Happy 8-Year Anniversary from Star Wars: The Old Republic

DanielSteed

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been around so long, but my best memory is the feeling i got, when i completed the main story with my last toon, and earned my "Legendary Player"- title...

I still got my first 2 toons, Made and played simultaneously: A daring Gunslinger named Sonya Maddox, and a chiss Powertech named Chu'un'durrundo

My least favored thing is when people takes my kills, AFTER i've engaged the enemy..

I don't understand the logic behind, as the other player does not get anything out of it.. no XP, no loot, nothing.. :jawa_confused:

I would suggest that for the Anniversary event which runs for the month of the Anniversary to have 2x all rewards that are activated by an item like a buff or something, which is removeable for those that want to remove it, but it only lasts for the month of the anniversary is automatically removes itself and disables itself.

It would make this anniversary thing worth looking forward to.

It's hard for me to fathom that it's been 8 long years since that wonderful day :D . But , all I know is that SW:TOR has been the Blessing , the true & loyal 'Friend' that this Fully Disabled U.S. Air Force Combat Veteran needed back in late 2011 and early 2012.

It's helped me to meet people , to socialize & fantasize about being someone , somewhere else that stuck in the harsh reality that I am in . I know that I'm grateful to still be alive , thankful for every, single day that I'm given but my

" Reality " is not an easy one nor is it for lesser Men / Beings . I know that I've become weaker in some ways , but so much stronger in others that I'm grateful for the Journey that Fate / Life has put me on. And SW:TOR has helped me to adjust & continue on that path , on that journey so very , very well. ;)

So , here is to all the Family & Friends that I knew , that I've known & that I will meet someday here on SW:TOR . For all the Players , Guilds, Role Play Partners & Raiders that I've known & will know as I continue down this lovely cobbled path that is Star Wars : My Old Republic :cool:.

And I pray that everyone out there gets as much out of this game , the Fun , the excitement , the enjoyment , friendship , comradire & companionship that I've felt & always feel every single day I play on SW:TOR . And to those that help make this game , this lovely Space Opera "Reality" , just a heartfelt "Thank you so very, very much" , from the bottom of my heart.

Because of you , my world , my life , My Pain is a whole lot more tolerable , manageable & liveable . So , thank you once again from me to you. Truly . :) TheSirStrazzen

Hello everyone!

Today marks our 8-year anniversary! To celebrate, members of the BioWare and Lucasfilm teams share their memories from 8 years of STAR WARS: The Old Republic.

Happy 8th Anniversary!!!

I have been a player since the early Beta days and my favorite memory is opening weekend. I held a LAN party in my barracks over in Korea and we convinced over 11 people to start playing with us just by playing the game in a common room and having Star Wars playing beside us. 5 People even bought and built computers that weekend so they could play the game. We called ourselves "The Stench of Tarkin" as its power is known throughout the galaxy. Thank you for keeping The Old Republic a place where Star Wars fans can feel a part of the story itself.

“Remember…the Force will be with you, always.” - Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

I've had lots of good memories over these 8 years with SWTOR, but if I had to pick one that stands out for me as the most personally satisfying, I'd have to say it was during launch, on my first character (still my main, BTW). I'd made a dathomir (aka red) zabrak inquisitor and had made it to Tattooine. During my own quests, I can across a republic scum player battling it out with a few sandpeople. Being the Sith Lord that I am, I'd entered stealth, waiting for the perfect opportunity to strike, taking out the Jedi fool before he knew what was happening.

There, gloating over my conquered foe, I basked in the immersion, slaying a Jedi, on tattooine, in the most insidious, underhanded way possible. This was the moment I knew I'd be here for a long, long time. xD

Whether counting down the days to when we could preorder our collector's edition, get into the beta, or watch the clock tick down until we could get into game at our assigned time when it went live, I've never been more excited for a game than I've been for swtor.

It's been an interesting 8 years. I've always enjoyed the stories. There have been some interesting things done with the game as well. As with anything, there's been good and bad. This isn't a thread to be talking about bad or what can be made even better. Bottom line is I think SWTOR has been in a good place with the leadership team the past couple of years. Happy 8 year anniversary SWTOR! Looking forward to seeing what else is done with this great game.

Edited by Kirtastropohe

Eight freakin' years? Really? When it all started, I was still working full-time (since retired), and my son had yet to graduate from high school (he's married and working now).

