm EST. Not a pop to be found. I sat in que for about 15 mins at a time before requeing for regs. What times do people usually que up?

Is it because I was attempting to go in with my healer, and no healers were in que? That could be it?

Could it be that it's just holiday time?

Hey all,

I've been attempting to que for ranked on SS, and have just sat there never getting a pop. I was queing around 7pm-9:15pm EST. Not a pop to be found. I sat in que for about 15 mins at a time before requeing for regs. What times do people usually que up?

Is it because I was attempting to go in with my healer, and no healers were in que? That could be it?

Could it be that it's just holiday time?

Many ss ranked players transferred to DM and telling here that they were forced to transfer because ranked is dead on ss.

Im in the US playing on SS. Why should I go to SF?

I dont ranked but I assume because DM is a euro server, thus the high pop times will most likely not coordinate with your playtime, and you will experience increased ping/lag time in comparison to SF, which is located in the same geographical location as SS, with a higher population that is more likely to be active on your schedule.

I dont ranked but I assume because DM is a euro server, thus the high pop times will most likely not coordinate with your playtime, and you will experience increased ping/lag time in comparison to SF, which is located in the same geographical location as SS, with a higher population that is more likely to be active on your schedule.

got it. thanks.

Interesting about SS. All of my toons are dormant on that server and am glad I went back to my original toons on SF for this expansion. I am having a blast again on SF. Regs pop quick consistently and the ranked is rather intense.

EDIT: The migration to DM makes sense though. This normally happens every 2-3 years in the pvp community. First, Jedi Covenant mass transfer to POT5, POT5 to Harb, now SS to DM and SF. All good, it always seems to wash out in the end.

Edited by Nickodemous

Interesting about SS. All of my toons are dormant on that server and am glad I went back to my original toons on SF for this expansion. I am having a blast again on SF. Regs pop quick consistently and the ranked is rather intense.

EDIT: The migration to DM makes sense though. This normally happens every 2-3 years in the pvp community. First, Jedi Covenant mass transfer to POT5, POT5 to Harb, now SS to DM and SF. All good, it always seems to wash out in the end.

DM is by far the best server to do Ranked on since it pops all day, from morning all the way until the late afternoon for most American players. Obviously there is a penalty of playing with 100+ ping, but if you can get over that, it's a great server to play on.

For NA, I believe SF is the server to play on, but it only pops in the very late afternoon and the window for the pops is very small, compared to DM.

Personally, I play my Shadow and Operative during the day on DM and I play my Assassin at night time on SF. That way I can play at "peak" times on both EU and NA servers and it happens to mesh well with my work schedule as well (DM is great for people who work either 3rd shift or work very late nights).

For NA, I believe SF is the server to play on, but it only pops in the very late afternoon and the window for the pops is very small, compared to DM.

SF usually pops from about 5pm est (sometimes it starts a bit later than that) all the way to about 2am est. It was still going strong at 2 when I went to bed last night.

DM is by far the best server to do Ranked on since it pops all day, from morning all the way until the late afternoon for most American players. Obviously there is a penalty of playing with 100+ ping, but if you can get over that, it's a great server to play on.

Personally, I play my Shadow and Operative during the day on DM and I play my Assassin at night time on SF. That way I can play at "peak" times on both EU and NA servers and it happens to mesh well with my work schedule as well (DM is great for people who work either 3rd shift or work very late nights).

Awesome! Glad you all are kicking some tail across the pond! I have become a SF player now though. I do like the community and have been impressed with the talent. So much so I have had to change the methodical way I have played in the past. SF is a chew you up and spit you out kinda ranked. Straight burst....I am used to a more strategy style. I am having to re-learn the game to accommodate......lol.