Add weapons in Outfit-Designer

DarasuumVercopa

Agreed. There are some awesome weapons that I need to pass in favor of stats. Its quite a shame...

Exactly this ^ we pay a ton for those Cartel weapons but they are useless nearly after starting planets, due to the constant mod-ing them or otherwise too expensive to replace our main weapons at 75

16 slots for outfits but why no weapons there?

It's been talked about for a while, they couldn't do it before, because of the usual **** code issue, but it's something they are looking in to with all the new improvements they've made in the code. No timeline has been confirmed, just that they are looking in to ways of doing it.

I feel like the easiest implementation would be to add a "shell" slot in the weapon modification window. You purchase vanilla models from new vendors on the starting worlds and the fleet while Cartel shells are added when you claim a weapon from Collections. You mod the weapon, place the shell in the slot and the modded weapon takes on the aesthetic appearance of the shell. If it's a Cartel weapon it also changes the soundset. But vanilla shells only change the look.

What galaxy are you from? Of course the weapon is part of your outfit. A good or bad looking weapon can make or break the whole look.

OP, /signed. Great suggestion :)

My characters' weapons are *not* part of their outfits, thank you, which is why the Weapon Look Designer should be on its own set of tabs, separate from Outfit Designer's tabs.

/signed

its a good idea to add also in the game.

then is a companion gear Outfit-Disigner also a good idea to add in the same time that companions also get 1 extra Gear Outfit Designer option.

Companion Outfit Designer was the other thing they discussed when Outfit Designer was released. Apparently, it's also hard to make, relative to Character Outfit Designer.

Companion Outfit Designer was the other thing they discussed when Outfit Designer was released. Apparently, it's also hard to make, relative to Character Outfit Designer.

its easy to tell by some people on threads with idea's for the game that there are some people telling: its hard to make.

thats easy talk what i see.

and this is not only about you steve since you use the line almost never but some are using it to much.

and i know its hard to make since developing a game is for people that have study long for it to understand it and know how coding works and how to do it.

do you think developing a game is easy its always and stay's hard to do it since you need to know how coding works and that is something that always stay hard and never become's easy since you need to have a study hard for it to do it.

its not only coding for game's like SWTOR its also the same with xbox,playstation and nintendo switch game's where coding is hard and only people that have study for it can do it.

and there for each developer from a game have also some test servers to test it on if the coding is working or not.

/signed

its a good idea to add also in the game.

No it's horrible idea.

When what you all suggest will be implemented we'll about to see unspeakable horrors like sith assassin with assault cannons and gunslingers with lightsabers.

We dont need that. Clearly every one who suggest such nonsense is a troll that wants to ruin the game.

No it's horrible idea.

When what you all suggest will be implemented we'll about to see unspeakable horrors like sith assassin with assault cannons and gunslingers with lightsabers.

We dont need that. Clearly every one who suggest such nonsense is a troll that wants to ruin the game.

Obviously, it would be the same weapon type. Obviously.

Obviously, it would be the same weapon type. Obviously.

What's the point then? Your characters already can wear any weapon of your appropriate class. And with insane amount of mods/enhancements that we get in game FOR FREE the argument that modifying Cartel weapons is expensive is absolutely invalid.

What's the point then? Your characters already can wear any weapon of your appropriate class. And with insane amount of mods/enhancements that we get in game FOR FREE the argument that modifying Cartel weapons is expensive is absolutely invalid.

if you look at CKNORTH post.

we pay a lot for cartal weapons but to use then all we cant.

we only can use 1 or 2 for each char and that means a lot off weapons you have pay for never get use more.

if the developers release a new weapons in the cartal market and most off the players wane use then that means there get stuck with all the old one's there have buy before.

with the same system we use now for the gear the Outfit-Designer you can chance the weapon without replasing the mod's from the old one to the new one.

its more like a skin you most see it..

and with Outfit-Designer there is now for the gear you have 16 slots to custom 1 char with it.

that means a sith assassin gets Double-bladed saber skins more for use and no other weapon.

its the same with the other class there can use there own weapons only and use it to skin it.

its easy to tell by some people on threads with idea's for the game that there are some people telling: its hard to make.

thats easy talk what i see.

