Checking In!

KeithKanneg

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m spending time changing stats of individual items, playing around with amplifiers, and seeing what changes will make me feel OP.

U do realise that changing stats of individual items is next to pointless for the most part? Cause u know... level lock. When r u guys raising all PVE instanced content (operations, fps) to 75?

Edited by Benirons

I may disagree with you, I am certainly in disagreement with Zion on some issues; but that does not mean I wish ill of, or for, either of you.

I am significantly unhappy with the direction the game has taken with 6.0; and the "leadership" decisions that turned it in that direction. But that does not mean I wish ill of, or for, the game or the people who made those decisions.

I would love this game to reach even half of its potential, it it managed even that it could well be right up there with the best of the genre.

I say "All The Best" because I mean it - I do wish all of you "All The Best", I can't conceive of wishing someone I have only interacted with over the internet any ill-will, that just isn't in me.

If I added to my sig it would require no conscious effort from me, and would therefore be meaningless.

For the record, where I am from "All The Best" is something you'd say to a friend, or acquaintance as you were leaving their presence. Something that sort of encapsulates both "goodbye for now" and "take care" at the same time.

All The Best

I want you to know, I respect your right and opinion to be significantly unhappy with the direction of the game. I've been there myself in the past.

But that doesn't mean you get to launch personal attacks on those who disagree or are having a different experience than you are.

Keep in mind, like you, I've been here since the begining. Like you are doing now, I stone-cold left for a year because I hated the direction the game was going and more importantly, how the player base was treated. In our disagreements, you have said nothing new that I hadn't said or felt before I took that year off, and I never planned to come back.

But for me, and what I want out of the game, Keith earned my dollar back. And it IS true for others too. That in no way negates your opinion or feelings. Different people want different things and have different expectations. it is entirely possible that the things that I enjoy are different than the things you enjoy where I am seeing a lot of people, it is in those areas that I like to play and the areas you like to play there are no people in those areas.

We can have our different points of view. and you certainly don't need to try to justify your opinion by claiming Doom for the game. From where this launched at, we both can agree it's severely underperformed and much of that was because of BioWare's business model of allowing people to leave and not having sustainable content ready.

We simply differ at this point in time now. In your mind bioware is still spiraling down where as what brought me back and made me renew my subscription was signs of Life and Keith doing things in a way previous BioWare heads never had.

At this point, I want too see where it goes. You want out. And I mean this sincerely: do you. It's cool. Just don't get bent out of shape if someone is having a different take or experience than you are, otherwise it just comes off as bitter.

Be well man.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

I want you to know, I respect your right and opinion to be significantly unhappy with the direction of the game. I've been there myself in the past.

But that doesn't mean you get to launch personal attacks on those who disagree or are having a different experience than you are.

Be well man.

I get you want and enjoy different things from the game than I do.

I'm happy that some people are seeing "their thing" given some love in 6.0 - as a Solo/Story player I can freely admit the FP/OP/Group players have been stiffed for a long time.

But I just don't get the need to up the difficulty of the Solo / Story part of the game to make the Ops/FP/Group players happy. That makes no sense to me.

Surely Bioware keep more people happy by leaving Story/Solo and even 2+Heroics as they are, and then increasing the technical / skill difficulty of Ops and FPs.

Surely that keeps both group happier than they are now.

Yeah, I am sorry for the personal jibe - uncalled for, and in many ways counter-productive. It widens the gulf between player-camps, and a united playerbase is better for the game overall.

But I have to say, even talking to people in-game outside of my normal playing circles I just don't see the uptick you are referring to, which is why I questioned the rationale behind you making that claim.

I really would love this game to flourish, I have spent more money and time in SWTOR than all the other MMORPGs I have played combined.

I genuinely do not see this new direction being the route to that flourishing though. I've seen loads of old friends come back, play through the story once and decide the Gear and Crafting Grind are not justifiable in any way, and I find myself agreeing with them.

All The Best

DarthSpuds has ALWAYS been this way, and he has always posted in this style.

People are behaving like a bunch of cupcakes. It's not like he is being critical of anything that is relevant in the big picture. Let's put this in perspective, he is criticizing a game that is played for entertainment, for fun. Judging by comments, I'd thought he was attacking people's mothers or their lifestyles etc., but no... just a game.

