Checking In!

KeithKanneg

Quite frankly, I hope BW gives the lot of you infractions for at least a month.

We finally get a reply from Keith and many of you have spent the last umpteen pages debating the meta about what type of feedback is valuable. And that's not even counting the posts that were deleted.

Back on topic...the following post is brilliant because it deals with specific, actionable items. Naturally, it was from me. But I'll be damned if my post is going to get lost in a sea of mediocre, inane babble about what type of feedback is good. One can disagree with my feedback, but spare me the meta of ...Dasty is a White Knight, Dasty is Grey Knight, Dasty is Nasty (though the latter is true). :rak_03:

Pox on many of your houses,

Dasty

Oh but Dasty, you know we can't have nice things! Because when Keith doesn't communicate, it's bad. But when Keith does communicate, it's also bad. Posters scream for more communication all the time and when they do get communication, they're flaming it down with insults and overall poor behaviour. Sadly, it's always been like this.

Now, to stay on topic, as to your points made in the earlier post you wrote:

Keith,

Great to hear from you. One of the things I appreciate about your posts is that it is clear you play the game. You understand, as many of us do, that crafting needs changes. I appreciate you telling us that changes are forthcoming.

For me, the other changes I care about are more QoL changes.

1) Tech Fragment Cap.

I believe you that you have multiple characters at 75. So do I. (I'm guessing you have the power to check!) We both know there is an easy way to avoid the TF cap by storing gear on an alt to take advantage of the 2 hour Kai Zykken window. It's annoying.

The cap should be raised. It exists only in theory and makes us in practice waste time to avoid it.

2) Amplifiers

There are games we can play here too to get what we want and minimize the cost. It's annoying.

3) Level Lock / Stat Capping

I understand that retuning every encounter up to level 75 is a pretty big undertaking. But you metaphorically brought a nuke to a gun fight. You did some retuning on the PTS. I think a bit more is needed here. By definition, you are asking players to acquire two different sets of BiS gear. It's annoying.

Please don't take this as a negative -- I love this game -- in fact, I'm about to buy some more CCs now. Presumably you can check how much I've played since Oct. 22. That should indicate my level of happiness.

Many thanks for the feedback. Oh, and crafting sucks right now! But you already know that. :rak_04:

Cheers,

Dasty

I very much agree with the tech fragments cap, it's absolutely unnecessary to keep it as low as it is. Bumping it up to 10.000 would already be a nice start, but I'd much rather see something along the range of 50.000.

Anything that makes Amplifiers more useful or less tedious to get is fine with me as well. Although I haven't really encountered any issues with these for now. What I do find annoying is the Recalibrate thing on those extra percentages we get on gear pieces. The RNG element of it is absolutely unnecessary and just serves as a giant credit drain. We should be able to choose what boost we want and Recalibrate it only once, not having to cycle a gazillion times until we get something we like.

As to the level lock, I can't say anything meaningful about that as I have little experience with it. I'll let someone more knowledgeable be the judge of that part :)

Edited by Ylliarus

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure Dasty wasn't making jabs at anyone who feels critical of the update. Only those who've made 10-15+ posts in this thread for the sole purpose of arguing each other and everyone else's opinion, both good and bad, all the while advocating positivity without realizing their constant "yes but" is actually turning the debate in a negative direction. Edited by JennyFlynn

Pretty sure Dasty wasn't making jabs at anyone who feels critical of the update. Only those who've made 10-15+ posts in this thread for the sole purpose of arguing each other and everyone else's opinion, both good and bad, all the while advocating positivity without realizing their constant "yes but" is actually turning the debate in a negative direction.

Don't be so salty. And no one was making jabs at anyone who feels critical of the update. The jabs were at people who tried force others to hold the same opinion as theirs or else face belittlement.

Quite the difference there. :rak_03:

Yeah,

I'm done with this thread.

You two both managed to derail the thread again. And, yes, Ylliarus, I'm including you.

Dasty

Meh, usually any thread that goes 20+ pages gets derailed at some point. Law of the internet.

I tend not to let it bother me anymore.

Pretty sure Dasty wasn't making jabs at anyone who feels critical of the update. Only those who've made 10-15+ posts in this thread for the sole purpose of arguing each other and everyone else's opinion, both good and bad, all the while advocating positivity without realizing their constant "yes but" is actually turning the debate in a negative direction.

/agreed.

Don't make me laugh. Since when playing anything in a game is to be considered special? It's a standard service. Benefiting from the gearing system? Sure, unless you play warzones or want to craft. Furthermore, praising this gear system is quite irritating considering it is inferior in every aspect compared to the 4.x era. Creating something better than 5.x is not an achivement.

Exactly.

Sorry Keith...you made great strides for PvP in previous updates, but this expansion has been an ishshow. Nothing but T1 garbage drops in PvP no matter your Item Gear Rating AND crafting is broken. Came back for a few days and I'm already unsubbed. Sorry, can't play the way I want, PvP and gear alts, so I'm done.

