High Alacrity DPS Builds Dead?

Zoszia

The only way to know for sure is to test your class/spec with parsing to see what gives you better numbers, the low alacricity or high alacricity build.

Depends if you're gearing for pvp or pve as well.

I found using a high alacricity build for ruffian scoundrel (dot spec) improved my dps by about 10% over a low alacricity build.

On the other hand low alacricity was slightly better than high for infiltration shadow (burst spec) and about the same for the serenity (dot spec) shadow.

the new cutoff is so high that I heard it overly traded off crit (as compared to the 5.x version). i'm no expert though, and don't get enough optimized enhancements and can't afford top tier augments yet. Thanks BW for the amazing credit grind! (/sarcasm)

I think overall for 1.) Lightning - worth it (1901 or 2130 alac here), 2.) arsenal / carnage - maybe worth it (23xx? alacrity here)

for the rest - subjective depending on playstyle and if you want bigger hits or possible (with lucky crit) better sustain.

Like I parsed a bunch on madness, both at 1.4 pure 1260 alac vs 1800 alac vs 2130 alac vs 3206 alac.

My highest parses and the ones where I broke and came close to 23k where all at 3206. After that just going 1230 or 1400 where best.

I would say with high alac based on parsing you have the potential to reach higher highs if you get lucky on crits (using crit relic and crit adrenals to compensate), but at low alac most specs that don't have built in alacrity will perform more consistently....like you won't see the peaks but neither will you see the lows of a high alacrity / low crit setup.

This whole situation has gotten very confusing. I will swear that Crit isn't what it used to be, but Alacrity isn't quite the monster it used to be either. It's like they nerfed everything.

Last night I switched to a setup with 3350 Alacrity on my Seer Sage, (obviously healer rather then DPS), after trying for the last few weeks a setup with ~1250 Alacrity and all the Crit I could cram in. (Obviously Accuracy on a healer is about as useful as **** on a boar.)

Neither setup really impresses me all that much, especially given the huge numbers for mastery and such, as compared to pre-6.0

I'll say it again - It's like they nerfed everything.

Edited by ElZaguero

3206 (1.3s GCD) is good for Lethality. I am unsure if it benefits other classes.

Generally speaking, with a 6kish total stat pool you'll spend 1.5k on Accuracy. 1.2k on Alacrity for T1 or 3.2k Alacrity for T2 leaving either 3.3k or 1.3k for Crit.

I believe that its better to shoot for 1.4s GCD for Arsenal. 1.3s GCD for Lightning. 1.5s GCD for Carnage (possibly 1.4s GCD). And the rest aiming for 1.4s GCD.

I know that with no % bonuses to Alacrity. Hitting 1.4s GCD allows the relic of the Primeval Fatesealer (alacrity clicky) to bump you to 3206 (1.3s GCD) every other minute making that relic actually useful in PvE level synced content.