Interesting, very interesting. So, it's okay to be passionate as long as it's a critical opinion of the game, Bioware or the devs?

Anyone should have the right to leave the game because they are unhappy with it. Everyone should also have the right to express this on the forums, to make their dissatisfaction known. However, I find it only fair that, if my positive attitude towards the game is criticized when I defend it in a sometimes too passionate way, a passionate criticism also should receive the same attitude. Because now I am discerning a discrepancy, that when someone says something critical in a very emotional and passionate way, that it's acceptable and supported. But an equally passionate defense of something is immediately criticized and seen as something bad, ridiculed even.

I'm not trying to start anything here, of course, I just wanted to calmly point out the discrepancy in attitudes that I have seen and experienced.

Edited by Ylliarus

I get you want and enjoy different things from the game than I do.

I'm happy that some people are seeing "their thing" given some love in 6.0 - as a Solo/Story player I can freely admit the FP/OP/Group players have been stiffed for a long time.

But I just don't get the need to up the difficulty of the Solo / Story part of the game to make the Ops/FP/Group players happy. That makes no sense to me.

Surely Bioware keep more people happy by leaving Story/Solo and even 2+Heroics as they are, and then increasing the technical / skill difficulty of Ops and FPs.

Surely that keeps both group happier than they are now.

Yeah, I am sorry for the personal jibe - uncalled for, and in many ways counter-productive. It widens the gulf between player-camps, and a united playerbase is better for the game overall.

But I have to say, even talking to people in-game outside of my normal playing circles I just don't see the uptick you are referring to, which is why I questioned the rationale behind you making that claim.

I really would love this game to flourish, I have spent more money and time in SWTOR than all the other MMORPGs I have played combined.

I genuinely do not see this new direction being the route to that flourishing though. I've seen loads of old friends come back, play through the story once and decide the Gear and Crafting Grind are not justifiable in any way, and I find myself agreeing with them.

All The Best

Ok, see, NOW I feel like we can really converse on this. I get where you are coming from, I really do.

And I actually DO see a spot for solo play in the game, but I don't think it can ever be almost the whole game like it used to be, because believe it or not, catering to that was part of the reason why those 200 full servers you previously mentioned are now down to 5 (granted, not the only reason, and not all of them are negative - the tech they introduced to allow more instances per server is a good example).

It can suck, but if the game means that much, sometimes the best thing you can do is read the tea leaves, take the "L", and figure out "Ok, so going forward, it looks like they are going in another direction - is there a way to salvage some of what I want to keep me around?" And start making those suggestions.

I already actually have ideas along those lines, as for solo players, right now it really is Dailies, Heroics, and the Eternal Championship as the Operations version of solo play.

So why not allow story to provide what it does, Heroics to drop tech fragments (if the developers are leery about doing it per mission, do a "Weekly" heroic mission per planet that rewards tech frags for clearing all of a planet's heroics, as well as 1 gearbox per planet weekly), and for the Eternal Championship, treat that like Operations, and make it so that the further you get, the more tech frags you get, the more gear you get, and it also increases the % chance of a tactical or set piece dropping.

And then to further support solo play, come up with another round of 10 competitors to test against, and randomize who the player goes against at each level of progression. Eventually if you add a 3rd round of 10 competitors, it should provide enough variety for the solo player that on each level, he or she could be going up against 1 of 3 competitors so that they won't get bored.

Add a QT terminal to the Eternal Championship and back to fleet, and I think for solo play you really have something strong and viable there, and also something that would give the player a challenge worthy of needing the upper tiers of gear other than for the OCD nature of having it.

But those are just some of my ideas. The point I was trying to get across before is that people have become way too tribal over how SWTOR needs to be, either all in on one thing or the opposite, and this in the past wasn't helped because the devs treated it exactly like that (rumor was because they never wanted to make an MMO in the first place - they wanted a Single Player game with some online elements). Now that the game is being treated like a proper MMO again, it absolutely is big enough to cater to all styles of play - just not all styles in all things.

My hope is they do listen somewhat to the solo players and give them some things to do - just not at the expense of the group players. Which as I just said, has in the past has always been BioWare's issue, is not finding that middle ground...

