Make Ranked Tokens Legacy Wide (EricMusco Quote)

Rogean

Double checked with the team and this is something they would be on board with trying to do in the future. The trick is that making currencies be Legacy wide is not easy and requires quite a substantial amount of work behind the scenes. We are working on making Legacy currencies a bit "cleaner" on our side and when we get to that point, Ranked Tokens would be top of the list to convert.

Nothing is scheduled or planned for that right now, but know that the team shares your interest in moving the currency that way.

-eric

Hey Eric,

Is this still something planned?

Thanks!

Double checked with the team and this is something they would be on board with trying to do in the future. The trick is that making currencies be Legacy wide is not easy and requires quite a substantial amount of work behind the scenes. We are working on making Legacy currencies a bit "cleaner" on our side and when we get to that point, Ranked Tokens would be top of the list to convert.

Nothing is scheduled or planned for that right now, but know that the team shares your interest in moving the currency that way.

-eric

Since when is it a difficult task to add up the same field value for every record/object in a database/abstract data structure?

Edited by varietasplus

Since when is it a difficult task to add up the same field value for every record/object in a database/abstract data structure?

If I had to guess how it would work - They have currency that is per character, and currency that is stored in legacy. So, two different places in the database they are likely stored. I'm also guessing they have a 'versioning' system for characters which is processed when they log in. If a character logs in for the first time since a version was implemented (like, after a patch), it will process the script for that version.

So, again guessing, it would probably involve adding the new currency in Legacy, and creating a versioning script on login to convert character tokens to legacy tokens.

This is based on my experience in game development and how I've observed the system may work from years of playing this game. It doesn't seem like that much work but that could depend on how their database and code/scripting is setup.