Meet The Content Creators - Swtorista

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

Today we kicked off a new series of articles. My goal is to have these articles go up on a bi-weekly basis and each one will feature one of our content creators – with today’s showcasing Swtorista! If you’re unfamiliar with what our Content Creator Program is or are curious about joining it, I have also posted a community blog introducing the Content Creator Program.

If you would like to see some of her content, her YouTube channel can be found here!

Edited by EricMusco

Congrats Swtorista!!! A very deserving bit of recognition for all you do!

I concur! I just finished reading the interview (before seeing this notice) nice to see Swtorista getting some recognition.

This is much deserved, SWTORista is a gem in this community as far as guides go and I find her videos to be really helpful and easily understandable which is fundamental when you're teaching a new player the ropes of the game. Overall I'm glad to see her getting such recognition from the SWTOR team and I look forward to more of her content, especially what comes from the Cantina next week.

it's totally legit to have swtorista first presented here ! :i_smile:

her contribution to this game in youtube is really wonderfull.

her voice needs to be chosen for a future NPC as a reward ! :cool:

Edited by Thaladan

Well done Swtorista and good job getting a stand together for Chicago. As I live in Ireland I won't get to it but I envy all who do and look forward to hearing how you got on. Love your datacron by the way...love that you made it to the scale of the ones you discover in SWTOR....you are some woman for one woman! Keep up the great work, we appreciate it.

:)

Congrats on your interview with SWTOR team! I like your videos, because they're cheerful and upbeat. I've been playing on and off, a couple of months after the game went live. I've managed to gleam some info from your videos. I might start a channel myself.

Without detracting from what swtorista and the like do calling this "content" is false advertising.

The is an MMORPG called Star Wars: The Old Republic.

The ONLY content that exists for it is IN GAME.

Calling third party fan-based contributions to the wider game-community "content" is just a way to try and divert attention from the abject lack of actual NEW CONTENT.

What I find equally puzzling is that so many people, some of whom I would usually consider quite level-headed, seem to have fallen for it.

All The Best

Edited by DarthSpuds

Without detracting from what swtorista and the like do calling this "content" is false advertising.

The is an MMORPG called Star Wars: The Old Republic.

The ONLY content that exists for it is IN GAME.

Calling third party fan-based contributions to the wider game-community "content" is just a way to try and divert attention from the abject lack of actual NEW CONTENT.

What I find equally puzzling is that so many people, some of whom I would usually consider quite level-headed, seem to have fallen for it.

All The Best

Guides are content. Not in-game content, but content regarding the game. When they say content creators they don't mean developers, and I have yet to meet someone who thinks X game content creator means they're actually creating content in-game, its a social media term for people creating content about a certain game be it videos streams or guides... SWTORista and many others do that. So if you could not de-rail the thread to take a chance to complain about Bioware, again, it'd be nice.

Guides are content. Not in-game content, but content regarding the game. When they say content creators they don't mean developers, and I have yet to meet someone who thinks X game content creator means they're actually creating content in-game, its a social media term for people creating content about a certain game be it videos streams or guides... SWTORista and many others do that. So if you could not de-rail the thread to take a chance to complain about Bioware, again, it'd be nice.

No, they are not.

Definition: Content, the things that are held or included in something

Guides are NOT "held or included in" The Game, thus they are not content.

I am aware it is a "social media term", and like almost all social media terms it is a) factually wrong, and b) intended to deceive or deflect attention away from the truth.

Don't get me wrong, I have used SWTORista's guides, Dulfy's guides etc many times, and I am very grateful for the effort they put into those things.

Bit they are NOT "content".

To my knowledge there's only a handful of games that allow player to create actual content.

Star Trek and Neverwinter have the foundry for example. I have used it in Neverwinter, I put over 600 hours into a three-part quest that probably only takes 60-80 mins to play through. The final part was the "Featured" Foundry mission for a month because it got such highly rated feedback.

That WAS content - something a player can "play" in-game.

A out-of-game guide, or some streaming of game-play is not content... ...end of.

All The Best