The number of buggs ruining gameplay reached the limit.Devs we need answer

omaan

I know bugs are bad and everyone hates them, but it’s so much easier to add additional content than fix a bug. Adding new lines of game code to executing vs digging thru what I would guess are trillions of lines of code to find a single letter out of place or maybe a additional space where it shouldn’t be is very hard. I get it. They could spend months just trying to identify where an error is not even how to fix it.

Quality control must be hard :rolleyes:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So instead you are admitting you inflame people to troll when it’s not your content? Real mature.

From this idiotic reply, you obviously lack reading comprehension, or you are, in fact, a troll.

I mean seriously folks, how could any sensible person think I'm admitting to inflaming people with what I said. 🤔

Almost every mmo has pvp: gw2, wow, lost arc etc. Both pvp and pve has its own buggs and ofc pvp players will complain about pvp buggs while pve players will complain about pve buggs so why you are so surprised? If pve buggs are not fixed create your thread about pve buggs why you complain here?

Omaan, don’t bite... he’s fishing and every time you bite he has a chuckle. Just use the ignore function like I did. So much easier than playing forum pvp with non sensible people.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I've been complaining about bugs for years. But one player will come into this forums and say they'd rather have the devs work on new content than bugs and Bioware will listen to them. The game's inundated with bugs: the worlds, the flashpoints, skills, our characters, the armor and weapons, pvp.... name it. But until Bioware believes the bugs outweigh new content and start hurting revenue, nothing will change.

Really BioWare needs to make the next patch one purely for fixing bugs. Zero content or zero updates aside from bug fixes that have been needed for years on lots of areas of the game.

I know it'll probably be development hell for them to do so with the spaghetti code, but it's one of those things that is appreciated by many players of different aspects of the game.

Are you suggesting that PvE doesn't have any bugs?! 😮

But seriously folks, you PvP'ers seem to think that SWTOR revolves around PvP, but in essence, PvP should only be one aspect of the overall game. SWTOR is supposed to be an RPG, not an FPS.

I realize there may be problems with PvP, but it's annoying to PvE'ers when PvP stuff, especially "class balancing" and skill nerfs bleed over into PvE.

I can understand why some people playing SWTOR would like to do some PvP for grins, but I don't understand why people who only want to PvP don't just go and play Star Wars Battlefront (if it must be Star Wars) or just CoD or whatever FPS (or some MOBA).

I agree with JediQuaker, really I do love SWTOR PvP above other games style at it. but in the end it should be either a free aspect of the game, or separated into its own DL separate from PVE, kind of like its own DLC server. if you want to play SWTOR PvP you simply download the maps and a lobby to wait for your spot in Queue, that way if issues occur it can be addressed only for PvP and wont bleed into the PvE content, more specifically if PvP is such a big play experience. then if you want to Queue for PvP you transfer over to the PvP maps options of worlds and Queue there, and separate it to its own servers. That way if they need to address something for PvP again it wont affect the PvE players.

Not really a good thing to say. How would you feel about a comment like that if it was content you only played and it was game destroying?

Except for one thing, some pvp players actually do that on the forums as well so it is not one-sided. I have heard it over and over from players about story players, solo players, etc. While I may not agree with the comment, I can understand it as I have seen it and experienced it myself from some pvp players on the forums.

I find the bugs to be annoying, but not game destroying. But then again, I don't PvP. PvP could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't mind. :)

As much as I generally disagree with JediQuaker, as much as I generally agree with TrixieTriss, I have to second this. PVP could disappear tomorrow and I wouldn't give an obese rodent's posterior.

From this idiotic reply, you obviously lack reading comprehension, or you are, in fact, a troll.

I mean seriously folks, how could any sensible person think I'm admitting to inflaming people with what I said. 🤔

Easy there, old son. It's not cool to be calling your fellow gamers "idiotic". Not OK and not in line with forum rules. Take a deep breath, please.