Interesting, very interesting. So, it's okay to be passionate as long as it's a critical opinion of the game, Bioware or the devs?

Anyone should have the right to leave the game because they are unhappy with it. Everyone should also have the right to express this on the forums, to make their dissatisfaction known. However, I find it only fair that, if my positive attitude towards the game is criticized when I defend it in a sometimes too passionate way, a passionate criticism also should receive the same attitude. Because now I am discerning a discrepancy, that when someone says something critical in a very emotional and passionate way, that it's acceptable and supported. But an equally passionate defense of something is immediately criticized and seen as something bad, ridiculed even.

I'm not trying to start anything here, of course, I just wanted to calmly point out the discrepancy in attitudes that I have seen and experienced.

Actually, look at Spud's post above yours. Its a mea culpa of sorts on what you just touched on, and given that, I think at this point he deserves to be cut a little slack.

Actually, look at Spud's post above yours. Its a mea culpa of sorts on what you just touched on, and given that, I think at this point he deserves to be cut a little slack.

Of course, of course, my own post was posted just after Spud's and I hadn't seen it before I posted mine. But, it still rings true in a general sense I believe. As I have seen negative/critical opinions - even those really passionate ones - receive praise, while the positive defenses of something (the justified ones, mind you) were torn down either way.

Yet I agree and I am glad to see Spud made that post. I have experienced passionate emotions regarding SWTOR myself a lot as well, so I can get the feeling even though my attitude towards the game is a rather positive one. The game's forums need both critical and positive people, to keep things in balance.

1) My sub is cancelled, I am able to log in for as long as there is time remaining on the Sub. I'll exercise my ability to comment on the appalling state of this game for as long as I can.

Fair enough. I did as much in the past for all the good it did me.

2) I am not playing the game. Ran my 4 main toons through the new content, saw how grindy and RNG dependent it was, saw how badly broken crafting was, and have not logged in since.

Well, my grind is pretty much done. Have all 9 toons in 306 gear and over half in full set bonuses. So is that grindy? For me not so much. The RNG is a bit of a thing but you get enough to counter that so it hasn't really caused much of an issue at all. But because I got through it so quickly I am worrying about what's next...after 3 weeks.

Crafting definitely is a problem. They are going to fix a lot about that as per Eric's post from today. I still see a lack of scope for endgame crafting though because there are essentially stims and augments and that's about it.

3) It's not about "listening to me" - it's about "listening to players LIKE me" who are leaving the game over where it is heading. This game once had over 100 Servers just in the US, it had a similar amount in Europe and the Rest Of The World. It now has five, TOTAL! How long are you and others like going to keep on pretending that is not a bad sign?

This is rather disingenuous of you. The game had over 200 servers at launch worldwide and this was reduced to 30 something in the first year. You can't possibly link what happened then to the issues we are discussing today. That makes zero sense. The more recent server merges are more relevant but the game has changed direction since then and so even there I feel it's not an argument you can wield to make your point.

And of course it was a bad sign that's down to five, but you know what I've seen that I have not seen in years? FOUR instances of the Imperial Fleet. So as much as I agree on some points that there are concerns, there were concerns before and some good things have happened as well.

But what I do worry about, as mentioned, is how quick you go through the gear grind to get to BiS and what that means for the near future when more and more people realise they're done gearing. For me this is already a thing now. I'm really wondering what I'll have to work towards in January. That's not so far away in the end. I can probably make a couple of alts and do the new ops in Harder Modes for kicks (cause you don't get better gear apparently) but that's not going to last that long either.

That's what worries me more than anything because what took months and months before, you can now do in a few weeks. Not sure how that's going to work out.

Fair enough. I did as much in the past for all the good it did me.

Well, my grind is pretty much done. Have all 9 toons in 306 gear and over half in full set bonuses. So is that grindy? For me not so much. The RNG is a bit of a thing but you get enough to counter that so it hasn't really caused much of an issue at all. But because I got through it so quickly I am worrying about what's next...after 3 weeks.

Crafting definitely is a problem. They are going to fix a lot about that as per Eric's post from today. I still see a lack of scope for endgame crafting though because there are essentially stims and augments and that's about it.

