Wookiee Hugging Champion

Arkamos-Aurelius

Frustrating indeed - where are they? The Fleet, Nar Shaddaa, somewhere else?

I went to all horde planets where you find the Life Day droids but found no Wookies. They seem to only be on the fleet or Nar Shadaa. I'm an achievement whore but even I can't be arsed with this stupid ability hugging malarky. I did the x10 for the quest then I was out.

Alright, after some testing, I finally figured out how to get the bloody achievement without pulling my hair out in the process. It still requires plenty of time, but much less than what I wasted on it previously, when the event just started.

1) Put on a song playlist, a podcast or whatever makes hours of repetitive activity less of a pain in the butt for you. You're going to need it.

2) Go to Preferences -> Nameplates and uncheck "Scale Nameplates With Distance". That makes spotting a wookiee easier. While you're at it, disable everything else that is of no immediate interest to you while hunting for this cheevo (like nameplaters of other players).

3) You're going to need about 4 characters (+/-1, depending on instance availability and how fast you can load) that have access to personal ship.

4) If you're in full 306, do yourself a favor and put it all in inventory. Ideally, you're not gonna fight anyone, but if you do, at least you won't have to pay the ridiculous repair bill.

5) Login on the first character. Go to Nar Shaddaa Promenade area, hug the wookiees. There are 2 near Imp/Pub taxis, 3 on the second floor, the rest on the first floor and not that hard to find. Repeat this process on all instances, including PvP. If you see players of opposing faction hugging wookiees, try to avoid attacking them. This achievement is painful to get as it is, without being delayed by pointless duels.

6) Go to Mek-Sha Slugfall Cantina. Go up, and you can't miss the wookiees. There are 12 of them. Hug them all and repeat the process on every instance available to you.

7) Login on the second character. Repeat everything you did during 5-6 steps of this guide, then login on the 3rd and 4th characters. Usually, by the point you finish everything on the 3-4th toon, the first character can hug wookiees again.

8) Repeat until you hit 1000.

If you're having trouble activating a hug, stand directly before a wookiee (on the green circle thing), RMB a wookiee and see what the pop-up message is. Press "/". If it says you're too close, do several steps back. If you're too far, step forward. "/" is used to activate walking, so your steps are small and you have more control over them.

5) Login on the first character. Go to Nar Shaddaa Promenade area, hug the wookiees. There are 2 near Imp/Pub taxis, 3 on the second floor, the rest on the first floor and not that hard to find. Repeat this process on all instances, including PvP. If you see players of opposing faction hugging wookiees, try to avoid attacking them. This achievement is painful to get as it is, without being delayed by pointless duels.

You can't attack opposing factions on the promenade otherwise that place would have been a blood bath since day one.

You can outside the Mek-Sha cantina though.

There's no point using Nar Shaddaa anyway. The wookiees are more spread out. Just do Mek-Sha on several characters.

Yeah I've found Mek-Sha is the best place to get it done, there's 12 there and they're pretty quick to get through and not to far apart. I did Nar Shadaa a few times but agree that they're to spread out and that Mek-Sha is much, much faster.

Target the wookie before you get close. The brackets that break the circle around the wookie is your target stop point. If you have to, stop sprinting and just walk up.

I've tried several approaches... and for whatever it's worth the solution is one of frustration ! It is VERY sensitive (for whatever reason).

Sorry .. not trying to be argumentative.. just saying:

too close...

not close enough..

Wookie not hugging at this time ??

In any case. If you do this just plan on taking your time . Click on the Wookie before approaching...and watch the "icon" it will light up when you are at "just the right spot".

Hope this helps !

I didn't know there were Wookies on Mek-sha. I might go there on a few characters to get the Wrapped Parcels from the Wookie Hugging quest. (But I'm not going to bother with the cheevo.)

Mek-sha is definately easier and faster, if you do one instance, then switch to another, then change to pvp focus, you'll get 36 done. Although there are trolls on the pvp instance, waiting for people, just so they can attack., so go with a good geared toon, and 50's comp, or some friends :)

I found that if you click the wookie first, and move the camera so it's facing, down, ie see the top of the head, there's a green circle around the wookie, if you stand on the point/tip of the circle (Not really a full circle, but it's easier to explain...lol) you can hug them no problem, no shifting, etc.

Can confirm that this is a very useful tip. There is a small triangle in front of the wookiee. If you -walk- up to the wookiee, with that arrow lined up with your path of travel, the hug icon goes yellow quite easily. Mek-Sha had a ton of wookiees to hug too. The standard gift is 2 wrapped parcels, for hugging 10 wookiees. Thanks all for the useful tips!

I didn't know there were Wookies on Mek-sha. I might go there on a few characters to get the Wrapped Parcels from the Wookie Hugging quest. (But I'm not going to bother with the cheevo.)

pub and imp have slightly different name

but should be slugfall harbor and slugfall cantina