Wookiee Hugging Champion

Arkamos-Aurelius

Am I the only one finding this achievement impossibly frustrating?

You're supposed to hug a wookiee. No, /hug isn's enough, you must use a special ability. That activates only when you're this close. No, not that close. Now you're at a wrong angle. Again, wrong angle. Still wrong angle and distance. Yes, now you're at the right position, and you're supposed to wait all 4s, or the hug won't count.

Now repeat all of this 1000 times.

And you can only hug a wookiee once per instance, so, after you've done it all, there's little choice but to swap toons.

Like, compared to usual Life Day activities, this is not fun at all, so I'm at the point of just skipping the achievement altogether.

If you hug a wookiee, does that make you a tree hugger hugger?

Furry hugger, more likely.

But seriously. I asked in the game itself, and I'm obviously not alone in my frustration. So far, I've been running for about 2 hours, and only got about 50 hugs per character before I have to switch. Is this really how this achievement is supposed to be done? If so, I'm gonna drop hunting for it.

with my pc lagging from the people clicking their anniversary items/etc. i've only hugged 2 in a 20min period. logged off to find out what the deal was with this quest. logging on after the update i was nearly logged off again from inactivity due to the lag.

They made the hitbox or whatever maddingly small. Like you have to target your character *just* right for it to trigger. I seriously hope they fix this. As to the location, there is one on fleet, and like 4 -5 on Nar Shadda lower promenade.

Most wookiees are found on Nar Shaddaa upper&lower promenade. 12 total. The cd is ridiculous long and swapping characters just for hugging some wookiees. Nah. I now feel like force choking those Wookiees and have their hides as rugs in my Stronghold now. I agree with the OP. This achievement is frustrating.

I can work with the small hitbox. It's the not not knowing what the timer for hugging those Wookiees is.

Edited by Kirameki

Logged in today and checked if anything changed: wookiees became much easier to hug. I no longer have to use "/" for precision walking.

Now I just have to see if anything was done about ridiculous CD on each of them.

Update: Mek-Sha has wookiees. Go to Slugfall Cantina and look around.

Edited by Arkamos-Aurelius
Update

Logged in today and checked if anything changed: wookiees became much easier to hug. I no longer have to use "/" for precision walking.

Now I just have to see if anything was done about ridiculous CD on each of them.

Trust me, timer is still ridiculous long.

Saw someone link their achievement last night and they had 999/1000 done, so, it's possible. Just gotta be vigilant at it and practice I guess. Not saying it isn't frustrating, but it's possible.

Go to Mek-Sha, hug all 12 of them, change instance, change character. I finished it this morning.

I found that if you click the wookie first, and move the camera so it's facing, down, ie see the top of the head, there's a green circle around the wookie, if you stand on the point/tip of the circle (Not really a full circle, but it's easier to explain...lol) you can hug them no problem, no shifting, etc. Edited by DarkTergon

I found that if you click the wookie first, and move the camera so it's facing, down, ie see the top of the head, there's a green circle around the wookie, if you stand on the point/tip of the circle (Not really a full circle, but it's easier to explain...lol) you can hug them no problem, no shifting, etc.

It even works, thanks. :D