Companion weapons, Flashpoints, Mods.

Vego_Mohenjo

So, I'm back after another brief departure, and on my return I find myself wishing a few things were somewhat different. So, I have a few suggestions.

First, it would be nice if we could go back to giving our companions what weapons we want. This is especially so with the Jedi/Sith companions, who are all stuck using saberstaff (which I loathe). It would also allow us to use some of the weapon rewards we get that USED to be there for our companions, but which they can no longer use (eg. Qyzen used to use a techblade, and there are mission rewards that include Qyzen's various techblades... even though he can no longer use them!).

I see no functioal difference in what weapon the companions are using, so let us give them whichever weapon suits us (and them).

Second, I thought I'd go back and do the Flashpoints I'd skipped over as I was leveling. I went to where the courier droids were, who would send me to the Fleet to talk to Satele Shan... but they seem to be missing. I've no idea why, or what benefit could be had from removing them. In any case, I started queueing for Flashpoints... and waiting, and waiting, and waiting. I'm a healer, I wouldn't have expected to have to wait so long. Now, SOME of the Flashpoints have solo modes (eg. Taral V, Maelstrom Prison, etc.), and those I could do right away without having to wait unduly. My suggestion therefore is that you make solo (Story) versions of ALL the Flashpoints, so we can at least DO them, even if the rewards are lessened.

Third, I found myself acquiring this nifty Masterwork Force-Master gear. I equipped some, but duplicates were dropping. I decided to strip out the mods and upgrade my Lightsaber. It was VERY expensive to strip out the mods, and then when I went to put them in the Saber, it said I wasn't allowed to, the mods were only useful in the gear they came from. What then is the point of making them mods? Why would they be removable at all? More, why is there no warning that the mods can't be used in any other gear? At the very least, there should be some warning, or the mods should be unremovable. Ideally, I'd like to be able to USE them in other gear.

I'd have other suggestions, and have posted them in years past, but these are new things I've been thinking about since my return. I hope the devs might consider implementing these changes.

You can use the mod-objects in other gear. You can't use them in different *slots*. (If it comes out of a helmet, it has to go in a helmet, etc.) That allows you to put the mod-objects from a Masterwork sabre in a CM or other moddable sabre of your choice, for aesthetic purposes.

And yes, the slot-locking of those mod-objects did attract some ... adverse comment, let's say, when they were released.