6.0.2: Scourge Romance Bug? Tharan Cedrax's Return?

Ylliarus

Respectfully: NONE of the reunions were what I'd call "exciting". IMO.. the trooper reunion with Elara Dorne was really horrible. Even with the "perfect soldier" : If their relationship was worth $.10 she would have stopped everything going on in that room with a reaction to see her "Love" back in her arms. So much so that she would have been next to impossible to stop from a reunion that would have brought down the house. ( I could see Lana and Theron: … OK … Maybe we should get scarce for a few minutes … or longer" )

But there again.. the reality was: after 2 minutes (or less) … bricked ! DOA !

(Just my useless opinion)

You realise that this is likely to get us Quinn fanatics started? We had the exact same reunion disaster with Quinn as people did with Elara plus both Quinn and Dorne fans were done out of having their companion have their chosen customisations for the reunion (something the Devs are aware of and have said they will fix but still haven't. This has prevented many players from completing the Iokath story). Whilst there may be very little in the way of original romance interactions, at least (based on Charles Boyd's feedback) they realise that this is an important aspect of story game play for many. Hopefully there may be better things in the future.

You realise that this is likely to get us Quinn fanatics started? We had the exact same reunion disaster with Quinn as people did with Elara plus both Quinn and Dorne fans were done out of having their companion have their chosen customisations for the reunion (something the Devs are aware of and have said they will fix but still haven't. This has prevented many players from completing the Iokath story). Whilst there may be very little in the way of original romance interactions, at least (based on Charles Boyd's feedback) they realise that this is an important aspect of story game play for many. Hopefully there may be better things in the future.

That was why I said NONE ! A lot of folks who appreciate their companions are in the same boat !!

(EDIT: to clarify If this comes across wrong... I apologize. I agree with you.)

***sigh***

Maybe it'll get some attention one day … then kick in the light speed engines at take them all to a new level !!

Edited by OlBuzzard

Respectfully: NONE of the reunions were what I'd call "exciting". IMO.. the trooper reunion with Elara Dorne was really horrible. Even with the "perfect soldier" : If their relationship was worth $.10 she would have stopped everything going on in that room with a reaction to see her "Love" back in her arms. So much so that she would have been next to impossible to stop from a reunion that would have brought down the house. ( I could see Lana and Theron: … OK … Maybe we should get scarce for a few minutes … or longer" )

But there again.. the reality was: after 2 minutes (or less) … bricked ! DOA !

(Just my useless opinion)

You're not wrong and you won't get disagreement from me. When things are already so paltry, it's just that much worse when it's completely buggered up. You wait for years(almost a decade) for something, finally get it and it's broken. It's depressing.

Yup. The devs just don't seem to care enough to fix aspects of the game that are very important, like buggered up romances, so, sadly, I'm not holding out much hope. It's just one more hope dashed by Bioware. :(

You're not wrong and you won't get disagreement from me. When things are already so paltry, it's just that much worse when it's completely buggered up. You wait for years(almost a decade) for something, finally get it and it's broken. It's depressing.

IMO... it's situations like this that do more serious damage (that and ignoring the community suggestions and pleas ) that will do more damage than ALL of the outside (or inside) doomsayers combined !

***SIGH***

That said: let me hasten on to say that as a community MOST of us are still offering our support … hoping that understands that we are not trying to be bitter or unappreciative …. BUT there really are some things that really do need to be fixed properly.

IMO... it's situations like this that do more serious damage (that and ignoring the community suggestions and pleas ) that will do more damage than ALL of the outside (or inside) doomsayers combined !

***SIGH***

That said: let me hasten on to say that as a community MOST of us are still offering our support … hoping that understands that we are not trying to be bitter or unappreciative …. BUT there really are some things that really do need to be fixed properly.

