I got an idea for you devs, for 6.0 launch

Seterade

Not everyones going to like this, specialy people who out of boredom stopped doing anything but this....

Why dont you credit purge swtor with 6.0?

lets put a hole in goldsellers. a real one, not a bandaid 3% tax raise on the gtn

Let the market reset after all these credit exploits

maybe... if we're lucky we will bankrupt these gold sellers off swtor.

Edited by Seterade

Not everyones going to like this, specialy people who out of boredom stopped doing anything but this....

lets put a hole in goldsellers. a real one, not a bandaid 3% tax raise on the gtn

LoL, and at what level do you cap it?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

And its a no from me.

ummm...[/scratches head] .. I kind of understand WHY ... but IMO you only hurt players that got theirs legitimately.

The whole busniess of gold sellers really is a royal pain. And I thnk most agree needs stoped. BUT, thruthfully this is just not the best approach to the matter.

Sorry !

Some of us earned our credits legit.. ;)

Agreed. I’ve just hit 206mil after 5 months of crafting every day and selling on the GTN. It took a lot of effort because I farm all my own mats. Plus, there were a lot of times I couldn’t sell stuff because people were purposely driving the prices into the ground.

Even if they’ve reached the credit limit and have more credits than they could ever spend, I can’t imagine anyone who has legitimately obtained credit would be happy to lose them.

Last I heard, 1 character can carry a max of 4 billion

it seems a little radical, but I'll explain my idea a little more indept and why exactly this isnt as world ending as it sounds.

think for a second... why do you have those millions? specificaly what in this game costs millions per purchase? as far as I know (I could be wrong, I havent visisted every vendor in all of swtor) its the gtn. thats it. what happens to an overpriced economy where the dollar has lost its value, and suddenly every single one of those worthless dollars vanish? what happens is a new currency is formed, generaly there isnt a lot of it, which make each (credit in this example) 10x/100x more valueable than it was. but you may think.. well everything will return to how it was, credits are easy to make and this will change nothing cept punish those who made their credit legit.... except.. for one little thing.

Most credits in swtor arent legit. I know, your thinking "No way! I earned that 2 million selling that crafted item!" but where did those credits come from? do you think the majority of gtn money comes from heroics? or maybe from operations? I promise you 100% without a doubt, there is a 1% in the gtn money that is legit. the rest is bought and sold gold seller botted and credit exploited gold seller money. how do I know this? how could I? because as of this month I know about 7 out of 30 people who Iv played with regularly who dont or have not bought credits. Im no snitch, Ill never tell on any of them... but I promise you, gold selling is way, way bigger than it is small. and at its core is not heroic bots, its credit exploits and rotated money.

"rotated money? you made that up!" this is a breif summary of what "rotated money" means in this context. rotating money means to sell fred 5m credits for $, then fred uses the 5m to buy the goldseller CM armor on the gtn... then the gold seller takes the 5m profit $ and buys another CM armor, and goes and gives fred another 5m to buy that one... for $, to buy CM, to sell on the gtn.. get it?

also, theres a HUGE friend referal mob ring, but I wont even get into that can of worms, long story short, think how many cc is granted to bot a,b,c,d,e.... when the month turns over and all 200 bots pay the subscription.

the bot seller system at this point is literaly self sustaining.

Edited by Seterade

it seems a little radical, but I'll explain my idea a little more indept and why exactly this isnt as world ending as it sounds.

think for a second... why do you have those millions? specificaly what in this game costs millions per purchase? as far as I know (I could be wrong, I havent visisted every vendor in all of swtor) its the gtn. thats it. what happens to an overpriced economy where the dollar has lost its value, and suddenly every single one of those worthless dollars vanish? what happens is a new currency is formed, generaly there isnt a lot of it, which make each (credit in this example) 10x/100x more valueable than it was. but you may think.. well everything will return to how it was, credits are easy to make and this will change nothing cept punish those who made their credit legit.... except.. for one little thing.

Most credits in swtor arent legit. I know, your thinking "No way! I earned that 2 million selling that crafted item!" but where did those credits come from? do you think the majority of gtn money comes from heroics? or maybe from operations? I promise you 100% without a doubt, there is a 1% in the gtn money that is legit. the rest is bought and sold gold seller botted and credit exploited gold seller money. how do I know this? how could I? because as of this month I know about 7 out of 30 people who Iv played with regularly who dont or have not bought credits. Im no snitch, Ill never tell on any of them... but I promise you, gold selling is way, way bigger than it is small. and at its core is not heroic bots, its credit exploits and rotated money.

"rotated money? you made that up!" this is a breif summary of what "rotated money" means in this context. rotating money means to sell fred 5m credits for $, then fred uses the 5m to buy the goldseller CM armor on the gtn... then the gold seller takes the 5m profit $ and buys another CM armor, and goes and gives fred another 5m to buy that one... for $, to buy CM, to sell on the gtn.. get it?

also, theres a HUGE friend referal mob ring, but I wont even get into that can of worms, long story short, think how many cc is granted to bot a,b,c,d,e.... when the month turns over and all 200 bots pay the subscription.

