New to sentinel

ScottGrim

What are the differences between the specs I like shadow infiltration because of the burst and I do pretty well with it in both pve and pvp.

is there a bursty spec in sentinel. My crits are anywhere between 50-90k does the sentinel hit that hard to ?

How does the sentinel do in pve and pvp.

Thanks in advance for all your help

I'll keep it simple when it comes to defining the difference between the Sentinel specs.

Watchman is the DOT spec, most useful in PVE but can work in PVP in certain situations (if the enemy team stacks and you can cleave), the only Sentinel spec that grants self-heals (team gets it as well) w/o taking certain utils. Pretty sure it'll generate the most Force Clarity charges with the Descent of the Fearless set bonus.

Combat is the Burst spec, closest that the Sentinel class has to match the burst potential of Infiltration Shadow and has an ability called Lance that causes the 'hinder' effect, similar to a Mercenary Electro-net, but with shorter duration and cooldown. Somewhat simple rotation, but many consider it to be the lowest ranking of Sentinel specs in both PVE and PVP. FYI, hardest hit was Clashing Blast for 71k...wouldn't bank on hitting that consistently though.

Concentration is the 'sustained Burst spec', if you've played Focus Guardian, it's basically that but with a passive CC immunity in Gravity Vortex. It's most useful in PVP, and while it does parse well in PVE, but the second leap 'Zealous Leap' can cause serious positioning problems.

The class itself is not weak, but its relative position to other classes regarding damage potential has changed. It's no longer the unquestioned king of melee DPS. It's also one of the harder classes to play, especially in PVP because for the most part, it doesn't have self-heals, which often newer, more experience players rely on to keep themselves alive. If you're not playing with a healer, your health will go down...down....down....down before you either die or have to use Force Camo to cloak out and possibly grab kolto/out of combat heal. Also, unlike Shadow, Sentinels do not provide off-guard.

However, once you get the hang of the DCDs, you'll find the class surprisingly durable (much more so than Infiltration Shadow) and you'll be able to take advantage of their high mobility and to do some serious damage. A great Sentinel is a nightmare to deal with in 5.0 and will still be so in 6.0.

I'd say concentration is the most fun, though.

It can hit for 50k dps on concentrated slice, has massive aoe potential with the force crush tactical, and even feels pretty tanky if you time your defensives correctly.

Although you get no healing utilities and a core issue on a sentinel is its inability to self-heal.

Best Advice: Try them all, find one you like, and stick with it.

They all do the same job.

I was told that I was dumb for going combat spec, just go shadow infiltration, there was no way a combat sentinel would ever compare to the burst and dps of infiltration shadow.. :( is this really true

combat is the lowest parsing sentinel spec, but unless you are actually doing difficult content at endgame, yo ucan autoattack your way through this game and be fine