This is rather disingenuous of you. The game had over 200 servers at launch worldwide and this was reduced to 30 something in the first year. You can't possibly link what happened then to the issues we are discussing today. That makes zero sense. The more recent server merges are more relevant but the game has changed direction since then and so even there I feel it's not an argument you can wield to make your point.

And of course it was a bad sign that's down to five, but you know what I've seen that I have not seen in years? FOUR instances of the Imperial Fleet. So as much as I agree on some points that there are concerns, there were concerns before and some good things have happened as well.

But what I do worry about, as mentioned, is how quick you go through the gear grind to get to BiS and what that means for the near future when more and more people realise they're done gearing. For me this is already a thing now. I'm really wondering what I'll have to work towards in January. That's not so far away in the end. I can probably make a couple of alts and do the new ops in Harder Modes for kicks (cause you don't get better gear apparently) but that's not going to last that long either.

That's what worries me more than anything because what took months and months before, you can now do in a few weeks. Not sure how that's going to work out.

I didn't want to get into it at the time, but I have seen the multiple instances on fleet as well, and not just right after launch, but as of last weekend.

It's why I am trying to tell people that it IS possible for the game to be resurging, AND also be letting down the solo players. And the most vocal critics appear to be the solo players - I rarely hear a peep from people here for story and grouping on something that isn't crafting (which I am 100% in agreement with the critics on).

If we're ever going to get something positive out of this though, the critics have to get out of their own way with the "I don't like the direction, and therefore the game is going to fail" mentality. The cold hard truth is the game might not NEED solo players to be successful, and in fact over-catering to them may have indeed been part of the reason why the game failed so spectacularly with 5.0. With a return to group play and story most of the people who left after 5.0 wanted, many appear to be back.

But that also doesn't mean solo players should be left out in the cold either. While in my opinion, the moves made are what's best for the game (I just finished gearing one toon of 48, and am using him to gear my other toons that are at 75 at the moment), that doesn't mean there can't be something for solo players as well.

I made a suggestion along those lines a couple posts ago. I think there is room for both play styles here, if the devs want to commit some resources to making earning tech frags and gear viable for Dailies, Heroics, and the Eternal Championship.

In the end, it would be nice now that the game seems to have found its multiplayer footing, to revisit those and see how they can be integrated into the current gear system (which is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, from a group play perspective).

The last post I wrote in here was heavily critical of 6.0 and I even said I don't mind the heavy criticism. So don't slot me with 'you people'. I know it must seem very baffling to people who think that this is a team sport, white knights versus haters, but I can criticize 6.0 AND I can criticize individuals also criticizing 6.0 who I find deserving of mockery. I know it messes up your shorthand us vs them view of the forum, sorry about that.

I don't mind the criticism, though as I say, the DOOM DOOM DOOM aspect to some of it does get a bit wearying after awhile, but so does the constant cheerleading of Eric's unasked for intern. However, I very much mind the ponderous, self-righteous, attitude of some of you, which is frankly business as usual, not just for 6.0, where you seem to think you're the Thomas Jefferson of video game forum critics protesting the injustice of tyranny without representation.

It would just be swell if all of us dropped the pretence that what we are doing here is giving them 'valuable feedback' or somesuch. BW doesn't care. I've been here since 2.0 and they almost never have. We clutch at the few times they have the way a gambler clutches at his few wins to prove that this time it'll be different. What we are doing here is forum pvp, the last bastion of 'play your own way'. So I'd appreciate if you let me go back to doing that without all the finger wagging of disapproval.

FWIW, it was not at all intended as a "you people." The point was actually to make it clear that I wasn't singling you out and I was speaking to those who were personally attacking him, of which there were multiple people that I saw doing so when I made the post. Though speaking to it now, it seems some amount of resolution has been had since and I see no reason to dwell on it further than that.

As far as finger wagging goes, sometimes I see what looks like someone being unfairly targeted and I say something. And sometimes all I want to do is make it clear to the person being targeted that if they're reading, they can know they aren't alone and somebody cares about them not being piled on, and they're willing to say it publicly.

Sometimes it's messy to do and goes south, but if it makes any difference to you, it's not personal. I don't want to be the guy who is constantly going to bat for people in an unasked for manner, so I try to pick my battles and limit it to situations where it seems like things are going over-the-top. Sometimes that results in my picking a post to respond to and going more heavy-handed and super-serious than I probably should on one person. So sorry for raining on your forum PvP parade. I'm sure you mean well.

