Servers Back Offline - 5.10

EricMusco

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst i agree with most about testing you can never test everything, ive played plenty of mmo's and all have fallen down from time too time on patch day and its sad but remember people swtor team are not sitting there laughing at the forum whilst eating and drinking. Hope no one looses there job over this error.

2nd please if this is not the prime case to have PTS open all the time many other game have it open all the time and pay people to go test things away from there staff.

3 in a world where every little thing gets blow out the water with fits of rage and madness have we not slipped right into Jedi and Sith without the force powers .........hmmmm

fool me once..shame on you

fool me twice..shame on me

fool me again and again over and over and still i pay you for this pleasure hmmm gotta love starwars fans.

While you are correct that bugs will get past the testers, i am not denying that, but the problem that is keeping the servers offline is a bug that affected EVERYONE, just starting the new story content caused the bug, so if they indeed tested the story content in-house, they would have found the bug on the first day of testing the story content.

They could have not seen the bug at all and a final touch could have caused it and therefore, even if we tested it wouldn't have prevented this delay, but the likely-hood of that is very remote to the point of the remote chance of it is so extremely unlikely to happen, that it makes me wonder if they even tested it in house at all.

I pay for my subscription and even pay for cartel coins on a regular basis, so i think i have the right to complain about it.

if this is down for a very long time subs should get a one day credit on their game time for not being able to go online

lmao stop, that's stupid.

And I see once again people in the forums are in full meltdown mode because of a few hours. Lmao. That's the swtor forums for you.

Edited by menofhorror

Always fun to see the little apologists in full force after every patch, when something inevitably goes wrong.

But we are way off from the record here...was it 10-12 hours downtime for 5. whatitsnumber patch...

Would you rather they not fix it? Every patch has bugs. At least they fix them.

After all the experience we have had with 'heated arguments' just in the history of swtor (for founders who remember the rage at launch) and WITHOUT WANTING TO PARTICIPATE in a heated discussion, would it not be more productive to the informative means of this post, to close posts and create and move all comments to a 'heated debates specific thread or even sub-forum?

Is it acceptable from the devs point of view that a thread meant to provide information to all is made useless to most by 25 pages of arguing (which isn't informative or interesting for those just wanting the info - the majority).

Having an opinion is cool, instead of going towards a world where no one can express theirs can we, by defining a specific venue (for heated debates or whatev u wanna call em) enable the 'casual forum user' to hop on, find the info in 1-2 pages of official posts by devs and not have to search for them in the sea of Anger vs fandom ...

anyone who has the time and will to provide the devs with feedback with text should be welcome to it, just in a seperate venue/thread imo

If you truly debug things everyday then you should know that one minor bug can flip 20 other hidden ones into existence. You should also know that when you debug things that testing is different per company per game per environment. Problems like that can be overlooked and missed especially when you have a player base that is as toxic as this one when new content does or doesn't come out. Yes there are a large majority of players who are nice and are thankful however when you start basing the credibility of a companies team around your own experience for a different company and community you're just adding to the toxicity instead of realizing that the people that make this game, and add onto it, and test it, are following a procedure given to them by the higher ups. Deleting every player's choice isn't a missing test it's called being a human and making a probable mistake.

I agree.

Hell, I rolled out a database patch a couple months ago to our plant floor for quality data management. Everything ran fine, until someone plugged a 'retired' computer into the network and booted it up. Completely trashed years worth of data.

The fix was easy, but just restoring the databases took hours.

It's software. Crap happens, and something like an MMORPG is very difficult to test completely. At least here, they are responsive, and working on the problem, unlike Many Many Many other MMORPG's out there.

Oh, and if you are one of the angry children quitting over this, can I have your stuff?

While you are correct that bugs will get past the testers, i am not denying that, but the problem that is keeping the servers offline is a bug that affected EVERYONE, just starting the new story content caused the bug, so if they indeed tested the story content in-house, they would have found the bug on the first day of testing the story content.

They could have not seen the bug at all and a final touch could have caused it and therefore, even if we tested it wouldn't have prevented this delay, but the likely-hood of that is very remote to the point of the remote chance of it is so extremely unlikely to happen, that it makes me wonder if they even tested it in house at all.

I pay for my subscription and even pay for cartel coins on a regular basis, so i think i have the right to complain about it.

All of this. Thank you.

After all the experience we have had with 'heated arguments' just in the history of swtor (for founders who remember the rage at launch) and WITHOUT WANTING TO PARTICIPATE in a heated discussion, would it not be more productive to the informative means of this post, to close posts and create and move all comments to a 'heated debates specific thread or even sub-forum?

Is it acceptable from the devs point of view that a thread meant to provide information to all is made useless to most by 25 pages of arguing (which isn't informative or interesting for those just wanting the info - the majority).

Having an opinion is cool, instead of going towards a world where no one can express theirs can we, by defining a specific venue (for heated debates or whatev u wanna call em) enable the 'casual forum user' to hop on, find the info in 1-2 pages of official posts by devs and not have to search for them in the sea of Anger vs fandom ...

anyone who has the time and will to provide the devs with feedback with text should be welcome to it, just in a seperate venue/thread imo

founder here and i stayed out of that bloodbath on launch. way too much trouble than it was worth.