Latest Cartel Market Additions - December 12th

DanielSteed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Festival dress looks very appropriately "Life Day" to me - very festive and appropriately colored (although I think it looks better with a darker red dye). The gold parts on the chest are very much like the gold effect you get on a lot of Christmas ornaments and wrapping paper.

It may not look that good after Life Day, but by then it will be time for a new outfit anyway. 🙂

Do you like the actual gold colour? It’s so different to the other gold shades in the game. I find it repulsive (as you can probably gather from my description of it)

One thing I forgot to add is when you match the top with white pants, they go the colour of that dirty yellow crafted dye that looks a bit like spew. Which would explain a lot if they are using that yellow as a basis for the gold in the outfit.

As far as I know, nobody in their right mind uses that dye because it really is a disgusting yellow (not sure what they were thinking when they created that dye). I tried crafting some once to see if I could sell them, no one would buy them (cant blame them). Not sure what I did with them.

I can only imagine that sales aren’t going to be as good as they could have been on this outfit if they’d used a better yellow base for the gold or if they’d just left it unlocked so we could apply any colour.

I know there will be some “strange” people (LoL) who will like it, but many won’t. The easiest solution is to remove the “locked” dye colour for those parts of the outfit and let us use the yellow we want to give it a real gold affect.

I wonder how hard it would be to unlock it?

While I understand you don't like it, I don't think stating "strange" is very nice if someone likes it. Everyone has a different opinion but w/e.

Quick update for the article, both the Dashing Rogue Armor Set and Gambler's Luck Blaster Pistol were added to the Cartel Market yesterday. I've updated the article to reflect this.

But not a mention of what the actual topic was, the horrible gold/not gold colour.....or the fact it's only primary dye....gold also isn't dyeable, and ofcourse, the biggest problem, it doesn't look like what was previewed.........

Quick update for the article, both the Dashing Rogue Armor Set and Gambler's Luck Blaster Pistol were added to the Cartel Market yesterday. I've updated the article to reflect this.

I have to give credit where credit is due, I really like the Dashing Rogue Armor set. It’s well thought out and from what I saw using it last night, I think the fashion designers have really stepped up over the years, especially in the last 2-3 months.

My only criticism about the set is the boots being locked to brown. You guys really need to stop locking items to a specific colour.

The boot design it’s self is absolutely awesome (IMO). They look like real boots with proper texture. And for once they work extremely well with female body types (did you guys start getting some female designers ;))

So, give the guys who designed this set a pat on the back and a thumbs up.

Just gently explain to them not to lock important pieces like boots and skirts etc to just one colour. Part of the fun is adding our own dyes to mix and match our other outfit’s pieces so we don’t all look the same

Edited by TrixxieTriss

But not a mention of what the actual topic was, the horrible gold/not gold colour.....or the fact it's only primary dye....gold also isn't dyeable, and ofcourse, the biggest problem, it doesn't look like what was previewed.........

I worked out the problem. If you put on another skirt and match it, you will see it’s that baby poo yellow dye they’ve applied to the outfit. That’s why the gold doesn’t match any other gold in the game.

There is of course and easy fix. Unlock the colour so we can apply our own colours to it. That way the outfit would be perfect IMO and allow everyone to enjoy the outfit it and not just those who like that specific poo yellow dye coloured skirt. (Maybe I should start crafting that dye. There is obviously some who like it;))

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I have to give credit where credit is due, I really like the Dashing Rogue Armor set. It’s well thought out and from what I saw using it last night, I think the fashion designers have really stepped up over the years, especially in the last 2-3 months.

Does it work correctly when you draw blaster pistols? Or does the cape still cling to your elbows and end up horribly creased halfway down your back, like in the preview window?

Gotta say I love the new Lando Calrissian inspired Dashing Rogue set. Very 70s. I especially love the flares on the pants! I was tempted to buy, but it's still at the "brand new" price, so I'll wait it out.

Speaking of the pants flares, though... Why do they look like they've been stapled onto the pants? Like, there's a visible line above them.

Edited by BelorfinSiana

That’s a clipping issue and model issue, not a texture issue.

And yes, that happens to me and not just on this outfit. I’ve collected over a hundred outfits now and there are a bunch of them this happens on. Some are old and never fixed and some are newer but never fixed. So I wouldn’t expect this one will get fixed either (which is a disappointment).

Something has also happened since 6,0, which is colour bleed through on some gearing. Ie, there is a belt I really love to use, but can’t anymore because the secondary dye that’s applied to it naturally, bleeds the colour through now and it looks like crap. Pretty annoying when I’ve 38 characters using this belt in one or more outfits. Plus, I only purchased the outfit so I could use the belt. So that was a waste of CC’s or Credits,.

They did something with 6,0 colouring, probably trying to get black to look black and it’s messing up a lot of outfit pieces. Which is in no way related to this issue, but I thought I’d share how Bioware don’t pay attention to detail and probably won’t fix any of these problems, including the clipping in this outfit.

Gotta say I love the new Lando Calrissian inspired Dashing Rogue set. Very 70s. I especially love the flares on the pants! I was tempted to buy, but it's still at the "brand new" price, so I'll wait it out.

Speaking of the pants flares, though... Why do they look like they've been stapled onto the pants? Like, there's a visible line above them.

I got the outfit specifically for the flairs and boots (The head looks cool too). The pants work better with certain colours and it the “seam” is hardly noticeable at all.

I'm reffering to this

arm textures do not display correctly on female body 2 when wearing the Dashing Rogue chest piece, this happens not just in the preview window but also in cutscenes

are you sure you mean body type 2 ?

I am using bt 2 and all textures are there - as you can see here

(and don't judge the colors, I am in a christmas mood ^^)

Yep. That is my biggest issue, and when its 14 bucks, that's kinda wrong. In the preview the gold parts changed color, bought it and equipped it, the gold was still there with aa black/gray dye. False marketing anyone?

Also because color dyes are being conversed about, companion color unify is still broken after 4 years. It has been broken and refixed 4 times since it was added with 2.4, but it was broke last right after KOTFE (4.0) and still has not been fixed once.

Yep. That is my biggest issue, and when its 14 bucks, that's kinda wrong. In the preview the gold parts changed color, bought it and equipped it, the gold was still there with aa black/gray dye. False marketing anyone?

Absolutely. And they also need to learn that when something looks a certain way in the preview or their own screen shots, it needs to look the same when a player equips it. ie, the gold on the festival dress outfit isn’t the same gold you see in the preview or their own screen shot. It’s false advertising.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

are you sure you mean body type 2 ?

I am using bt 2 and all textures are there - as you can see here

(and don't judge the colors, I am in a christmas mood ^^)

Take a closer look at your characters arms in select screen and when just running around, the textures aren't working for you either

The chestpiece has rolled up sleeves, arms are supposed be in your char's skintone xd

Why is our Problem getting ignored like this? Not even a comment..?