I remember the hot thrill down my spine as I watched the trailer/preview presentation at Pax West, with a couple of my Star Wars tabletop RPG buddies. I saw the Smuggler in action, and announced "that's me!", and it's still my favorite class (yes, and Agent).

I remember beta, and the suicide jump party on Coruscant as the beta server shut down for the last time.

I remember having to get my wife her own account, because once she got a taste of the game, we'd fight over who got to play every night.

SWTOR was my first full-bore MMO - I'd played Guild Wars, and dabbled in LotRO, but this was my first paid subscription and first time I got involved with group activities. I shudder to recall how much of a noob I was (even compared to how nooby I am now!).

Looking back, while there have been frustrations and weird problems with the game and some of the stories, my truly negative experiences have always been with the -players- not the game itself.

I still sub and always have, and probably always will, until they shut it down. Sure, I have my list of things I wish were better, but I've never been tempted to quit. Keep up the good work (and minimize the bad, ha!).

As the song goes, "what a long, strange trip it's been..."

For me it had to be the very first time I saw the Sith Fury in game. By all that is Dark Side that is a gorgeous ship design. It still makes me happy every time I see it.

Thank you to all the developers, voice actors, programmers, managers, community staff, and everyone else for bringing me so much joy.

I started to play since beta (oh that was extremely loong nights and a lot of red bull lol). Then i remember pre-launch...that waves of players and reeeeally smooth start. My first Sith, Guild and friends that i found in game. PvP runs, PvP all night long on Illum (i still keep screens huh), first Battlemaster on server, Team Bacon and Re-Evolution warzone farms....ehhh. 2012 were quite good year for me and for SWTOR. Then (since there were nothing to do and achieve) i dropped the game for good 1 and a half year. My friends left, guilds abandoned...i became casual and alone and decided not to tie up with any society in game (just to help ppl to create their owns and leave afterwards). Then servers merged and i was moved from The Sith Wyrm (US) to Shadowlands (US) and then i decided to move to Darth Malgus (EU) coz my location changed too. I changed many things in my life, got perfect job in ministry of justice (and became deputy director of department), met my wife. lost my relatives...played many games and MMOs but i never really left SWTOR (cant say the same about teso or wow for ex.) and this game keep giving me fun, awesome stories and reason to play. Even if there nothing to do actually i can just stay on fleet and run around, or help someone with guild creation\heroics etc. That game makes me feel im home and that feeling is extremely rare and i cant say something like that about all MMOs i played. I hope you folks will make SWTOR greater than ever and bring us more years of fun and good feelings. Merry Christmas everyone and happy holidays!

p.s Its the one and only MMO where i pay sub even if i dont play. So before and after 1.5 update im payin it for 180 days.

p.p.s Here's my screen with ingame letter. 2930 days folks! https://imgur.com/VMSzxBT

Greatest moment for me personally was during early access playing the sith warrior and getting the red light sabre then fishing a combo with ravage for the 1st time and realising how incredibly bad azz the sith warrior looked and feeling like a real villain. (the old ravage animation not the new one) Edited by Mr_Chop

My first time on Taris as a lowby I witnessed a crew of endgame players with a good mix of classes, which was kinda rare back in those days, take out Subject Alpha. When I saw that Scrambling Field cover the whole group and the Jedi jumping from friend to foe and slamming rocks and debris into its face, I was floored. Afterwords they all rocket boosted away and I knew I would be here forever.

Happy to see you are all still enthusiastic about SWTOR, just like we are :)

Hope we get to see many more of these anniversaries and a lot more of what you have planned for us in the future :)

Happy holidays and all the best into the next year for all of you and swtor :)

Happy 8th year anniversary to Devs and all swtor friends!

It's been an amazing 8 years and looking forward to 8 more!

:D

Ditto!

I have tons of favorite memories but the earliest is sitting with my kids in the same room all playing SWTOR together at launch! FUN then and FUN now!

Well done guys. You're doing great. Keep it up and may the force serve you well!

:D

Happy 8 year anniversary SWTOR! This game has impacted my life like no other. I have been playing since beta and in 2014 met the man who would become my husband during a VoidStar pvp match. We are now working on our fifth year of marriage and have a beautiful baby boy! Thank you SWTOR!!! We wish you all an awesome year and many more after.:D

May the force be with you!!