I can confirm that amount of buggs are just "crossing the line". Today i had a fight where operative in my team had a roll bugg because he was pulled by a pt while rolling and because of this roll bugg he could not MOVE the whole game...he could only stay at one place and do nothing and of course we lost because of it.

https://imgur.com/I2enSqh here he tells us he can't move due to bugg

if such ruining buggs won't be fixed i don't see any sense to play this game..it is just UNPLAYABLE

Edited by bladech

I can confirm that amount of buggs are just "crossing the line". Today i had a fight where operative in my team had a roll bugg because he was pulled by a pt while rolling and because of this roll bugg he could not MOVE the whole game...he could only stay at one place and do nothing and of course we lost because of it.

if such ruining buggs won't be fixed i don't see any sense to play this game..it is just UNPLAYABLE

I coudl continue with another bug that actually made leap down from the platform on a guy that dsynced and wasn't down in the first place but It made me get stuck in the map.....

On the other hand, I get annoyed by people who are in front of me but I cannot hit them because they glitch out and show up meters further away...

And the sad part is that this thread was started by a guy who plays only Ranked PVP which means that these * bugs * might not be fixed . ;)

PvP players are always asking for this or that to be nerfed, which messes up PvE. Instead of nerfing, we need a proper balance that suits the greater consensus (let's face it, we're not going to please everyone) The problem with nerfing something is, next week, whatever is top, people will be calling for a nerf again. But if they actually tried to balance (if that's even possible) maybe there'd be more harmoney between the two.

Hate to burst your bubble but the game will survive without pvp players, there are more PvE players, and most of the ones that join , don't join for PvP. Not saying PvP isn't important to some people, just not game ending

you know, as a pvp player i can say same - why the hell devs balancing something due to pve? sin and oper didn't need any dps buff in pvp but they buffed deception and concealment because they were BAD in pve. Why did devs BUFFED DOT PTs dps if it is already best dot class in pvp? Probably because it was parsing lower in pve compared to dot sins. Stop balancing classes basing on pve i can say.

But iam sure the best decision would be just separate pve and pvp - make different stats, gear, set bonuses etc. Would be much easier.

Oh and this thread is about buggs not problems between pve and pvp

I agree with JediQuaker, really I do love SWTOR PvP above other games style at it. but in the end it should be either a free aspect of the game, or separated into its own DL separate from PVE, kind of like its own DLC server. if you want to play SWTOR PvP you simply download the maps and a lobby to wait for your spot in Queue, that way if issues occur it can be addressed only for PvP and wont bleed into the PvE content, more specifically if PvP is such a big play experience. then if you want to Queue for PvP you transfer over to the PvP maps options of worlds and Queue there, and separate it to its own servers. That way if they need to address something for PvP again it wont affect the PvE players.

No, all its ever needed is a different talent tree or class balance model that changes things in pvp. It’s that simple. Plus it’s own gear (which they removed).

The number one problem that pvers maybe don’t understand about the class balance is Bioware do not balance dps output and survivability at the same time. Sometimes they don’t look at the survivability and DCDs at all.

This is why most of the changes to classes are always dps related and not about staying alive. Which is usually what throws the balance out in pvp and makes classes OP

The pvp community has pointed out how stupid this is for many, many, many years. The more experienced PVPers usually know exaclty what’s making a class over or under perform in pvp and give specific feed back to Bioware and some simple ideas on how to fix it.

But Bioware refuse to listen. All they hear is x,y,z class is OP or UP in pvp. Then they get out their dps spread sheet and look at what damage they “think” they set towards their “supposed” targets for pve. They don’t balance damage dps for pvp because they use “only” an Operations dummy to parse on :rolleyes:.

Which is also completely ridiculous because so many class abilities rely on proc activations when taking damage.

At the end of the day, Bioware have their spread sheet to show how much damage they want every class to be able to do in respect to clearing an end game operation. Not how much damage an individual class should be doing in pvp because they are dummy parsing to test. They aren’t using real people or pvpers to test and balance against.

And when they say, x,y,z class was doing too much or too little damage to what they expected and they Nerf or buff, they aren’t measuring that in pvp, they are doing it in a pve environment. It could be argued that pvers affect pvp balance more than pvpers do. But I don’t want to open that can of worms because it’s not their fault either that Bioware didn’t set the damage right to start with and people get used to it and are then rightly upset when they Nerf it.

The thing is, Bioware have NFI on how to balance classes. Their method is extremely flawed, even for pve. When you balance, it should be against real people, not a dummy. They should also be looking at DCDs, mobility, stuns, and other survivability traits. But they don’t.