I do agree with you (I'm sitting on characters that I can't progress due to broken romances). It's the lack of acknowledgement that really annoys me. If they can't fix all the problems we've reported with romances (or anything else), they should be honest and tell us. Ignoring the issues just leads to resentment & furious posts from affected players. Unfortunately, rarely tell us what the situation really is because so many people would un-sub if the problem that's ruining their game is not fixed (though where Iokath companion returns are concerned many have already gone).

At least now they are an equal opportunities offender with broken romances - I think there's something wrong with just about all the romances in the game now :rolleyes:

I do agree with you (I'm sitting on characters that I can't progress due to broken romances). It's the lack of acknowledgement that really annoys me. If they can't fix all the problems we've reported with romances (or anything else), they should be honest and tell us. Ignoring the issues just leads to resentment & furious posts from affected players. Unfortunately, rarely tell us what the situation really is because so many people would un-sub if the problem that's ruining their game is not fixed (though where Iokath companion returns are concerned many have already gone).

At least now they are an equal opportunities offender with broken romances - I think there's something wrong with just about all the romances in the game now :rolleyes:

So, I finally started JUS with my Koth romancing Warrior so I could continue the romance in Hearts and Minds. BOOM! Instead of being happily romanced he is now dead with no acknowledgement that he was my warrior's lover. I have been so gun shy taking characters through new content, but I just cant keep making new ones for new content. (For one I"m not going to buy more lvl 70 tokens!) I'm tired of being afraid to play my older characters in new content :mad:

I am disappointed my Sith Warrior couldn't get back together with Theron after becoming a widower. Interesting I had the option to finally kill Quinn for his betrayal, but I forgave him. My warrior is an Anti-Hero. He can do dark things, but he could easily become a Jedi if only they would try to redeem him already but alas that will never happen. Romancing Quinn would have been intriguing, but I'm glad to have him back as a Companion. He's my warrior's strongest one, though he's currently doing Iokath so the story keeps them apart for now.

My other Sith Warrior, currently doing the character arc, won't be so forgiving of Quinn. Theron he can forgive, because Theron was never a traitor. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :)

Edited by Hadsil

In case you missed it, here's what Charles Boyd had to say (TL;DR - start the Scourge romance at your own risk as they are not sure it's fixed):

Link: https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9820205&postcount=64

Farfarello tested it for us (see post here) and whilst the romance text is still messed up, the romance option does work in 6.1

though it's basically Scourge not coping with his emotions, so Knight asks him if he'd like to take a walk somewhere, nothing more.

No-one has attempted the Scourge romance from scratch (from when he returns in Onslaught) since the bug appeared though (or at least no-one has posted about it). Given Charles' post, it seems a big risk to try it, however I appreciate that he appreciates our in-game romance "obsessions" :D

Wow, talk about confusing and convoluted.

I can't imagine being a fan of a specific character, but then being told by the game's master developer to avoid initiating part of the game because of unknown bugs that seem impossible to fix with that favorite specific companion. That's embarrassing!

So, I finally started JUS with my Koth romancing Warrior so I could continue the romance in Hearts and Minds. BOOM! Instead of being happily romanced he is now dead with no acknowledgement that he was my warrior's lover. I have been so gun shy taking characters through new content, but I just cant keep making new ones for new content. (For one I"m not going to buy more lvl 70 tokens!) I'm tired of being afraid to play my older characters in new content :mad:

What? :eek: Weren't they supposed to have fixed that? I think I will leave my Koth romancer lying in the dust rather attempt this bollocks.

I can't imagine being a fan of a specific character, but then being told by the game's master developer to avoid initiating part of the game because of unknown bugs that seem impossible to fix with that favorite specific companion. That's embarrassing!

Indeed. I suspect most of the SWTOR player base is like you - no interest in or a fan of any specific character, so they don't think it matters. What they need to realise is the story/character fans are also the in-game GTN high rollers / high spenders because we buy everything to ensure our favourites have the best armours, weapons, dyes etc so they look good in the dozens of videos we make & screenshots we take (don't mock, we all need a hobby :p) as well as spending on boosts to retry different story responses with those characters/romances.

