I love the new gearing system

Tslok

Yes! I'm playing since 2012 and for the first time am i able to really enjoy the whole end game content ,I have all of my alts in 306 and i am working at getting the set bonus for few more adv classes (have them all).

I know it's rng but i just love it the way it is.

Oh btw i have all crafters also but's another story that need to be fixed !

Anyway thanks BW for that xpansion !

Yes! I'm playing since 2012 and for the first time am i able to really enjoy the whole end game content ,I have all of my alts in 306 and i am working at getting the set bonus for few more adv classes (have them all).

My problem with the new gearing system is two-fold:

1) It goes so fast I have all my 10 toons in 306 gear and tomorrow the last one will also have all set bonuses sorted. Then what?

2) Because you gear up so fast you also realise quickly that doing harder content isn't rewarding at all because there is no better loot to get there. So it's actually harder to find ops groups. This is in part also because of the new GF set up but SM is so laughably easy when gear but then there is no reason for people to do harder content except for the sake of it.

So it's been fun so far I agree, but I think that I'll just stick around for life day and getting my augments sorted after the next patch and then I'm done. I guess I can then take another break till the next expansion or something. There's just nothing to shoot for anymore because as I said I'm all geared up in about a month and there is no more gear progression for harder modes.

The best thing is that all the stuff isn't bound, but bound to legacy, which makes it very handy to gear up your alts.

And you can toggle so you get Tank-gear when in dps-stance and vice versa as well.

Well for PvPers you can’t really gear. To get a gear box you have to win the match (not so much a problem). In 306 gear you open said box and it gives you 292-302 gear..... It doesn’t drop gear to your level like everything else does.

But on the whole this is a much better system then we have ever had. (Cept PvP warzone comms to gear) It’s pretty enjoyable.

Glad you made this thread because I felt the same but didn't feel the opinion was wanted in the earlier threads that said the opposite.

The legacy part is insanely good. Hit 75 and there is a treasure trove of enhancements, mods, armorings awaiting you in the legacy bank. I'm slowly throwing those 5.0 legacy shells away (at least the ugly ones).

Back in vanilla swtor gear required much more of a grind and we only had maybe 2-3 Rakata/Black Hole geared alts back then. I do miss having to do harder and harder content to get the best gear. The people I met from those Operations far exceeded the casual conquest ones of today.