Best of luck to you.

That is what I mean about you contradicting yourself. You say one thing and then another. How can you find something tedious and wanting improvements and then go on to say "I haven't really encountered any issues with these for now"? :rod_confused_g: Then you go on to say "What I do find annoying is ---"

So what is it?

About the AMPs. The RNG element exists for that very reason. A credit sink which is somewhat needed. What we don't need is the price going up every time you roll. But what do I know...

I need a drink....

There are a number of things that I find a bit tedious or annoying that I don't describe as an issue because to me for it to be an issue it's something more serious. If I can handle it, it may be annoying but then I accept that as part of the deal. Then it's not an issue for me.

So from my point of view finding something annoying does NOT equate to being an issue automatically and therefore they do not by themselves contradict each other.

Yeah,

I'm done with this thread.

You two both managed to derail the thread again. And, yes, Ylliarus, I'm including you.

Dasty

Sure, go ahead and include me, but I tried to bring the thread back on rails multiple times this time. Sadly, others kept insisting on continuing their previous line of posting instead of dropping the subject. Don't blame me for their choice to do so, because I am thoroughly done with this thread myself, despite my initial happiness that Keith had reached out to us again.

Edited by CommunityDroidEU

---

[*]Crafting changes – it begins! Yes, we’re taking a hard look at crafting and will make some adjustments starting with this patch.

Keith

So Crafting stays useless till 2020?

Edited by fhwi

Pleased? Almost every bug you launched with was clearly identified on the test server, most of them are simple database fixes AND you took an extra month for something which most people would not call an "expansion"

The next patch is addressing things clearly identified on test and was ignored so who cares about you deploying 6.1 to test because Bioware clearly doesnt care about issues and feedback from testers.

I would suggest instead of this banal "everything is fantastic" joke of a post you identify and own up to glaring flaws and show a little humility, something like "It didnt go as smoothly as we had hoped, we were unable to allocate resources to squash the myriad of blatent bugs before launch" would go down much better than self congratulatory dross like "We are extremely pleased with the launch of the expansion"

If you were truly pleased with the launch of onslaught I would hate to see how low the bar was because in any other industry you wouldnt get away with the poor quality mess you made, like having to CHANGE abilities because you cant fix them to how they used to work due to whatever code changes you made for "onslaught" like on the perk interloper.

This ^

It literally counterproductive to have so many testers report only for vast majority of it to be thrown in the trash compactor. Maybe if those "negative" testers included a bunch of happy smileys while saying "thank you" and "excuse me" in every sentence they wouldn't discard them.

Nothing improves with "yes sir, yes sir, three bags full sir".

Good luck to them in Dec. They'll need it.

Ah, let me tell you here what happened, because it's very easy: I confused Amplifiers with Tacticals. Yes, both are still new to the game and confusion can happen. I thought Dasty was talking about Tacticals acquisition when they mentioned Amplifiers, so when I said "I have no problem with them" I meant that I had no problem with Tacticals. When I started to talk about Amplifiers and their RNG element, their name had briefly slipped my mind because I thought Tacticals were named Amplifiers, hence why it might have seemed as if I had contradicted myself. But rest assured, it was all because of a confusion between Tacticals and Amplifiers.

Sure, go ahead and include me, but I tried to bring the thread back on rails multiple times this time. Sadly, others kept insisting on continuing their previous line of posting instead of dropping the subject. Don't blame me for their choice to do so, because I am thoroughly done with this thread myself, despite my initial happiness that Keith had reached out to us again.

I believe that. This entire thread is one big confusion. One minute you say one thing and then another. It is a wonder anything gets fixed in SWTOR. I can only imagine what the Bug thread section of the forum is like.

What could they do easily? Not much. Crafting will require more work put in. They can't just flip a switch and boom, crafting's fixed.

Yeah... if only they could flip a switch as easily as this week's patch to remove the ability to refund shells.... :rolleyes: They can't make such rash decisions Zion! It is hard work to listen and communicate with the players on all gameplay related changes 👏👏👏👏👏

Edited by DarkEcIipse

What could they do easily? Not much. Crafting will require more work put in. They can't just flip a switch and boom, crafting's fixed.

To be honest, with the current mess Crafting is in, an approach with as much time devoted to it as possible is probably a better road to walk instead of a short term solution. Because, if crafting is to be fixed it should be a lasting solution. Although, I don't see why we can't just return to how things used to be. Reverting Crafting to how it used to be prior to Onslaught but just with the added stuff from the new expansion is easiest, I think. Unless the devs have come up with an exceptionally well thought out alternative to the Crafting debacle, then perhaps that might be a better solution.

But yes, as you said Zion, it requires a lot of work and frankly, I'd prefer the devs to take the time to fix this properly and not do this hastily.

• 3 weeks later...

Really looking forward to seeing what's to come for SW:TOR and Onslaught.

Updating the lightsaber crystals to 306 would be amazing though, especially those

unlocked and on sale in the cartel market.