The cold hard truth is the game might not NEED solo players to be successful, and in fact over-catering to them may have indeed been part of the reason why the game failed so spectacularly with 5.0. With a return to group play and story most of the people who left after 5.0 wanted, many appear to be back.

Really your going to go that far ? and you are still basing this around a premise that you have no statistical evidence to support.

The other side may be true as well if you remove all group activities and focus all resources only on story and companions again it could regain the popularity it once had when all there was was class stories.

we have different opinions on why 5.0 was not received well and had nothing to do with lack of group content.

Again its surprising to say that once its been documented that

group oriented ques and raids are generally the vast minority of a player base mmo that have reported such statistics.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=750289

Honestly i would love for eic or keith to actually release current statistic over the last year regarding how may people participated in raids or other hard content to how many did not but I highly doubt they would release that kind of information. they would rather people debate the grey area in the forums with only statics from other games without any concrete proof.

Agin it fall on this MMO = group mentality which is completely false . There are plenty of MMO that do not cater to groups, are sandbox etc etc

Take ESO

I can do more in ESO as a solo player without a companion than I can in swtor

ESO does not cater to groups yet is a successful MMO

ESO i am the point where i can generally smash stuff including World Boss and some group dungeons stuff without even worried about my health ...that is fun.

MMO's in general should be built around primarily solo play with group options as that will attract the most clientele

Also imo I explained earlier

Logically Risk / reward effort /reward should not be a factor in a "play your own way system"

If someone finds their primary source of "fun" in content that takes "strategy" "knowing how to play " knowing mechanics" and 60 min of smashing buttons to clear one piece of content

.... why are they any better or deserve "better rewards" than people who don't??

The Motivation should NOT be "better loot" the PRIMARY reason they should be doing is because they enjoy doing it because that is the way they "Choose to play"

Level sync defeats the whole purpose of gear because you can never be "overpowered" anymore and raising difficulty content in a broad you are basically saying..." your fun is wrong if you don't like "challenge and want reward without "effort and "risk"

Why are you discriminating against someone who like to feel like they are a powerful unstoppable hero and can clear a veteran FP just solo with their companion smashing everything into oblivion without out every mob taking 5 min or the flash points IN STORY MODE taking 30 min or more to complete.

and here

INB4 REEEE harder group content deserves better loot because effort /risk reward etc

harder content and raids are niche and the PRIMARY you should be doing such content because you enjoy it ..not because there is better loot... if you don't dont hard content because it "pays" the same as easy content ..then you are proving my point ...you are not doing it for "fun and challenge " you are doing it for better loot.

Ib4 REEEE "group ques would die if everything could be done easy /solo"

1. that statement itself proves my point completely .. like harder content it would simply show what people are doing for other reason than "enjoyment"

2. if you want to do such que instead of forcing people to do it for reason other than enjoyment ..the onus should be on the players to put the work in to find other player who have the same interests and not really on a que in the first place

Giving everyone choice to play how , the content and the difficulty they choose nd paying everyone the same it's the right choice for SWTOR because it does not EXCLUDE ANYONE...literally EVERYONE WINS.

Its a concept that seems to be very hard to understand with he REAL MMO MEANS GROUP mentality.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Take ESO

I can do more in ESO as a solo player without a companion than I can in swtor

ESO does not cater to groups yet is a successful MMO

ESO i am the point where i can generally smash stuff including World Boss and some group dungeons stuff without even worried about my health ...that is fun.

Ergo, shouldn't you then just go play ESO?

It's great ESO has found it's niche, but what works for one doesn't mean it will work for all.

Given SWTOR's already unique journey, it is at its most active when it caters to group players. Sorry that you can't accept that, to the point where you feel you have to minimize everyone else's opinion but your own. But the observations I have had on activity haven't been mine alone. Others have too. Sure, its anecdotal, but when more than one person is feeling like the servers are more active, chances are they aren't wrong.

Whereas in your case, you want so hard to be right, that you are willing to piss all over the opinions of others to "win an arugment".