It's what BioWare staff said. They said (way back in the pre-4.0 days - Outfit Designer released in 3.2) that the companion gear system was substantially different from the player gear system(1), even though the player can give his character's gear to a companion, and the details of the differences made it harder to build.

Sorry, no citation. I can find that one of the posts on the subject was by Tait Watson, but the forum search thing won't find it for me.

(1) Look at all the complaints scattered through the years about companion armour dyes not working correctly.

It's what BioWare staff said. They said (way back in the pre-4.0 days - Outfit Designer released in 3.2) that the companion gear system was substantially different from the player gear system(1), even though the player can give his character's gear to a companion, and the details of the differences made it harder to build.

Sorry, no citation. I can find that one of the posts on the subject was by Tait Watson, but the forum search thing won't find it for me.

(1) Look at all the complaints scattered through the years about companion armour dyes not working correctly.

its true what you tell that bioware has told its hard to do but you also know and this is something MMORPG game's are doing that are runing long.

my other game has start since 2005

its 14 years old now in the 14 years its running there have chance a big time with coding things in the game.

first there was in most off the MMORPG game's only that you can sell items by trade or open a small shop on a place.

now all off then are using the Action House System that selling on 1 place and puting you char in shop mode that with the AH system you can sell items on all the channels from the same server and also are selling then when you are ofline.

thats something big also and was also had to code since its a new thing.

almost each year somebody fond something good and has try it for the fist time in a MMORPG game and it works good and you will see lot off other game's gone copy it since its something good for a MMORPG game that make things easy.

same you the legacy cargo bay in most off the MMORPG game's you got a share wherhouse system that you can put items on it and credits to share with all the chars on the same account.

almost every MMORPG game has there own wherehouse system that share items and credits with all the chars on the same account.

the main point from all is: its a good idea from the OP but its bioware's call if there can do it with the stuff there got now or need to wait for better stuff that is coming to code some things better.

and in time it will tell if its happing or not.

the best thing there can do now is adding this type idea's to a list there wane add in the game in the future expansions for the game who knows we see it someday in the game.

There are many weapons in this game that are nice looking but not moddable.

Because weapon is NOT a part of your outfit.

/thread

Sure it is. Call it a "load-out" or "gear manifest" or "theme manager" if it helps you.

If I want to wear my gladiator outfit, then I want my Gammorean axe(s) with me.

If I want to wear my samurai outfit, then I want my sword(s).

If I want to wear my Rishi pirate outfit, then I want my pirate pistol(s).

If I want to wear my Gree TRON outfit, then I want my TRON blaster rifle.

The list is endless but the point is that there's way too many cool weapons in the game that look totally uncool with the "wrong" outfit and adding a weapon slot would be amazing.

I'd also like to see it go a step further with slots for:

- mount (I don't want my pirate on a giant monocycle)

- pet 1 (to match the theme ie. Gree Data Cube)

- pet 2 (to match the theme ie. Miniature Grey Secant)

* Pets need 2 slots since sometimes can have 2 out at once

we pay a lot for cartal weapons but to use then all we cant.

we only can use 1 or 2 for each char and that means a lot off weapons you have pay for never get use more.

What are collections? What is cargo hold? I strongly recommend you to google what these things are.

These are clearly not valid arguments. You can have as many Cartel weapons modified and ready to use as you wish.

No need to distract devs from actually important tasks.

There are many weapons in this game that are nice looking but not moddable.

This is the main reason I would ever want to see weapons in the outfit designer, I honestly do not use cartel weapons 9 times out of 10 I find lightsabers especially from the cartel market too large for my liking but there are so many base game lightsabers I would chose if not for the fact they are not moddable. For me this option is just for freedom of choice without having to look to alignment restricted weapons (if you could ever find any) or resorting to doing PvP of one (a few matches for one is just about bareable but not the ones that need more than rank 4 to obtain).

*Your* characters' outfits include their weapons. Mine do not.

So I'm going to amend my usual suggestion (let them be switchable independently) by adding "with a toggle to lock them together for people who want to treat weapon and armour as an ensemble".

Sounds good to me.