Community Cantina happening in Chicago!

DanielSteed

Can't wait to hang out with everyone and chat about the future of SWTOR :mon_cool:

Charles, we miss you. Please come hang out with us on the forums every once in awhile. We can discuss SWTOR's future here, too! :D

Edited by Lhancelot

Asking even while risking sounding stupid here, what's a swag?:confused:

Anyways sounds like a nice event, too bad it is on the wrong continent for me. Any chance to get some live stream from there for us to watch who cannot come personally?:)

Asking even while risking sounding stupid here, what's a swag?:confused:

Anyways sounds like a nice event, too bad it is on the wrong continent for me. Any chance to get some live stream from there for us to watch who cannot come personally?:)

Swag, as defined (at least one of the definitions), are items taken by a thief. Colloquially, swag has come to mean items that are given gratis to attendees of an event.

Swag is also a piece of fabric fastened so it hangs in a drooping curve.

Edited by ceryxp

Can't wait to hang out with everyone and chat about the future of SWTOR :mon_cool:

It would awesome if you’d visit Australia :D (But I know that’s not going to happen)

What would great though is if you can posts the highlights of some of your 1 on 1 conversations you have while there.

Swag, as defined (at least one of the definitions), are items taken by a thief. Colloquially, swag has come to mean items that are given gratis to attendees of an event.

Oddly enough, the first time I heard the term SWAG it meant Scientific Wild ***** Guess.

When people started using it for "stuff we all get" I was really confused.

Oddly enough, the first time I heard the term SWAG it meant Scientific Wild ***** Guess.

When people started using it for "stuff we all get" I was really confused.

Yeah, I learned WAG and SWAG from an instructor back in the day, so I had a similar reaction.

I really feel fine to hear the great News. I come from Germany and Chicaco is so far, far away. But any News I hear from SWTOR are great News :)

I like this game and I hope the story will never end.

Edited by Seromina

• Dev Post

Today I learned some things about swag!

As ceryxp noted (in their second definition) we always have a number of free SWTOR related items that we give to all attendees. Posters, t-shirts, and more. That is what you can expect at Celebration.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

S - stuff

W - we

A - all

G - get

Today I learned some things about swag!

What As ceryxp noted (in their second definition) we always have a number of free SWTOR related items that we give to all attendees. Posters, t-shirts, and more. That is what you can expect at Celebration.

-eric

Nice. But many players still expect for our top 96 rewards for season 10 ranked which we still didn't receive yet :rak_04: the week is coming to an end and waiting for these rewards on weekends looks sad

It would sure be nice...if someday...we would be able to buy these from a store, as most of the playerbase is never able to attend these cantinas. Especially from other countries.

i would actually love to buy a SWTOR Tshirt, if not other things. Perhaps make an official storefront through Zazzle, Teepublic, and many others, and you wouldnt even have to actually make of these items, let them do the work, and that money would be used for dev of the game.

I know originally there was a store through Jinx, but obviously they closed that up awhile ago. However, it would be nice to get those again, if not new ones. SWTOR has had some really great artwork that would look great on shirts, etc, that EVERYONE would love to be able to get, not just the fortunate ones that can make a cantina trip.

Edited by Taurax

I prefer “tchotchkes” to swag, thus avoiding the thievery connotations.

Dont want to sound to noobish but do we need tickets and where do I get one. Finally I live in Chicago and can finally go to a Cantina event.

No, this event is at a hotel near the Star Wars Celebration event, but is not a part of it, so no ticket needed!