For 3 years in the last meta, Mercs were OP in pvp. They did get toned down a little in that time, but they were still in the top 1-2. But Bioware did that by nerfing their dps, which in turn affected pve damage, which up set pve players. And rightly so because it was NOT the Mercs dps in pvp that was the problem. It was their DCD’s and survivability. No one with half a brain complained about their dps out put. No one was asking them to Nerf that. There were many threads and hundreds of posts explaining the problem to Bioware. You guys who might doubt me can go look at thise threads to see that I’m not lying. Bioware totally ignored us all and nerfed dps, which had little to no affect to reduce Mercs being OP. But it definitely had a major impact on pvers.

Sadly, both out communities are always blaming each other for Bioware F up, instead of banding together as a united front. So Bioware use that to play us off against each other and then they can dodge most of the blame for their own incompetence. This thread is a prime example of this. And we are our own worse enemies castling blame on each other, when at the end of the day, it’s Bioware F ing us all in the rear end, not each other.

When will we learn that divided, Bioware win. It’s only when we are together and supporting each other as a united and unrelenting front, do Bioware do anything properly (with in their scope of competence).

I do agree that pvp should be seperate, as in the gear, the talent trees and even some abilities should be seperate for pvp and pve, but it should not be a different DL or seperate more than it is.

Also, I think this needs to be said. One of the reason’s we no longer have pvp gear is because many casual people whined about needing two sets of gear and still argue they don’t want seperate gear because they don’t want to have to gear for both pvp and pve and carry two sets :rolleyes: Thats part of the reason we don’t have seperate pvp gear which would allow Bioware to semi balance stats more, because booster doesn’t live up to its name.

Dedicated pvpers wanted to have pvp gear again in this meta. Bioware hinted at doing it, but then changed their mind after players who do both pve operations and casual pvp and don’t want two sets, hijacked those threads and complained about needing two sets. It’s not like many don’t have two sets now for different content :rolleyes:

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Except for one thing, some pvp players actually do that on the forums as well so it is not one-sided. I have heard it over and over from players about story players, solo players, etc. While I may not agree with the comment, I can understand it as I have seen it and experienced it myself from some pvp players on the forums.

I know Casi, it’s not an isolated case here. I was trying to be a voice of reason. I’m not defending the same pvp people who do the same, they are just as bad.

I was trying to defuse this thread early from turning into what I figured it would become. I think we both know where the threads ultimately heading now and that’s really sad because there are legitimate bugs that need fixing in all parts of the game. Some are actually game breaking, some bug are just so aggravating you want to stop playing and others are just annoyances for some players, but all a need to be fixed,

While the OP may have focused on pvp in his post, the title specifically says :

”The number of buggs ruining gameplay reached the limit.Devs we need answer”.

To me that encompasses all the bugs and it’s why I added stuff about the gearing as well.

I had hoped other people would post other bugs too and we could unit and put some pressure in Bioware.

But alas, someone had to light the fuse (as usual when ever it doesn’t affect them) to say they were ok, so basically everyone else should be too.

We all have different play types and priorities for our fun. But the total disregard for other people’s fun when it doesn’t affect them really gets under my skin. It doesn’t matter if it’s OPs, flash points, pvp, conquest, strong holds, gear bugs, CM items or difficulty lvl. There are always those who don’t play it or can do it, so therefore no one else matters.

As much as we’ve disagreed or been on the opposite sides of discussions I respect your opinion, I’ve always tried to look at both sides of the situation and tried to get people to do the same. I think my posts in this thread are a good example of that.

My wish is the community would stop attacking each other over our differences and have a combined front to deal with Bioware inability to do the right things, at the right time and make the game enjoyable for everyone.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Did he try to /stuck?

But yeah, PvP has been breaking down a bit more every patch. SWTOR PvP is imo one of the most unique and fun aspects of the game. I really wish Bioware did something about it. Be it fix it or port the game to another engine. The fact of the matter is that no matter how good the content and how fun to play, when the game breaks down, there isn't anything to play anymore.

And let me say, we are pretty tame and forgiving here. We deal with a lot of jank. Just get the vents working again...

Edited by Nemmar

Did he try to /stuck?

But yeah, PvP has been breaking down a bit more every patch. SWTOR PvP is imo one of the most unique and fun aspects of the game. I really wish Bioware did something about it. Be it fix it or port the game to another engine. The fact of the matter is that no matter how good the content and how fun to play, when the game breaks down, there isn't anything to play anymore.

