Dear Devs: Bouncing in and out of Light Rank 5 with Diplomecy is quite comical

CKNORTH

Have any of the Dev team seen this?? its funny I'm Light, I'm Dark.... OH wait I'm light nope I'm Dark again. Haha really?? my character just can't make up its mine on what it wants to be, perhaps a drop down menu for any crew mission that adds both light and dark once at the cap might help solve the issue, LOL!

To be honest i wish, that we could turn off this whole "fight for the light/dark side" option. Crew skills would give none, or both at 50% efficiency. But the point would be storylines. Making quest choices actually reflect your character's choices on aligment. Right now i can do every quest, and chose every possible dark side option, and still end up in the light side, if i set to that.

It's okay, that we allow light, or dark side to be farmed this way, but i think it should be an option, and not an enforcement.

Have any of the Dev team seen this?? its funny I'm Light, I'm Dark.... OH wait I'm light nope I'm Dark again. Haha really?? my character just can't make up its mine on what it wants to be, perhaps a drop down menu for any crew mission that adds both light and dark once at the cap might help solve the issue, LOL!

Don't do the dark-themed missions. Read the words and choose one that sounds light. If that's not 100% reliable (it isn't), point the mouse at the alignment symbol on the mlssion to see a tooltip that shows how many points the mission gives, and remember that unusually, it really does give both kinds of points rather than the difference.

Pick only the ones that give X Light and 0 Dark and you'll never see this again.

Don't do the dark-themed missions. Read the words and choose one that sounds light. If that's not 100% reliable (it isn't), point the mouse at the alignment symbol on the mlssion to see a tooltip that shows how many points the mission gives, and remember that unusually, it really does give both kinds of points rather than the difference.

Pick only the ones that give X Light and 0 Dark and you'll never see this again.

Yes, Steve, I think most of us have figured that out by the time we make Light V or Dark V. The point is that the Diplomacy missions should NOT work like that. It's an annoying aspect of Diplomacy that has remained unaddressed for years.

Yes, Steve, I think most of us have figured that out by the time we make Light V or Dark V. The point is that the Diplomacy missions should NOT work like that. It's an annoying aspect of Diplomacy that has remained unaddressed for years.

it's because it was the waay dip missions worked originally, they were the only one that gave points. When they changed the system, something got left behind, probably because as we've been told a million times before (slight exaggeration ;) ) that the code is a mess. But thatnkfully it's only a couple of points, that usually get back from other missions...lol

Actually, it's clear that some people *haven't* got this, given that (not this thread) they post complaining about the bug that they keep getting dark points when set to light or light points when set to dark, and therefore bounced off of being rank V in their intended alignment.

But it is, indeed, an annoying aspect of Dip.

Actually, it's clear that some people *haven't* got this, given that (not this thread) they post complaining about the bug that they keep getting dark points when set to light or light points when set to dark, and therefore bounced off of being rank V in their intended alignment.

But it is, indeed, an annoying aspect of Dip.

Steve, you are absolutely right. I was mistaken.