If they need hire someone to test all romances, I volunteer for the job! I suspect none of the devs have any interest in the in-game romances other than the writing/creative aspects, so have never played through any of them.

I'm serious, if they need someone to play through them all and feed back the bugs, I volunteer. For a fee ;)

Edited by Sarova

Indeed. I suspect most of the SWTOR player base is like you - no interest in or a fan of any specific character, so they don't think it matters.

I try to consider all facets of a MMO equally important when it comes to activities etc., because the big picture is every player is valuable because chances are they will influence others to play if something in the game is enjoyable.

For this reason, it's important in my mind that a game be varied in it's player types as well as what activities are available to players to be a part of. That means more types of people are touched, broadening the umbrella of playerbase which brings success to any game.

It's short-sighted to cast aside players just because they enjoy a facet of the game I do not. That's why I get so irritated by statements like "PVP kills PVE," or other nonsensical statements coming from someone with a very narrowminded perspective.

People are so selfish so it's no wonder they think this way. It's important to try not to think this way, though.

This was my last straw:

My name is Milind. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning missing Koth

I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

Thanks for replying. I checked it again and can confirm you there is no bug with any companion in the game.

Also, as I apprised you before once a companion is dead there is no way to get it back even from our end. We can help with missing companions however dead companion is something we don't have any option to recover back.

Sadly, I won't be able to restore Koth back.

Since all the required investigation has been for this issue, we would request you not to contact us again for the same concern as there are no options available with us for investigation and repetitive contacting will be considered as duplication of ticket and those tickets will be closed as duplicate.

Reconciliation:

reconciliation

[ˌrekənˌsilēˈāSH(ə)n]

NOUN

reconciliations (plural noun)

the restoration of friendly relations.

"his reconciliation with your uncle" · "the colonel was seeking a reconciliation with his wife"

synonyms:

reuniting · reunion · bringing (back) together (again) · conciliation · reconcilement · pacification · appeasement · placating · propitiation · mollification · resolution · settlement · rectification · settling · resolving · mending · remedying · restoration of friendly relations · restoration of harmony · agreement · compromise · understanding · peace · an end to hostilities · amity · concord · rapprochement · detente · fence-mending · harmonizing · harmonization · synthesis · squaring · adjustment · balancing · syncretization …

ALSO:

the action of making one view or belief compatible with another.

----------------------------

IMO the focus in this case would be to harmonize / adjust or "balance" all of the various stories with so many characters and their companions. So many players from the DS are busy killing off everything / everyone that they come in contact with that it's no surprise that these difficulties in bringing all of these stories together are difficult if not impossible.

That said: IMO the customer service should do a better job of responding to this issue.

IF there is an issue where KOTH (in this case) has been permanently written off and there is no way for CS to address this matter … then (IMO) that is what they should tell you.

I sincerely hope that this (and other similar ) story issues can someday be cleared up.

IF KOTH is dead … then that should be included in one of the updates similar to Hearts and Minds. BUT as of that segment KOTH is still alive (at least on all of my LS characters).

I know that this does not ease your mind for now. But for whatever it's worth this is one of the areas that (while some attempts have been made ) to clean up some of the loose ends some have been missed.

Companions in general still needs some work !

Edited by OlBuzzard

I sincerely hope that this (and other similar ) story issues can someday be cleared up.

IF KOTH is dead … then that should be included in one of the updates similar to Hearts and Minds. BUT as of that segment KOTH is still alive (at least on all of my LS characters).

I know that this does not ease your mind for now. But for whatever it's worth this is one of the areas that (while some attempts have been made ) to clean up some of the loose ends some have been missed.

Companions in general still needs some work !

If they ever get around to fixing all of the story flags that have gotten broken since JUS I'll probably re-sub. In the mean time, I'm done paying for such a buggy game.

My son decided to quit too. He's been upset that he lost him romance with Kira on his knight.

