So, what happened to five days early?

Anysao

It's gone to seven days! And I was upset I wasn't invited..yet... I predict tomorrow...maybe next day....

I'VE WAITED SINCE 2007 FOR THIS!!!!

Oh, and if your in, congrats :)

they never promised you all five days, and they surely didnt promise you seven, they promised you a chance at Up to and including 5 days, 1 day..... hell 12 hours counts as early access, you will get what you and you should be happy with that. bazinga.

Thank you... I'm not complaining, im just curious what the flipping hippo happened. I've counted down the days since july... (It is surprisingly hard to keep up...)

And now i feel like I inserted straight-caffeine into my blood stream.

I'm happy, none the less.

Based upon the dev posts, and my own experience doing major application deployments, I think what happened was that Bioware looked at the stress test results and came up with a number of users per server that they felt comfortable starting with as well as a ramp-up schedule where any instabilities could be detected early. They then looked at the number of EGA preorders and realized that they would still be deploying EGA on launch day or close to. Realizing that most customers interpret "up to 5 days" as "at the very least 5 days" (mine sure do) they decided to move up EGA to give themselves more runway prior to launch.

Let's face it, most folks will not complain if they think they are promised L-Day -5 and get L-Day -6 or -7 instead. But the forums will be running red with blood if most of the EGA's are not in-game by L-4.