Episode 9 Question

xordevoreaux

So, with the movie out, I watched it yesterday, the idea is that this movie is the final one that Lucas originally envisioned as a 9-movie set of trilogies (some will say that Disney will never abandon its cash cow and there's always room for movies 11, 12, 13... 98.... 1,564...) I raise two questions:

With the Sith exterminated, and Rey supposedly the last Jedi... what does that make Broom Boy?

With all of us (eventually) knowing that with this final movie that the Sith are doomed to extinction, that means their entire struggle through every book, cartoon, movie, and game ... and MMO was a complete waste of time.

They lose.

So the question:

Keeping with the idea that this *IS* the last movie, how pointless does it feel now for players to play Sith characters? This is a situational question, meant to bring out ideas, so if your only reply is "it won't be the last movie," I'll consider that a non-response.

Don't quote, and be careful to put your responses in SPOILER tags.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Well.... imo

Broom boy, and others (like Finn) will likely train to become a new generation of Jedi eventually. And it's likely someone will find some Sith holocrons or something and attempt to bring back a new Sith order. I wouldn't expect to see that for possibly 10-20yrs from now tho. But as far as movies go, I believe the general feeling is they'll do an Old Republic movie next. This will give them a chance to move completely away from the Skywalker's and create new characters and villians. They could go back in time 1000+ years and start fresh in a time with planets full of Jedi and Sith.

Edited by ImmortalLowlife

Not sure Lucas visioned the series to go on like this but......

You need to see the Last Jedi as a whole movie. Since the movie was utter crap and destroyed all that actually made any sence in this new trilogy even the Broom boy might be the same. The scene with him was one of the few that were actually good in the movie. I think it was there to show us that force sensitive beings are still being born and that there are still those that can be trained to become jedi or sith.

As you could see with both swtor and the SW movies there is always something looming the "unknown regions of the universe". If the emperor hid a gigantic fleet there who knows what Disney will think up.

However, as I am a true SW fan and I love the original Lucas idea of the series I think that the balance still goes. Star Wars was never about good defeating evil or wise versa, its about the fact that good and evil always exist and only the balance shifts. You can never really wipe up good nor evil. That was also the thing behind Anakin, who was supposed to bring balance. He brought balance because there were too many jedi and 2 sith, so jedi were eliminated to be few like the sith.

Looking at it from Disney perspective they will milk the franchise and surely will make a new trilogy. It will probably be about Reys Jedi academy and some unknown threat from the outter reaches of the universe. They can think up litteraly anything. We will also see some solo movies as we did till now. The franchinse is good, but it should have ended with episode 6, thats my opinion.

I just got back from watching the film, and ...

With all of us (eventually) knowing that with this final movie that the Sith are doomed to extinction, that means their entire struggle through every book, cartoon, movie, and game ... and MMO was a complete waste of time.

They lose.

So the question:

Keeping with the idea that this *IS* the last movie, how pointless does it feel now for players to play Sith characters?

1. It probably *won't* be the last Star Wars movie, but, as noted, it might be the last Skywalker movie.

2. It's not pointless at all. The struggles of the Sith player classes are deeply *personal* in nature, especially in the base class stories, and resolving them is therefore a personal victory for the character.

The movie pointed at so much it would be hard to say. They pointe at the Vitiate time frame, the rebirth of republic, and rebirth of the Jedi in a completely different form then it is currently, they refrenced the old republic as a whole, and set it up for a whole series of movies on the sith.

the moral of the story is that both jedi and sith are wrong and the right way to be is somewhere in between but no one will get it and I fully suspect most will believe the ending implies there will be new jedi

Rey's yellow lightsabre blade at the very end suggests that if there are new Jedi, then right or wrong, they won't be like the previous ones, kinda somewhere in between.