And let me say, we are pretty tame and forgiving here. We deal with a lot of jank. Just get the vents working again...

if it's the bug i think it is /stuck wouldn't help. had it happen to me and all i could do was alt-f4. it wouldn't let me out with log out.

Did he try to /stuck?

Stuck doesn't help with it...only sorc pull can but there are not always possible to get any sorc to do it and if it is 4v4 u may not have any sorc in your team at all.

Did he try to /stuck?

Stuck does not help unfortunately, and it can also backfire. If u r still in combat, it will kill u port u into spawn zone in a reg and u get booted for inactivity. In an arena, u wont be able to leave the spawn zone for the next round id assume, so booted for inactivity there as well.

I’m guessing they still won’t the back from holidays for a few weeks. Then they’ll need a few weeks or a month to fix all the bugs (if they even bother)

Does anyone know when they are back?

I’ve a massive write up to add evidence and feed back to the gearing bug thread. So many bad gear drops the last 2 weeks. From Mercs getting Tanking set bonus gear and off hand generators to Maras getting Tank gear, Snipers getting healing gear, DPS Sins still getting tanking gear and DPS Sorcs getting healing gear.

Let’s not forget the barrels my Sith Warriors and Inquisitors get or the hilts my Merc and Snipers get.

The only thing that seems to work is I don’t get tank internals for DPS classes. But I still get shields and generators drop for DPS with dps internals in them :rolleyes:

And healers getting accuracy? Common, that’s ridiculous.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’m guessing they still won’t the back from holidays for a few weeks. Then they’ll need a few weeks or a month to fix all the bugs (if they even bother)

Does anyone know when they are back?

Who knows, even more of them were probably poached to try and "fix" the dumpster fire that is Anthem. Bioware seems intent on destroying a good game to save a dead one.

If anything makes me unsub, it will be the incredible amount of bugs this game has.

The game is so buggy that the ingame bug report tool is bugged…

Edited by Caalem

Who knows, even more of them were probably poached to try and "fix" the dumpster fire that is Anthem. Bioware seems intent on destroying a good game to save a dead one.

If anything makes me unsub, it will be the incredible amount of bugs this game has.

Yep. The bugs are definitely killing it more for me than anything else. I can go without new content on a regular basis. I can go without new barbie outfits on a regular basis. But I can not go without playing certain content I want to because of bugs. Or I can, but it’s extremely frustrating and it makes me log out early.

They need to fix the serious game breaking bugs in emergency patches before they even consider adding anymore content.

And they need to work on fixing the less serious bug fixes and release them with new content.

Adding new stuff is all well and good, but not fixing the game damaging bugs is driving more people away than slowing down the cadence of new content (of any type).

Fix the bugs and then make us new stuff. Don’t make us new stuff and add more bugs on top of the other bugs that you will never fix.

The compounding of these game bugs feels like a virtual game of Jenga or House of cards, where one more move will bring the whole game engine down so the game require a whole rebuild from scratch (which we know they would never do).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yep. The bugs are definitely killing it more for me than anything else. I can go without new content on a regular basis. I can go without new barbie outfits on a regular basis. But I can not go without playing certain content I want to because of bugs. Or I can, but it’s extremely frustrating and it makes me log out early.

They need to fix the serious game breaking bugs in emergency patches before they even consider adding anymore content.

And they need to work on fixing the less serious bug fixes and release them with new content.

Adding new stuff is all well and good, but not fixing the game damaging bugs is driving more people away than slowing down the cadence of new content (of any type).

Fix the bugs and then make us new stuff. Don’t make us new stuff and add more bugs on top of the other bugs that you will never fix.

The compounding of these game bugs feels like a virtual game of Jenga or House of cards, where one more move will bring the whole game engine down so the game require a whole rebuild from scratch (which we know they would never do).

Today i lost two ranked matches which our team could win because in both matches marauder or sentinel died from using force leap on mandalore ring arena...both accidents happened in different fights with different players (first was marauder and second was sentinel after 1 hour from first fight). Yet both accidents happened on new mandalore arena which is pretty meh...so our team lost elo due to buggs without any chances. Such things are the main reason why people quit not slow content release or lack of baby yoba pet.

I see different players facing same problem too http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=974526 it is happening on regular basis

Edited by omaan