Edited by Damask_Rose

From what I can tell the Scourge romance bug happened to players who romanced him before Bioware did the patch that changed where he and Kira were listed under your contacts and companions listing. Something about moving them is what caused the bug to say you'd broken up, I'd guess. As someone else posted, I tested my Knight who had this bug in 6.1 and he still got the line with Scourge that counted as the 'romance' part. There's no actual 'flirt option', your Knight

just offers Scourge to go for a walk somewhere quiet at the end, you walk off together and fade to black.

I remade my Knight with a level 70 token not long after 6.1's releases and did the romance with Scourge again. It works just fine and he also got the same stuff as my 'bugged' Knight. (In fact I took him through 6.1 first before my 'bugged' Knight to compare what happened.) They both got the same thing and his romance status under Scourge's bio still says they're together. So as far as I can tell, if you've done the Scourge romance after they did the patch that changed his and Kira's locations under contacts, you should be fine.

If anything this 'bug' might just be similar to the bug Imperial's got a while back when they went Republic on Iokath. When they started Jedi Under Siege it said Malcom was also dead despite 6.0 and 6.1 correctly referring to Acina dead/Vowrawn Emperor, so i'm hoping it's just some weird bio glitch under Scourge's name like this and that the romance will continue as normal, which going by 6.1 seems to be the case hopefully. Still, would be nice to have the broken bio saying you'd split up get changed.

Edited by Farferello

6.1's releases and did the romance with Scourge again. It works just fine and he also got the same stuff as my 'bugged' Knight. (In fact I took him through 6.1 first before my 'bugged' Knight to compare what happened.) They both got the same thing and his romance status under Scourge's bio still says they're together. So as far as I can tell, if you've done the Scourge romance after they did the patch that changed his and Kira's locations under contacts, you should be fine.

If anything this 'bug' might just be similar to the bug Imperial's got a while back when they went Republic on Iokath. When they started Jedi Under Siege it said Malcom was also dead despite 6.0 and 6.1 correctly referring to Acina dead/Vowrawn Emperor, so i'm hoping it's just some weird bio glitch under Scourge's name like this and that the romance will continue as normal, which going by 6.1 seems to be the case hopefully. Still, would be nice to have the broken bio saying you'd split up get changed.

Bioware should pay you good money for testing this given what Charles Boyd posted (suggesting people don't start the Scourge romance because they weren't sure whether it would work). Thanks to you I can start my light side JK now :)

The companion bugs are pretty bad - I have Acina and Malcolm both alive and dead on my main Sith Sorcerer (who chose Acina's side in Iokath), Koth was in my cut scenes after he'd exiled himself from the alliance, Kaliyo is alive after I killed her. They've claimed to have fixed a number of companion bugs (particularly the Koth one Damask reported) but clearly it's still not working for her (Damask_Rose, you might want to PM Charles or Keith or Daniel the quote from CS that was completely wrong as I'm pretty sure they don't read most of whats in the main forums unless a thread flags up something they are tracking).

It's baffling how these bugs still happen and how Bioware just shrug over it, especially as they know how important companions are to people. I know back when JUS first came out Kaliyo appeared as alive/non exiled for several of my characters, Dramath showed under their contacts despite always freeing him, the Malcom and Acina both dead bug (which I believe my older characters still have them listed as such even though Vowrawn is correctly referred to as Emperor) When JUS first came out all of my Imperials lost access to Koth (had to get him back via terminal) and all my Warriors lost Quinn (no terminal available, had to wait three! months! to get him back) because the game was in some weird limbo where it both ignored and accepted my own player choices whilst also hitting me with default Imperial dark choices despite me having played through all the content.

It was pretty hellish and I had thought they'd fixed it all finally considering I don't have the Koth and Quinn bug anymore (Dramath still shows under my contacts for whatever reason) but apparently not from reading Damask's post. :(

...and all my Warriors lost Quinn (no terminal available, had to wait three! months! to get him back) because the game was in some weird limbo where it both ignored and accepted my own player choices whilst also hitting me with default Imperial dark choices despite me having played through all the content.