Which is the real difference here between us, and why I don't engage with you - because you aren't arguing in good faith. You're here to win a pissing contest. And usually people win those not by being right, but by annoying the other side so badly they give up, so the person trying to win it can claim victory (when in reality, the person walking away has better things to do than argue in circles with someone who is doing so in bad faith).

So take your victory lap, and I'll get on talking with other people in the thread who aren't in a habit of denying reality. :rak_03:

Edited by ZionHalcyon

INB4 ** REEEEE** MMO means group ..i joined a mmo not single player game

INB4 REEEE harder group content deserves better loot because effort /risk reward etc

harder content and raids are niche and the PRIMARY you should be doing such content because you enjoy it ..not because there is better loot... if you don't dont hard content because it "pays" the same as easy content ..then you are proving my point ...you are not doing it for "fun and challenge " you are doing it for better loot.

Harder content and raids are not niche. Go back and check out 5.0's mass player extinction when Ben Irving turned SWTOR into a SP RPG Chapter game.

Ib4 REEEE "group ques would die if everything could be done easy /solo"

1. that statement itself proves my point completely .. like harder content it would simply show what people are doing for other reason than "enjoyment"

2. if you want to do such que instead of forcing people to do it for reason other than enjoyment ..the onus should be on the players to put the work in to find other player who have the same interests and not really on a que in the first place

As for the loot in harder content, yes difficult content should have better rewards, otherwise it would not be repeatable. Why would anyone ever run hard mode or NiM content a 2nd, 3rd, 20th time if it dropped the same loot as easy mode? This is more or less how real life works. Difficult skill jobs often pay more than easy jobs.

To elaborate more: The first time HM/NiM is a challenge, the 100th time it becomes "easy." So then the player's objective becomes: which is quicker? Story mode ofc.

Do you play in a bubble? What if YOUR playstyle is actually a minority? Shocking.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Harder content and raids are not niche. Go back and check out 5.0's mass player extinction when Ben Irving turned SWTOR in a SP RPG Chapter game.

As for the loot in harder content, yes it should be better otherwise it would not be repeatable. Why would anyone ever run hard mode or NiM anything if it dropped the same loot as easy mode? This is more or less how real life works. Difficult jobs often pay more than easy jobs.

Do you play in a bubble? What if YOUR playstyle is actually a minority? Shocking.

Shocking indeed. He can't come to grips with it, and frankly, it makes further discourse pointless.

Harder content and raids are not niche. Go back and check out 5.0's mass player extinction when Ben Irving turned SWTOR into a SP RPG Chapter game.

As for the loot in harder content, yes difficult content should have better rewards, otherwise it would not be repeatable. Why would anyone ever run hard mode or NiM content a 2nd, 3rd, 20th time if it dropped the same loot as easy mode? This is more or less how real life works. Difficult skill jobs often pay more than easy jobs.

To elaborate more: The first time HM/NiM is a challenge, the 100th time it becomes "easy." So then the object becomes which is quicker to do? Story mode ofc.

obviously both of you never looked at the link and both continue to refuse to acknowledge actually facts presented from other games or you would not have asked that question

Shocking indeed. He can't come to grips with it, and frankly, it makes further discourse pointless.

your right its pointless... as stated many times .....you have an obvious bias and refuse to acknowledge a mmo does not inherently need group content to be successful in general as many games exist to support this fact.

Why would anyone ever run hard mode or NiM content a 2nd, 3rd, 20th time if it dropped the same loot as easy mode

Because that is what you enjoy not for better loot .

i didn't explain that before maybe you missed this..

NB4 REEEE harder group content deserves better loot because effort /risk reward etc

thanks for both of you for not only validating both of my points above but also factually proving the below one .

Its a concept that seems to be very hard to understand with he REAL MMO MEANS GROUP mentality.

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Ergo, shouldn't you then just go play ESO?

It's great ESO has found it's niche, but what works for one doesn't mean it will work for all.

Given SWTOR's already unique journey, it is at its most active when it caters to group players. Sorry that you can't accept that, to the point where you feel you have to minimize everyone else's opinion but your own. But the observations I have had on activity haven't been mine alone. Others have too. Sure, its anecdotal, but when more than one person is feeling like the servers are more active, chances are they aren't wrong.

Whereas in your case, you want so hard to be right, that you are willing to piss all over the opinions of others to "win an arugment".

