Bring Back Ilum Dailies in 6.0

AlCiao

There are, or rather, there were some solo missions on Ilum impside (presumably pubside too, but I've yet to play Ilum pubside) that could be done daily.

With 4.0, they were removed.

It was incredibly baffling and frustrating, especially because, to my knowledge, no devs even acknowledged this, much less explained why.

Now, about three of said impside solo missions on Ilum are still doable, but only once per toon. And another one or two (going purely by memory, as it's been over two years since I've been able to do them) are no longer acquirable at all, not even to do once.

I always enjoyed the (impside) Ilum dailies, even though there wasn't a weekly or anything like that. Ilum is a beautiful planet, and I find it relaxing and pleasant to do quests on it. I found the dailies a fun diversion and was doing them nearly every day.

Please bring them back. Thanks :)

There are, or rather, there were some solo missions on Ilum impside (presumably pubside too, but I've yet to play Ilum pubside) that could be done daily.

With 4.0, they were removed.

It was incredibly baffling and frustrating, especially because, to my knowledge, no devs even acknowledged this, much less explained why.

Now, about three of said impside solo missions on Ilum are still doable, but only once per toon. And another one or two (going purely by memory, as it's been over two years since I've been able to do them) are no longer acquirable at all, not even to do once.

I always enjoyed the (impside) Ilum dailies, even though there wasn't a weekly or anything like that. Ilum is a beautiful planet, and I find it relaxing and pleasant to do quests on it. I found the dailies a fun diversion and was doing them nearly every day.

Please bring them back. Thanks :)

First, I second the idea that the Ilum dailes should be returned. I would also like to see the return on Belsavis dalies (different from the Section X dailies)

If I recall correctly, the removal of the Ilum (and Belsavis) dailies was poorly explained with a statement like "to stream line dailies" whatever that means.

I have no knowlege of how SWTOR works "under the hood" so to speak, but I am guessing that the amount of effort it would have taken back them to keep the Ilum dailies as dailies in 4.0 was not worth it compared to their popularity. Remember, I'm just guessing.

And, perhaps now, the feeling is that they'd rather focus on adding new content instead of rehashing old content (which might be new content, depending on when you started playing.... just saying...)

And, perhaps now, the feeling is that they'd rather focus on adding new content instead of rehashing old content (which might be new content, depending on when you started playing.... just saying...)

This is is a really important point and it’s why I’ve always been against them removing playable content. Not everyone was here at the start of the game. Whats old for some, is new for others.

It’s also why I’ve been so against them dumbing down the vanilla game. It is way to easy and doesn’t mesh with needing to gear at end game or difficulty because you don’t need know how to gear up properly as you lvl . If they wanted to have “easy” mode, then they could have just created a seperate instance for it, like they have for pvp or even how you have SM, VM and NiM in Ops, then they could have just left the old vanilla game the way it was and still give people an easy mode.

Something else that has never made any sense to me was them turning off planetary quests by default. If you don’t know about turning them on in the map, you may never know and miss out on some great playable content. Which is essentially taking content out of the game for people because they don’t know it’s there.

The way it should work, is it should be on by default, with the option to turn them off. There should also be a pop up to tell people as they start the first game area. Then they can make the choice there and then.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Im going to go ahead and expand this to all removed missions, conversations, heroic givers and turn-in npcs. People want more content not less. Every bit of the 4.0 (and beyond) streamlining should be restored.

Im going to go ahead and expand this to all removed missions, conversations, heroic givers and turn-in npcs. People want more content not less. Every bit of the 4.0 (and beyond) streamlining should be restored.

10000000% agree. More content, not less.

Hell yes! And they could repopulate the planetary gear vendors at the same time...

That might cause problems considering most of them have been reskinned in other parts of the game and even some on the CM

Most of the old vendor gear has always been available from multiple sources. World drops, quest rewards, crafting, vendors, and a few on the CM. Bioware loves to re-use assets, so why should they stop now? 3/4 or more of the gear from Ossus is older re-skinned gear. The Dantooine reputation gear is a mishmash of older re-skinned gear with a little tweaking at best. All of it still readily available from the original sources.

I remember that it was mandatory that you upgrade your orange gear ( remember how rare that stuff was?) around every three levels or you were going to have an unpleasant time.