This alone was the last straw for many Quinnmancers resulting in almost everyone from the massive Quinn love thread unsubbing after tonnes of other things that went wrong (I'm looking at you Iokath companion return). I'm betting the Devs are glad that thread is lost to the depths of the forums, however I'm pretty sure it will be resurrected with a vengeance if they add a Quinn 1-on-1 like they did for Vector.

Maybe 2020 will be the year the recognise and resolve all the companion romance issues (active forumites stop laughing! You too lurkers :p)!

This alone was the last straw for many Quinnmancers resulting in almost everyone from the massive Quinn love thread unsubbing after tonnes of other things that went wrong (I'm looking at you Iokath companion return). I'm betting the Devs are glad that thread is lost to the depths of the forums, however I'm pretty sure it will be resurrected with a vengeance if they add a Quinn 1-on-1 like they did for Vector.

Maybe 2020 will be the year the recognise and resolve all the companion romance issues (active forumites stop laughing! You too lurkers :p)!

Yeah, it certainly soured my time with the game, I stopped using that Warrior as he only ever used Quinn when he returned during Iokath. I was so relieved when he finally got him back I gave Quinn a new outfit. :p Hoping that he'll get a one on one soon considering Elara did with 6.1 and hey, maybe they'll finally give him his intended bisexuality back considering voice lines existed for it. That specific Warrior has been pining for years. :o

But it would be nice for them to sort out the companion bugs, both romance and otherwise.

• 5 months later...

This should give you guys a laugh :(

Like most Scourge fans, I have waited since I started my JK at launch, to have a romance with Scourge. My JK did not even enter a romance with anyone else. I have patiently waited and waited, and WAITED for Scourge to be a RI, and then it happens aaaaand it's broken :confused:. So I waited for them to fix it. Once players stated they were able to enter the romance successfully, I jumped at the chance and logged in to finish the Onslaught campaign.

Lo and behold, I get to that critical point in the storyline and.....nothing happens? There should be a cutscene where you have the discussion with Scourge about how the curse is gone and his emotions have been returned - but I never even got that as an option (nor was there a "let's take a walk" scene).

Yet somehow - and this is the real kick in the face - when Doc returned (ugh, why?!) the game decides I had a romance with him?! WTAF? That NEVER happened because he disgusts me and I only ever used the cruelest conversation options and rejection, as far as he was concerned (never even used him unless storyline required it. He just rotted on my ship in utter ignoredom). So how did the game decide I was romancing him and ask about continuing a romance with him?! Of course I said "No", because what else could I do? I was stuck in a loop of the damn "continue/end romance" pop-ups. UGH, even the thought of a non-existent Doc romance grossed me out so badly, I had to go take a long hot shower LOL. So now, the companion window for Doc says 'despite our romantic history, I decided to end it with Doc'. GROSS.

So let's recount...no options for Scourge whatsoever. Yet I get a disgusting (lie of a) romance with Doc forced on me?I paid all these years, waiting for my fave companion, Scourge (even kept paying over months and months of not playing, just to help keep the game funded), to get forcefully romanced with the companion I HATE the most, despite all my efforts to avoid him? Oh the irony. Epic troll, Devs.

Submitted a ticket and was basically told they are working on it (same **** they've been saying, basically) and it would get fixed some day.

I have done everything I care to do in the game. The companions and storylines are what kept me subscribed above all else. IMHO what sets this game apart from all the others, is the companion system - it's really great. So it's really disappointing and frustrating that rather than playing on their strong point, they're ignoring it. Yet they waste time on coming up with new, random companions no one is invested in? Just fix the damn originals and focus on new content for them :mad:

I am finally cancelling my account. I just give up. Perhaps, if they ever do fix it, I will come back for my 5 minutes of closure with Scourge. But the way they treat the companion storylines (which are arguably one of the most enjoyable aspects of the game), leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Doubt I will ever sub full time again.

Good luck all. Hopefully, at least some of you will get closure on this mess...some day.