So, just to make sure I understand....

squirk

I just logged in for the first time since 6.0 was released.

Prior to today, I had been grinding on Ossus to get all 258 Masterwork gear. I had Masterwork pieces for everything except my main and offhand weapons, which were still "Experimental Ossan" yadda-yadda, and I was in the process of collecting Masterwork and Monumental Data Crystals to upgrade said weapons.

Am I to understand that, now, I should just scrap all that, and run to the Onslaught content, whereby at L75, I'll get all 268-level gear anyway?

Just want to make sure that there's no need for me to hang around Ossus and grind for either type of Data Crystal anymore.

Please and thank you!

I just logged in for the first time since 6.0 was released.

Prior to today, I had been grinding on Ossus to get all 258 Masterwork gear. I had Masterwork pieces for everything except my main and offhand weapons, which were still "Experimental Ossan" yadda-yadda, and I was in the process of collecting Masterwork and Monumental Data Crystals to upgrade said weapons.

Am I to understand that, now, I should just scrap all that, and run to the Onslaught content, whereby at L75, I'll get all 268-level gear anyway?

Just want to make sure that there's no need for me to hang around Ossus and grind for either type of Data Crystal anymore.

Please and thank you!

Yep, Ossus gears are upgraded with 6.0.

Just to add to this--that 252 and 258 gear you worked so hard for now drops in FPs and elsewhere while you're going from 70-75. Some people use it, some trash it. I see people trying to sell the 258 on the GTN for some reason.

they are hoping to catch the 'less diligent' members of our community, and scam some creds out of them ;)

Yep, instead of grinding Ossus you will now spend the next 3-4 months running Hammer Station.

HAMMER TIME!

I have done a good amount of FPs for almost two weeks and have 8/9 characters in 306 gear and the last one is at rating 305.

Not sure why people think it takes months. I also have set bonuses on 4 of them and I find that operations are my preferred way of getting the tech fragments needed for set bonus pieces.

So if you want to do HS for 4 months be my guest, but I don't see the point in that really.

Yes, sadly thats how it goes in MMOs. Its actually quite easy to get gear, but yes, you have to run Hammer station or Red Reaper Flashpoints on Master mode. The reason is that those are the fastest to complete and you will be getting gear drops based on your current gear rating. So always put on the highest rating you have to make sure that you are getting best drops.

When you reach 306 gear you will be optimizing also you need to assemble Tech Fragments and use them to buy set bonus gear from the vendors on fleet for you class.

Thanks, all. I still don't really understand the new gear system. I mean, I get what it's doing, but I am not sure what path I (Concealment Operative) should be taking to max out my gear.

Do I really need to worry about Tech Fragments now, or is it better to just wait until I hit 75 and get the new gear before I start focusing on that stuff?

Thanks, all. I still don't really understand the new gear system. I mean, I get what it's doing, but I am not sure what path I (Concealment Operative) should be taking to max out my gear.

Do I really need to worry about Tech Fragments now, or is it better to just wait until I hit 75 and get the new gear before I start focusing on that stuff?

You can use tech fragments to buy "random" gear pieces as you level. You don't want to waste them, of course, but it can make a big difference to upgrade your lowest pieces so that you can raise your total item rating.

For example, if all of your gear is 282, except you still have a 278 relic and belt, it's worth it to buy a relic and belt off the vendor for tech frags. If you want to reach 306 (max iLevel) as quickly as possible, that is.

Also, you may want to purchase set bonus pieces for your class if you reach the 5,000 tech fragment limit (as long as you have the 1,000,000 credits needed to purchase, of course). That way you don't waste tech frags.