So the 5000+ dyes I had to make and sell for 40,000 to get 200mil aren’t ledgitmate?

I can literally run through the black hole weekly and nearly get a Million credits doing that. There are plenty of ways to get lots of legitimate credits in the game without using the GTN to do it.

I just hate grinding pve content, over and over. Otherwise I would have had that 200mil months ago.

The amount of credits in the game and inflation has nothing to do with gold traders. Most of it has to do with the amount of credits available at end game and also Bioware selling over priced gear to whales on the CM and not listing all items available.

If all items in the collections were available on the CM, there would be no rare items that people desperately wait to be listed on the GTN.

Plus, if Bioware didn’t make things so expensive on the CM, maybe prices wouldn’t be as high on the GTN.

Bioware are a major contributor to the inflation on the GTN.

There are better ways to combat the credit inflation in this game than removing peoples current credits.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

actually bioware CM prices really arent that different since 3.0, but in 3.0 8m was a lot. I would know, I paid for each piece of revans original armor set for 8 apiece, and the set hadnt been brought back since it was in rotation.

and "200m" wont really get you anywhere. there are 500m sabers on the gtn, 200m materials.. that you need 3 of + every other mat to craft it

as for "easy" to make credits? I have a farm I do that makes 3m an hour of consistent money. but I dont do dailys, or heroics. I earn mats and sell them on the gtn in piles for 300k. a full day of heroics makes about 2.5m and thats including odessen turn in. you will make more if you sell the gifts on the gtn... but then.. thats what this is about. clipping the gtns wings.

Edited by Seterade

the bot seller system at this point is literaly self sustaining.

This sort of stuff is waaaay over my pay grade ! I have a pretty good idea some of it is from sources outside of the US ?

Again... nothing personal but IMO this is something that has to be addressed on a much higher level than anything we can do. I'm also certain that BW is very much aware of where a lot of this sort of thing comes from. Without question this sort of practice hurts everyone and puts money directly in the hands of the wrong people. That said taking away what little (or maybe a lot) from those who have been honest in their dealings is not the answer.

Kinda dumb idea. - Maybe shaving a couple of zeros off everything might help, but people with lots of credits would just buy stuff to hold for a month or two to resell and make their money back. - You'd have to take every possession off everyone too... might as well shut the game if the anticipated backlash to that happens.

Better off to make some [more] credit sinks. - A lot of these have been removed or haven't scaled with the economy. - Stuff like food, rent, travel costs, monthly guild registration, ship upkeep, droid maintenance, etc. would help keep inflation down a little. - Tho' the best sinks are rare items that could only be bought for a lot of credits - prizing some of the millions or billions of credits off players or guilds. - More Strongholds with expensive room unlocks, more guild ships, purchasable guild perks such as CXP boosts or reduced crafting CDs would be a start. - An decos, armour and such.

I don't see why there aren't different tax rates on the GTN as well - higher for items over 100K, 1M, 10M, 100M even if it's only a few percentage points at each breakpoint.

They could also scale repair bills and travel relevant to one's level. - 4K to cross the galaxy at level 10 can be a lot of credits, at level 70 its normally mere pocket change. - they cold make cheap repair points on starter worlds but charge a few 1000 credits to travel there from outside - so new starters aren't stung but veterans have to pay a fee for slightly cheaper repairs.

Inflation has run away with this game as it has in a lot of others, because the devs took their eye off the ball. The bantha has bolted now and it's hard to get that genie back in the bottle. [to mix several metaphors :)]

But like a lot of stuff in this game, it involves time and effort, which is severely lacking at the studio. - Why fix the economy for the benefit of everyone when you could annoy long-standing players with yet another gear grind, and insufferably slow content release?

:rak_02:

People have purchased items from the CM to sell for credits. Purging their credits is the equivalent of stealing their money. Not to mention you are hurting 99% of innocent people to punish 1% or less of exploiters/farmers. Doesn't seem like a smart move.

People have purchased items from the CM to sell for credits. Purging their credits is the equivalent of stealing their money. Not to mention you are hurting 99% of innocent people to punish 1% or less of exploiters/farmers. Doesn't seem like a smart move.

^^ pretty much this.

But chasing the bots and shutting accounts and stopping the gold sellers is work, whereas pressing delete on the entire game is easy. - Shut the game. - problem solved. - Try getting that past one's EA overlords.;)

in a simply answer: NO.

i earned every credit i have and i still have a lot of cr...stuff to sell that i have accumulated over a very long period of time. Put some credit sinks into the game that are optional, but wanting to tax folks for all of the little things in game is just ridiculous.

well, its never going to be a popular idea, but tbh... this game is so far gone, this credit and bot problem is just a factor.