Which is the real difference here between us, and why I don't engage with you - because you aren't arguing in good faith. You're here to win a pissing contest. And usually people win those not by being right, but by annoying the other side so badly they give up, so the person trying to win it can claim victory (when in reality, the person walking away has better things to do than argue in circles with someone who is doing so in bad faith).

So take your victory lap, and I'll get on talking with other people in the thread who aren't in a habit of denying reality. :rak_03:

See you should read that whole post while looking at yourself in the mirror because that is exactly what you are doing

All you do is continuously state ..this is what i see.... that is not fact ...again that is confirmation bias. if you want to believe

LOL we can agree to disagree on which one of us is not arguing in good faith , ignoring FACTS and not accepting reality .

honestly i believe you are rejecting reality just as much as you seem to think I am.

You right it is pointless i left the forums long ago because of people like you who think that mmo where made solely for groups and raiders and that that content is superior to anything else which is why people rage with single player mmo and refuse what the definition of mmo actually means.

multiple people playing on the same platform at the same time --- it can be a complete sandbox with no ques guilds or anything else and still be an mmo

i

Edited by _NovaBlast_

If you are telling me you left the forums a long time ago, you're doing a really bad job at it...

so by that logic once you leave you can never go back huh.......?... interesting logic LOL

but hey to turn the table

thought you weren't engaging with me ....you're doing a really bad job at it. :rak_03:

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Quite frankly, I hope BW gives the lot of you infractions for at least a month.

We finally get a reply from Keith and many of you have spent the last umpteen pages debating the meta about what type of feedback is valuable. And that's not even counting the posts that were deleted.

Back on topic...the following post is brilliant because it deals with specific, actionable items. Naturally, it was from me. But I'll be damned if my post is going to get lost in a sea of mediocre, inane babble about what type of feedback is good. One can disagree with my feedback, but spare me the meta of ...Dasty is a White Knight, Dasty is Grey Knight, Dasty is Nasty (though the latter is true). :rak_03:

Pox on many of your houses,

Dasty

Keith,

Great to hear from you. One of the things I appreciate about your posts is that it is clear you play the game. You understand, as many of us do, that crafting needs changes. I appreciate you telling us that changes are forthcoming.

For me, the other changes I care about are more QoL changes.

1) Tech Fragment Cap.

I believe you that you have multiple characters at 75. So do I. (I'm guessing you have the power to check!) We both know there is an easy way to avoid the TF cap by storing gear on an alt to take advantage of the 2 hour Kai Zykken window. It's annoying.

The cap should be raised. It exists only in theory and makes us in practice waste time to avoid it.

2) Amplifiers

There are games we can play here too to get what we want and minimize the cost. It's annoying.

3) Level Lock / Stat Capping

I understand that retuning every encounter up to level 75 is a pretty big undertaking. But you metaphorically brought a nuke to a gun fight. You did some retuning on the PTS. I think a bit more is needed here. By definition, you are asking players to acquire two different sets of BiS gear. It's annoying.

Please don't take this as a negative -- I love this game -- in fact, I'm about to buy some more CCs now. Presumably you can check how much I've played since Oct. 22. That should indicate my level of happiness.

Many thanks for the feedback. Oh, and crafting sucks right now! But you already know that. :rak_04:

Cheers,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

We finally get a reply from Keith and many of you have spent the last umpteen pages debating the meta about what type of feedback is valuable. And that's not even counting the posts that were deleted.

Back on topic...the following post is brilliant because it deals with specific, actionable items. Naturally, it was from me. But I'll be damned if my post is going to get lost in a sea of mediocre, inane babble about what type of feedback is good. One can disagree with my feedback, but spare me the meta of ...Dasty is a White Knight, Dasty is Grey Knight, Dasty is Nasty (though the latter is true). :rak_03:

Dasty

Sorry but you've been pox blocked.

Dasty

Despite my own tendency to be a bit sarcastic, I feel that many of the things I tend to be a jerk about are fair.

I'm very glad they are looking at crafting, but they are still refusing to even mention the 2 big issues I had, those being amplifiers and the level downscaling.

I still think both of these were outright stupid and have no desire to attempt to be more civil with them about it, because they obviously have no intention of addressing them. They've made the bed and we have to lie in it, or find somewhere else to go.

