Biochem RE Chance TOO LOW

ZeridanShear

Since Thursday, I've RE'd 145 times to go from Artifact to Legendary Medpac.

That's a total of 870 individual purple medpacs. That's insane. This chance needs to be raised higher than 5%, especially for those of us that have piss all luck when it comes to REing. ESPECIALLY considering all other disciplines got bumped to 10%...

Damn, I was annoyed that it took me about 200 individual versatile stims to get the legendary recipe (and yes I know they aren't very useful now that they cap your stats everywhere...I wanted it anyway). I don't think I would have made it to 800 without losing my mind.

I even posted in the suggestion that the devs put in what one guy called a "pity bias" for those that don't have good luck when they RE. So, that it can't just go on and on forever. Crafting is so expensive, requires to much time gathering massive amounts of mats, etc. now that having such a low RE rate is just not a good experience for players. And, if you get a run of very bad luck on top of it, it can cause players to rage-quit. So, they need to raise the RE rates, or at the very least put in some mechanism for the RE rate to go up as you fail over and over and over and over and over ............

Medpac I got quite quickly (thankfully). Versatile Stim took a lot longer.

Either way, the 5% RE chance needs a rethink, I've suggested some changes to the RE chance over in the crafting feedback thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9804006&postcount=150

Specifically on the RE chances;

Green reverse engineer probability needs to be higher than blues, which needs to be higher than purples (20% would be ideal for purple reverse engineer chance). 40% / 30% / 20% is my suggestion.

Currently it sits lower than that, it also needs to be consistent across all crafting skills.

oh didn't you hear... they fixed those in the last patch, says so right in the patch notes

/sardonicism

you think those are bad? you should look at something like artifice... MK-3 relics (286) have an RE chance of 10% and cost 8 Solids each, no extra for critting, MK-4's are apparently 5%, and they go up to MK-6....

Edited by Void_Singer

oh didn't you hear... they fixed those in the last patch, says so right in the patch notes

/sardonicism

you think those are bad? you should look at something like artifice... MK-3 relics (286) have an RE chance of 10% and cost 8 Solids each, no extra for critting, MK-4's are apparently 5%, and they go up to MK-6....

Why, for the love of anything, would you want to make those relics to begin with? They are way below BiS and it's so easy to get better gear.

One of the main problems with crafting in 6.0 is that it's mostly useless. Augments and medpacs are the only real sensible thing and cybertech is complete fooked this time in that respect. The occasional tactical and those set pieces you can craft remain to be seen...I'm not convinced they're really that useful beyond what we already have.

But why in the world would anyone craft that sub-par 286 gear? Honestly, if there is a good reason, I'd like to know.

Why, for the love of anything, would you want to make those relics to begin with? They are way below BiS and it's so easy to get better gear.

One of the main problems with crafting in 6.0 is that it's mostly useless. Augments and medpacs are the only real sensible thing and cybertech is complete fooked this time in that respect. The occasional tactical and those set pieces you can craft remain to be seen...I'm not convinced they're really that useful beyond what we already have.

But why in the world would anyone craft that sub-par 286 gear? Honestly, if there is a good reason, I'd like to know.

I'd assume that 286 reverse engineered would provide the next level of schematics which in turn would provide 306 schematics eventually, which would sell (or would make gearing alts much faster instead of leaving it up to RNG).

QFT = Quoted For Truth. This exactly.

In spite of the fact that it was made hugely more complicated and expensive, crafting is essentially worthless because, with the two partial exceptions noted above, you cannot make anything worth having.

[...]

because they are required to get to the higher tiers of crafted relics, which do go all the way up to 306 (although AFAICT only the shield and absorb relics would be worth it).... same situation (AND costs) for armor/mods/enhancements... a few of those would be worthwhile, but not manny, but the costs are absurd.

you can see some posted on GTN for 20-40mil each on my server ("Superior ___ 80" for mods, "___ MK-6" for left side gear), but there are only a handful of sellers, because you have to be a billionaire several times over to afford to learn them

because they are required to get to the higher tiers of crafted relics, which do go all the way up to 306 (although AFAICT only the shield and absorb relics would be worth it).... same situation (AND costs) for armor/mods/enhancements... a few of those would be worthwhile, but not manny, but the costs are absurd.

you can see some posted on GTN for 20-40mil each on my server ("Superior ___ 80" for mods, "___ MK-6" for left side gear), but there are only a handful of sellers, because you have to be a billionaire several times over to afford to learn them

Someone on my server has posted up several 300 / 306 relics that proc capped stats, or are clicky variety for capped stats - which sure seems like a waste to me, but what do I know.

Aaahh. Now there's a bit a news for me. So they can go up to 306. I had no idea. Thanks for letting me know. My artificer might have something to do after all. Cause as you say tank relics are a bit tricky I've noticed as well.