I would ask though, before you say "those are my millions, how dare you steal from me" ask yourself long and hard.. "what do I spend my millions on? and if no one had millions what would happen to these prices I need my millions for?" I think the answers to these two questions if you really thought about them would surprise you. A currency has a worth, and its not a number, its a percentage. 1 credit doesnt mean 1 credit in 5.0, it mean 1/300k of an isotope restablizer.

Edited by Seterade

Honestly,. the GTN situatuion is ludicrous.

Things that used to cost 2-3M, now cost 50m (like Nithilus mask). It's not all. Theres astronomic prices for many things in the AH. I don't know who has all those credits, but it's related to that exploit that happened years ago, no doubt.

I do think more severe measures should be taken to fix the economy. The aforementioned mask would equal what is probably a month of credits farming (outside selling things. I mean liquid credits). That is just ridiculous.

Most players, and especially new player don't have more than 1-5M credits or so.

I can literally run through the black hole weekly and nearly get a Million credits doing that. There are plenty of ways to get lots of legitimate credits in the game without using the GTN to do it.

I remember a few years ago when I would run the CZ dailies for quick easy cash. I also remember going to Yavin to farm lockboxes while waiting for WZ pops. Which set of dailies makes the most money nowadays?

As for resetting credits to zero, I think it's a good idea in theory, but so many people would rage in game and on the forums, then rage quit the game.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Personally I see the merit of the idea but... theres no way to do it without ticking off 99% of the player base. It would kill the game..

A much better idea would be say a 10mil credit cap on gtn.

BDO has something like this, its a credit lock on maximum prices for so andso item, with a bidding otion as well.

I also thought Id drop 2 little jems here for you guys.

first, a goldseller has a credit earning of about 68m an hour. if you think you can match that, put out of business, or even threaten it with your own methods, good luck.

this is based on example site selling 1m for 15 cents, with a 10% off code. so if we base that off 8 dollars and hour, 15 cents is roughly 1/6 of a dollar (plus 1/3) you get about 48m an hour, plus 10% (the bonus code) your looking at 53m an hour, but thats not all. every business for profit usually works around a 3/3s system, 30% goes to stolen product, 30% goes production and 30% goes to profit. since we know gold sellers profit from credits selling, that adds another 30% to 53m to about 68m an hour.

and second, you money will be worth the same after the purge. 1 credit will just be worth more.

currency worth is decided by 2 factors, time and effort. so lets apply this to 3 examples to give you an idea of how a currency regardless of its number changes. this example will take place in america with 8$ an hour US currency. fred wants george to paint his new nursery. the job takes one hour

a) george finishs job in one hour but forgets to paint back wall. fred pays him 6 bucks, deducting 1/4 for not painting the fourth wall.

b) geogre finishs the job in one hour and does above average job. fred pays him 8 bucks, but tips him 2$ for such a good job

and c) george finishs the job in one hour and does an ok job. fred pays him 8$

what happened here is despite the job paying 8$ george was paid 6/8/10 for the job, based on effort. the point is currency is not a number, its a worth, mostly dictated by how much of georges time is worth to him, and how much georges effort is worth to fred. currency is not a set number, 2m might not be worth 1 charged subtransmitter tomorrow. a CTM might be worth 4m tomorrow because of a credit exploit, or it might be worth 100k, because bioware purges the credits.

Edited by Seterade

Personally I see the merit of the idea but... theres no way to do it without ticking off 99% of the player base. It would kill the game..

A much better idea would be say a 10mil credit cap on gtn.

ummm ... I agree with part of this ... but not the cap! Sorry. I'll never have the credits to spend 10 mil on anything... but that is largely my own fault.

IMO there is a real problem to address... but that is on a totaly different level. Frankly I know just about enough on this subject to get in over my head really fast. (sorry.. it's just the truth). BUT I would rather not invade on the free market.

to reset the gtn and stick it to gold sellers.

your credits are only valuable because you need them to afford the gtn prices.

pricest thing in swtor as far as I know is the speeder in the VIP lounge for 2.5m credits.

It would probably drain the ocean of credits significantly by allowing players to buy cartel coins with credits at an absurd rate like 10000 credits per 1 cartel coin. Also, then at least the loot boxes would serve a more beneficial purpose.

No.

I been here since the beginning and worked hard at my crafting to earn the credits I have. What I use them on is a variety of things, lately it is getting decorations for our guild stronghold and guild ship. While that might not be important to you, it is to us. Then I have my strongholds to decorate. And no this isn't buying off the GTN for the guild, it is actually paying credits to get copies of decorations I have for the guild and believe me that can add up when you need more than one item and you are decorating a Rishi stronghold that has 1600 hooks.

A better way to stop credit sellers is simple don't buy from them. I never have and never will.

Edited by casirabit