"Free mode"/Starter planet skip option for already completed stories.

Saito_Hiraga

I want to suggest an unlockable QOL option for when creating Lv1 characters of Story CLASSES YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED ONLY.

Theres times I want to roll a new character and level it from 1 to max but its tedious to be forced to follow the story up to the point you get your ship again and again. So I was thinking on a couple ways we can give players an option to skip this:

Skip Starting planet option:

This option is quite simple, instead of starting your story on your starting planet you start inside your ship with the ship intro cinematic at the point on the story right after you get it (That would be after DK storyline for Empire or Coruscant for Republic.) This would be the best option if players to still be able to do the rest of the story. (Choices should be done at random or at a fixed way for classes just like when you skip content on the recent updates)

Free mode option:

This option should also be considered; A Free mode option would throw you to your starting planet or the republic fleet with your ship unlocked, class story completed (Just class story) and all class companions available. THIS IS NOT AN OUTLANDER TOKEN TOUGH. Your character spawns at Lv1 with the same initial gear lv1 characters start with.

And so people should be able to level up with group content such as flashpoints, warzones, heroics, dailies, planet quests and side quests, etc. and move around the galaxy any way they want.

I suggested this to be avalible only for completed class story characters so that new players must still complete their full class stories once to do this. Yet if you consider this to be way to OP or something then you may make this an option for Legendary status players (The ones who have completed the 8 story lines) or after you have completed a class story line with both advanced classes Example: Guardian/Sentinel. So it becomes a feature players must work harder to get. Or even a new subscriber only perk.

EA is here to make money, so good luck asking for free stuff above and beyond being able to play FTP.

if you want what you say, the cartel market already sells master datacron tokens that increases a level 1 character to level 70, with a ship, with gear, and you can choose to do the original class story on such a toon or just wander off and do whatever.

Currently discounted 37% down to 2000cc.

Edited by xordevoreaux

They won't do this. This would take away from the following which they sell on the Cartel Market

Master's Datacron and Equipment (Does not complete story but levels you to 70 and gives you your ship, droid and gear)

Outlander Character Token (Create a 60 or 65 character and all story automatically completed up to that point for that character)

What your asking is for them to essentially remove the above which they won't.

Do you even read full posts before getting all edgy at people? lol

I said this is NOT meant to be the same as the outlander nor the datacron token. I never asked it to jump you to max level nor give you any gear, you will be starting lv1 and be able to run all the way to max lv the way you want to play, I don't see why you even compare (Unless you clearly didn't even read). And theres also the other option where you can skip to the point you get your ship. It doesn't impact the game at all if someone skips content on this game since you can lv up to max with anything else skipping the entire story and jumping right into the KOTFE and Ossus stories. It wont be any harm to be able to skip to the ship point as far as things work on this game now.

Also I said they could make this a subscriber perk if they felt like such so Im not asking anything for free.

Money is gained one way or another, its not free and will require effort from the players to unlock this since they WILL have to play the entire game to get to this point.

Jesus people... you sure love to throw stones before anything else...

I want to suggest an unlockable QOL option for when creating Lv1 characters of Story CLASSES YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED ONLY.

Theres times I want to roll a new character and level it from 1 to max but its tedious to be forced to follow the story up to the point you get your ship again and again. So I was thinking on a couple ways we can give players an option to skip this:

Skip Starting planet option:

This option is quite simple, instead of starting your story on your starting planet you start inside your ship with the ship intro cinematic at the point on the story right after you get it (That would be after DK storyline for Empire or Coruscant for Republic.) This would be the best option if players to still be able to do the rest of the story. (Choices should be done at random or at a fixed way for classes just like when you skip content on the recent updates)

Free mode option:

This option should also be considered; A Free mode option would throw you to your starting planet or the republic fleet with your ship unlocked, class story completed (Just class story) and all class companions available. THIS IS NOT AN OUTLANDER TOKEN TOUGH. Your character spawns at Lv1 with the same initial gear lv1 characters start with.

And so people should be able to level up with group content such as flashpoints, warzones, heroics, dailies, planet quests and side quests, etc. and move around the galaxy any way they want.

I suggested this to be avalible only for completed class story characters so that new players must still complete their full class stories once to do this. Yet if you consider this to be way to OP or something then you may make this an option for Legendary status players (The ones who have completed the 8 story lines) or after you have completed a class story line with both advanced classes Example: Guardian/Sentinel. So it becomes a feature players must work harder to get. Or even a new subscriber only perk.

Just to pose a challenge for you, how does this incorporate or work around boosting characters? With a boosted character you get: Your ship, one companion, a full set of 230 gear, and you can start your story any time, and *free mode* is basically active at all times since you can literally do whatever you want.

If we're just talking about the ship, it really doesn't take that long to get it ~ but also how many times do you need to play the same class? No offense. Unless you're suggesting that any class you cap at 70 before meeting a certain requirements should automatically make you liable basically make base 70 copies if you decide you want to roll the same class again. But since/if we're talking about a *free mode* starting from level 1, how much can you really accomplish at that level and beyond?

Free mode option:

How do you propose that a level 1 character could survive *anywhere* in the game except the Noob Island parts of the starter planet? Perhaps you'd be able to survive the first half of the starter world story with a companion, but not really anything after the starter world.