Star Wars Episode IX Spoiler Reminder

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

With the launch of Episode 9 I wanted to remind everyone to please be courteous to your fellow Star Wars fans here on the forums around spoilers. If you post about the movie with spoilers, use spoiler tags. For the next week or so, breaking this rule can lead to forum account action. Just be courteous to your fellow forum goers and enjoy the movie!

-eric

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

With the launch of Episode 9 I wanted to remind everyone to please be courteous to your fellow Star Wars fans here on the forums around spoilers. If you post about the movie with spoilers, use spoiler tags. For the next week or so, breaking this rule can lead to forum account action. Just be courteous to your fellow forum goers and enjoy the movie!

-eric

dont want to be rude, but i think that almost no one is interested in "Disney Wars" 9th episode. They ruined it completely.

dont want to be rude, but i think that almost no one is interested in "Disney Wars" 9th episode. They ruined it completely.

Maybe in your circles but I know some of my friends went to see it and liked it so your opinion is just your opinion.

And thanks for the reminder Eric.

Edited by casirabit

First off, uhh c'mon now yes you most certainly did wanna be rude lol .

Secondly....

Um it pulled in around 44 -48 million on Thursdsy so that's false. User reviews are mostly glowing.

QFE ;)

(Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll , Disney gonna make $$$ regardless )

--

p.s. Eric: still unclear as to why no Ep. 9 tie-in with SWTOR at all ? Disney/EA must've veto'd it for some reason? I mean heck, not even a new 'Cartel Market' item or mini-PET ? Sorta perplexing and disappointing tbh. :(

Edited by Nee-Elder

That's exactly what you wanted to do. Here's a thought, show your disdain for Disney by not going to see the movie. It's very simple. By the way, the numbers show your 'almost no one is interested' proves otherwise. ;)

Edited by Pirana

I dont know why you playing swtor then if you like the movie. I didnt know you could die from literally using the force. So i can learn how to be as strong as Valkorian in 1 year according to disney. Because Rey just got stronger than palpatine in 1 year. btw who trained her? i guess thats the milk she got from jake skywalker.

Shouldnt we all die in this game if we use the force? i mean they all died using the force lmao. Explain to me please.

Oh and the Numbers you talking about? How many of them know the lore of star wars? casuals. All casuals. They know nothing about star wars and they score for the movie itself thinking, oh thats a great 0815 sci-fi movie.

I used to say this a dozen times but i will say it again.

"Its a decent movie, but as a star wars movie, it absolutely sucks. Because Star wars is more than just 0815 basic Sci-Fi movie."

Edited by isimanage

Oh and the Numbers you talking about? How many of them know the lore of star wars? casuals. All casuals. They know nothing about star wars and they score for the movie itself thinking, oh thats a great 0815 sci-fi movie.

So in other words, you know definitively that the people that viewed the movie are casuals and the ones that may have actually been casuals don't have the right to enjoy the movie because they know nothing about the lore? Makes perfect sense.. :rolleyes:

I How many of them know the lore of star wars? casuals. All casuals. They know nothing about star wars and they score for the movie itself thinking, oh thats a great 0815 sci-fi movie.

Oh really? I think you better recheck your information. My friends and I have been watching Star Wars since the very first one was released and as far as the lore, we know the lore very well and in fact we also do roleplay based on the lore and we double check our information against the lore. So your comment is false. It is not all casuals nor is people that don't know the lore of Star Wars.

Um it pulled in around 44 -48 million on Thursdsy so that's false. User reviews are mostly glowing.

Yeah, the sheer amount of people afraid to admit they enjoy a movie that's not reviewed well by critics. I mean, to me, Rogue One's greatest weakness is it's essentially a very safely played, can't change anything, tribute to everything people wanted to see while adding enough gritty parts to appeal to critics. Honestly, critics in 2019 would eviscerate the entire original trilogy... because they have always had a bias against science fiction. Star Wars as the most successful science fiction franchise of all time galls them so they've always wanted the series to be more palatable to 'them' if a sci-fi series has to be this big.

And as for Rey's power...

