Happy 8-Year Anniversary from Star Wars: The Old Republic

DanielSteed

As a huge KOTOR fan I was totally heart broken when I found that we won't be getting the 3rd one after KOTOR 2 ESPECIALLY after that ending...

I hate SWTOR because I blamed it for KOTOR gutting and I said I will never play this **** .

But after years of not playing any Star Wars game, I said ok.. I will give SWTOR a chance and I made a f2p account in March 2015 and unsurprisingly I totally fell in love with game and it's atmosphere.

I am here since and I still love it.. despite all it's flaws . ;)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As part of the anniversary celebrations, how about giving people the appropriate tier rewards they earned during the last ranked season, but didn't get and CS won't fix? I'm owed 7,500 tokens, not to mention the other rewards I should've got for reaching the silver tier. I don't play ranked for the fun of it.

Suppose it's tough *********** **** as usual though right? -_-

Congrats on the 8th anniversary, not only for enduring but for the renewed support you are giving to the game. I don't have any data, but i strongly believe this year SWTOR saw player growth for the first time in a long time, and it proves that SWTOR still has much to give. Edited by Nemmar

Happy 8th to all! I'm a founder and I will never forget the early days when we could create interesting hybrid builds. I so loved my hybrid Powertech and Marauder. Sadly, a patch came early on that destroyed my builds. They began a process that pruned and nerfed all the fun out of the game. I'm back to check out Onslaught and sad the classes don't live up to their original promise.

Still waiting for my bonus series title for completing Taris. :rak_03:

Happy anniversary.

Me too! My original Sage toon's progress there is at a standstill... :mad:

I have a memory from my time beta testing 8+ years ago that I can still recall with perfect detail today. It's from my Jedi Knight's initial arrival on Coruscant. I remember exiting the spaceport and seeing the massive building before me. I looked to the left and right and saw a vast skyline filled with airspeeders for as far as my graphics cards would render. Coming from the KOTOR series, I really couldn't believe the change in scale. I was hooked at that moment and have been playing since.

P.S. Kindly fix the Taris bonus series and the plethora of missing codex entries.

I started playing in 2011. This game has become pretty important to me, and a central part of my life. I've met people I've become friends with. We've bonded to each other in a unique way, and are sort of like a family. Even though we are all so different, it's so easy to bond with the people I have met. This game has given us a common interest that is difficult to describe. It's a bit more complex than just "liking Star Wars". I have even met my current boyfriend of 2 years in this game, so I'm really grateful for it :3

Happy Anniversary. Been here since before launch, met some good friends, started forum roleplaying while waiting for the game to launch. Happy that you finally decided to give us an Alderaan Castle, now have to figure out what to ask for now since it took you years to put that in game (lol). Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, thank you and take care. I will always have a special place in my heart for this game but not like I have for SWG, where I met my boyfriend, that game will always be special to me.:) Edited by casirabit

Happy SWTORversary! I started playing last year and have played 4 characters. I'm in it for the stories and love how many there are. My furthest character is my Chiss Imperial agent, and my current character is a Nautolan Sith Assassin. My favourite thing about this game has gotta be the mentions and sightings of events and people from KOTOR. Like Revan, and the Endar Spire on Taris. I'm a bit behind on the expansions, but can't wait to see what else comes out.

The most memorable event I've had in playing the game had to be around the time the game first went live. Someone in a guild I had joined just after the game came out had the idea of creating a nonsense guild of fat male Troopers called Supper Troopers (play on words of the Super Troopers movie). It was hilarious watching a group of 10 or so troopers running around with short crew cut hair style and the mustaches that they had in Super Troopers. We were led by our commander who was a skinny (Body type-1) trooper with the same hair-do and mustache. Edited by Tahavinox
Typos

Belated Happy Birthday SWTOR! I wish I had been around during launch and played the game since its start 8 years ago. I joined a year after launch and celebrated my 7 year anniversary on SWTOR in November. But I am hoping to see SWTOR stay around for many years to come, as there is no game like this one out there. I have tried various games over the years but nothing managed to captivate me like SWTOR did. Without a doubt, SWTOR is my favourite game of all time! Edited by Ylliarus

I know I am late to the party but happy 8th birthday :). I've been here since beta and I am still around, especially when there is new story content.

Like many KOTOR fans, I wanted a KOTOR 3 but SWTOR didn't disappoint in any way. I still remember when you first announced Chiss would be a playable race, I was sold ;). It was a dream come true.

Anyway, thanks for all the awesome moments and I wish SWTOR many more birthdays. Also thanks for the HK droids, Quinn, Theron, Darth Arkous, Darth Serevin, Cytharat and any and all Chiss-related content <3.