Looks like a Febraury release for Onslaught Ch.2 then?

It's a long wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Looks like a Febraury release for Onslaught Ch.2 then?

It's a long wait, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Chapter 2? I don't think there will be a Chapter 2 of Onslaught, it was marketed and released as a full-story expansion. The chapter release system was abandoned after KotET. We'll likely get a new story update in early 2020, but while it will continue the story started in Onslaught, it won't be a chapter 2 of the expansion. It'll likely be a story update like Umbara, Copero or Nathema, in other words, its own story continuation.

Edited by Ylliarus

Chapter 2? I don't think there will be a Chapter 2 of Onslaught, it was marketed and released as a full-story expansion. The chapter release system was abandoned after KotET. We'll likely get a new story update in early 2020, but while it will continue the story started in Onslaught, it won't be a chapter 2 of the expansion. It'll likely be a story update like Umbara, Copero or Nathema, in other words, its own story continuation.

I really hope they stop doing the story via FPs. If there's anything this games has a ton of it's FPs and I really prefer the approach of Onderon and Mek-Sha. Whether it's called a chapter is really beside the point for me. Especially Copero and Nathema should've been explorable areas with multiple activities...like Ossus for example. Ok the uber gear was a mistake but beyond that Ossus was really a positive.

I've actually done the Onslaught story on all my alts. That is saying something. If they go back to this BS set up with delivering story via FPs that will stop again instantly. It's a one-size-fits-all approach that actually doesn't deliver.

I really hope they stop doing the story via FPs. If there's anything this games has a ton of it's FPs and I really prefer the approach of Onderon and Mek-Sha. Whether it's called a chapter is really beside the point for me. Especially Copero and Nathema should've been explorable areas with multiple activities...like Ossus for example. Ok the uber gear was a mistake but beyond that Ossus was really a positive.

I've actually done the Onslaught story on all my alts. That is saying something. If they go back to this BS set up with delivering story via FPs that will stop again instantly. It's a one-size-fits-all approach that actually doesn't deliver.

I fully agree with that.

I'd also prefer the Onderon / Mek-sha approach as if you don't have the time to do everything at once, you can come back later, which is not possible with FP.

About Copero, i'd really like if we could go back there for story purpose and then explore and not just have the FP, it's really a shame to have such a beautiful world and just see a very tiny portion of it that is tainted by all these stupid mobs shouting 'For House Inrokini" every 10 seconds :(

I fully agree with that.

I'd also prefer the Onderon / Mek-sha approach as if you don't have the time to do everything at once, you can come back later, which is not possible with FP.

About Copero, i'd really like if we could go back there for story purpose and then explore and not just have the FP, it's really a shame to have such a beautiful world and just see a very tiny portion of it that is tainted by all these stupid mobs shouting 'For House Inrokini" every 10 seconds :(

/agreed.

I fully agree with you, the way Onderon and Mek-Sha were handled hit the mark just right with me. You can roam these worlds, revisit them, redo content there and generally just explore them. This is one of the things I hate about Copero, Umbara and Nathema, you can't revisit them. So absolutely, the approach should be like with Onderon and Mek-Sha.

Updating the lightsaber crystals to 306 would be amazing though, especially those

Unless the devs change their stance on that, it won't happen. The previous dev teams stated that it was a mistake to put stat numbers on crystals in the first place. Though i'm sure they weren't upset by the players spending cartel coins on them.

Unless the devs change their stance on that, it won't happen. The previous dev teams stated that it was a mistake to put stat numbers on crystals in the first place. Though i'm sure they weren't upset by the players spending cartel coins on them.

Yeah but people would buy them off the CM without stats, too. Just for rare/nice colors.

The stats were easily gotten in game with crafting and such so it wasn't a big deal. Yeah it was a mistake and it would've been better to remove stats from the crystal because they aren't that significant.

Of course they did sell the different variants as in different stats (crit, endurance, mastery, power) and that's kinda where the problem is. That's where your point about them not minding to buy them is mostly relevant. It's also the reason why they can't take em off without upsetting people who dished out gold or many credits to get the different stat variant.

Of course in 6.0 the stats are laughable cause +41 is really not much by comparison at all. But it's still a number so people will get upset if they take it away. Upping the stats doesn't help much either though but at least it won't upset anyone lol. Of course if they did make the stats signifcant again we might get crystals with alacrity and shield etc. as well...then they can even sell us more variants, so be careful what you ask for I say lol.

I wholeheartedly agree! Real planets that you can log off on and not lose progress are much better vehicles for story than hybrid story/flashpoints.

If I could skip FE/ET but make my own choices instead of being saddled with default faction choices, I'd do that in a heart beat for most of my characters. Well, I'd also want them to fix the rest of the companion bugs with Ossus first too. I'm tired of submitting requests to have companions returned to me. I've pretty much given up hope on that score though. It seems like if a bug survives for more than a few months it will never get fixed.