Frankly, I feel nothing I say matters to musco, much less kanneg as long as i keep giving them money, they seem to feel they can keep beating me with a stick. (I.e. the insult to my reading comprehension when I dared call their gearing scheme over complicated - their ideas weren't bad, I just was too stupid to understand their genius!) Meanwhile, i still have the exact same issues i was screaming about then.

Hey everyone,

It has been a while since I put out a post so I figured I would stop into the forums and get an update out to everyone. I’ll provide you with a brief update about what’s coming soon, but first and foremost want to address the issues we’ve been experiencing with our Tulak Hord server this past week. It’s being very stubborn and every time we think we have it nailed, it decides to kick some players from various areas in the game and won’t let them back in for a while. Not a great experience for anyone and I apologize we haven’t fixed it already. We believe it’s an intermittent hardware issue, making it difficult to isolate, so we’re rebuilding that server and will deploy a new one later tonight. We’re going to have to take the European servers down, but we’ll look to get it done while most of you are sleeping. We will let everyone know when we’ve completed the effort.

Let’s talk about Onslaught! Like many of you, I have been really enjoying the expansion and all the changes we made for gearing. I now have quite a few toons up to level 75 and virtually all of them are at Item Rating 306. I’m spending time changing stats of individual items, playing around with amplifiers, and seeing what changes will make me feel OP. What feels good is being able to play anything in the game and benefiting from the new gearing system. I also have read many comments over the past couple weeks about areas you’d like to see changed, and as you’ll see starting with next week’s patch, we are addressing them and will continue refinements over the coming months. Keep the posts coming as they’ve been very helpful to the team.

We are extremely pleased with the launch of the expansion. I don’t want to jinx it, but from the game standpoint, it has been very smooth with relatively minor issues all around (the Tulak Hord server being the exception). We fixed a number of bugs a week following the expansion and we have a number of additional bug fixes being released in next week’s patch likely on Thursday the 14th of November 2019. I know we usually release on Tuesday, but there’s a few items we want to include in this patch, so we gave the team an extra couple days. There is also a little surprise for everyone included with the patch, but we will let you know what’s up on Tuesday.

Patch 6.0.2 will be our last update for 2019 and we’ll target its availability mid-December. It’ll have additional bug fixes along with the following:

• Life Day returns and has new items for you to enjoy.
  • It’s our 8th year anniversary, so the vendor will have some new items.
  • We’re adding new missions on Mek-Sha, including new heroics.
  • You’ll be able to recruit Tharan for your Consular and as he says, “It’s Tharan, not spelled the dumb way”.
  • Ranked Season 12 for our PvP players begins and winners from last season will get their well-deserved rewards.
  • Crafting changes – it begins! Yes, we’re taking a hard look at crafting and will make some adjustments starting with this patch.

We have Game Update 6.1 planned for early 2020 making its PTS debut in December. When we’re ready to have you take a look, I’ll share more details about the update and give you a glimpse into our future plans for SWTOR. Don’t forget Star Wars™ Celebration is planned for August and in Anaheim, California next year. We’re already making our plans to be there. Would be great to meet a bunch of you at the event! Thanks everyone for making Onslaught a success. Keep your thoughts, concerns, and ideas coming as those are an invaluable source of feedback for the team.

Happy Holidays,

Keith

Pleased? Almost every bug you launched with was clearly identified on the test server, most of them are simple database fixes AND you took an extra month for something which most people would not call an "expansion"

The next patch is addressing things clearly identified on test and was ignored so who cares about you deploying 6.1 to test because Bioware clearly doesnt care about issues and feedback from testers.

I would suggest instead of this banal "everything is fantastic" joke of a post you identify and own up to glaring flaws and show a little humility, something like "It didnt go as smoothly as we had hoped, we were unable to allocate resources to squash the myriad of blatent bugs before launch" would go down much better than self congratulatory dross like "We are extremely pleased with the launch of the expansion"

If you were truly pleased with the launch of onslaught I would hate to see how low the bar was because in any other industry you wouldnt get away with the poor quality mess you made, like having to CHANGE abilities because you cant fix them to how they used to work due to whatever code changes you made for "onslaught" like on the perk interloper.

Edited by Slurmez