Her psychometry which was her most distinct strength was a fraction of what Palpatine could do- she grew up in a desert using her staff (duelling) as a defence- fighting someone who never seemed to want her dead. Then we have how the final battle culminated in which she had to channel the entire legacy of the Jedi, borrowing their strength which killed her if not for Ben using his own strength and life to bring her back. Her own capability is more on par with Luke's, probably less and doesn't touch Anakin. Her journey is distinct and relies on her antagonist/force bond partner and the differences in story are what are causing some rather stupid complaints. Go back watch the seventh movie, knowing Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter. The issue people had was they were unwilling to wait for the missing back story and Rian Johnson is why we'll never have a situation like VIII again. Rey was never meant to be a special snowflake with no reason for her abilities. I'm not sure why Rian Johnson thought that doing it in Star Wars was a good idea.

First off, uhh c'mon now yes you most certainly did wanna be rude lol .

Secondly....

QFE ;)

(Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll , Disney gonna make $$$ regardless )

--

p.s. Eric: still unclear as to why no Ep. 9 tie-in with SWTOR at all ? Disney/EA must've veto'd it for some reason? I mean heck, not even a new 'Cartel Market' item or mini-PET ? Sorta perplexing and disappointing tbh. :(

Because this game is seen as dead weight to the franchise. EA can make Star Wars games and add a mini pet based off the most recent one, but they were probably told in no uncertain terms they weren't allowed to make any items which tied this to IX until such-and-such date.

The forums aren't where you should be enforcing spoilers. General chat is overrun with players purposely throwing around spoilers just to piss off other players.

I'm curious Eric... are you taking any action about them, or just in the forums?

Because this game is seen as dead weight to the franchise..

uhh, i don't believe that's true lol, unless you can provide some actual evidence? ( quote from BioWare? statement from Disney? internal emails from EA , perhaps? )

Otherwise, you're just trolling or guessing or wishing?

Typically, companies don't keep "dead weight" around for 8+ years unless it's making them some semblance of profit.

Besides which, 1 of the main aspects of SW Ep. 9 seems to have been plucked (or inspired by) directly from SWTOR's...

*KOFET & KOTFE expansion storylines* .

Edited by Nee-Elder
logic

Oh really? I think you better recheck your information. My friends and I have been watching Star Wars since the very first one was released and as far as the lore, we know the lore very well and in fact we also do roleplay based on the lore and we double check our information against the lore. So your comment is false. It is not all casuals nor is people that don't know the lore of Star Wars.

I took my sons to the first ones … Kind of grew up with it. Frankly I hope this new one is better than the "Last Jedi". It was horrible !!!

For whatever it's worth... I DO hope this one is better written.

From what I've read thus far the reviews are much better !!

I hope to see it in 3-D I-Max in a few days !

The forums aren't where you should be enforcing spoilers. General chat is overrun with players purposely throwing around spoilers just to piss off other players.

I'm curious Eric... are you taking any action about them, or just in the forums?

I don't see any action taken against anyone in game. The forums are much easier to track, notably after the warning Eric posted yesterday. In game? No way they're gonna track all that. I do agree with your sentiment, it's just not gonna happen. People need to be aware and not have general chat on anywhere until they've seen the movie.

Well i don't care about spoilers as i don't intend to go watch this movie in theaters, i'll probably stream it when i'll be available but not spent my money on it...

One of my friends who was actually excited to see it came back saying it was garbage, and having read the leaks who happened to be true, i'm not interested.

As for MaRey Sue, most people's problem with her is not that she's powerful, it's that she never has to do anything, not even the most basic training to be better than anyone else at everything she does :rolleyes:

I just saw it with my wife and we both loved it. So I don't share your sentiment in the least. Everybody can have their own opinion but for me this is one of the best SW movies ever made and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. Will definitely go again over the holidays.

Interesting how many dollars did the other sequels had in their first day or weekend?

From cinemablend, and the correct 40m number, the 44-48 was a prediction:

If that $40 million opening night figure holds once all the money is counted, that gives Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker the fifth-highest Thursday night preview box office of all time, slotting in behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, which made $43.5 million in previews. Also ahead of The Rise of Skywalker are Star Wars: The Last Jedi with $45 million, Star Wars: The Force Awakens with $57 million and, of course, Avengers: Endgame with $60 million.

What is clear is that Disney Star wars has been in decline.

Gonna be honest here, the best thing they can do now is call this SW legends trilogy and scrap it from canon. Then go with George's planned movies instead.

Edited by Nemmar

Hey folks,

-eric

have then a good question for you Eric.

what about the chat in the game if there do it we most block then or is that also count as spam for next few weeks if we wane report then for spoilers?