I would like the game brought back to that level of play...but I think that is very unlikely.

• 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

still want the Ilum dailies back Bioware - this is not going to change

would be nice to have more content this summer than less (considering many people are stuck indoors) and people still really want their Ilum dailies back after they were yanked out of game around half way through this game's life for no good tangible reason, enraging many people who still are not happy about it.

please just return the Ilum dailies

Seems like they could bring back the Ilum dailies as an "Ilum bonus series" repeatable.

Aren't the Belsavis dailies already back as the repeatable bonus series with 6.1.1? My recollection is that the daily area was the bonus series, as it were.

HiltoftheDragon said:
I remember that it was mandatory that you upgrade your orange gear ( remember how rare that stuff was?) around every three levels or you were going to have an unpleasant time.

I would like the game brought back to that level of play...but I think that is very unlikely.

That was quite something indeed. Not getting healing companions until late in the game really forced you to learn how to play. And trying to solo H4's as ultimate challenge. And some bosses still having insta-kill abilities.

I do not miss the 30 min. QT downtime or not having a mount until level 25 though.

Edited by Gokkus

• 2 years later...

I'd still love to see it happen.  Consider how cool the planet is. It's shame to have so little to do there. The planet is basicly dead nowadays.  The only repeatable content there is Gree event which didn't get anything new so veteran players don't really care about it anymore.

It would be great to see it as an option again. It would make this planet feel more alive again. And who knows, maybe if people were there for dailies they would also consider once again participating in Gree event.

1 minute ago, Kurinana said:

I'd still love to see it happen.  Consider how cool the planet is. It's shame to have so little to do there. The planet is basicly dead nowadays.  The only repeatable content there is Gree event which didn't get anything new so veteran players don't really care about it anymore.

Agreed. Ilum is pretty wicked. I loved the Episodes in George Lucas' Clone Wars series about Ilum.

I use to love the Open World PVP section there. Use to have blast.

I'd definitely like to see more things happening there and drawing players to Ilum. The dailies there would be a good start.

+1

• Like 2

Why were Ilum dailies ever removed in the first place? BW never answered this question, over many years now.

I too would like to see these restored. They are a classic part of the game, and Ilum is still one of the nicest looking planets in all of SWTOR. 

For people that like doing daily quests, and there are a lot of us, Ilum has a very relaxing atmosphere. 

While we're on the topic of Ilum, it needs a Stronghold too!!

Edited by arunav

4 hours ago, arunav said:

Why were Ilum dailies ever removed in the first place? BW never answered this question, over many years now.

I too would like to see these restored. They are a classic part of the game, and Ilum is still one of the nicest looking planets in all of SWTOR. 

For people that like doing daily quests, and there are a lot of us, Ilum has a very relaxing atmosphere. 

While we're on the topic of Ilum, it needs a Stronghold too!!

My guess is Ilum and Belsavis dailies were only a stopgap until they could add proper dailies to the game. I think they already had plans to add dailies to endgame, but they didn't have the time before launch, so they converted some Ilum and Belsavis missions to dailies to give non-raiders something to do at max level. Once they had a good number of daily areas, they could turn them back into the normal missions they were originally intended to be. This happened with 4.0, so that that point, they had 9 proper daily areas (or more if you count each GSI planet separately).

Ilum can certainly use the extra content.  The missions were gone before I got there, but I wondered why there was only one heroic 2.

Zakuul could use some missions as well, or at least zones with sky troopers, heroic 2 or not.  The sky trooper kill count in Zakuul that keeps showing up in GS could use an outlet besides running another eternal chapter.  Outside an eternal chapter, Zakuul is a colossally dead world.

1 hour ago, Advocatis said:

Ilum can certainly use the extra content.  The missions were gone before I got there, but I wondered why there was only one heroic 2.

Zakuul could use some missions as well, or at least zones with sky troopers, heroic 2 or not.  The sky trooper kill count in Zakuul that keeps showing up in GS could use an outlet besides running another eternal chapter.  Outside an eternal chapter, Zakuul is a colossally dead world.

There are a bunch of skytroopers on Darvannis that can be killed without running a chapter, but yeah, it would be nice if there was something to do on Zakuul outside the chapters and farming crafting mats.