Servers Back Offline - 5.10

EricMusco

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If if helps, I put in an application to EA. I'm a QA Lead/Test Manager for a F500 bank. Maybe I can help with this.

Y'all would freak if you knew what occurs in the financial industry.

My wife is retired from IT management in the banking industry. I concur

No way, I am not going to bed until about 3 am GMT, I will play the new story today:D

I'd love to play thru new content tonight as well (UK here).

But have to be at work for 6:30am tomorrow to carry out a task that if it goes wrong will mean we lose a whole day's custom on one of our busiest days of the year.

And because of the industry I work in there is NEVER any 2nd chance to get it right. It has to be right, first time, every time - or I need to start looking for a new job.

So maybe I'll miss out tonight, and get through it tomorrow evening - assuming the servers are back up by then.

All The Best

Lol, so yeah. They tested and somehow missed the fact that you start the new story line and you get companions that died (or you killed yourself), while others that survived went suddenly missing?

I debug stuff everyday, so I can recognize when something goes live without proper testing.

Problem is a text not displaying properly. Problem is a room missing some textures.

Deleting every player's choices regarding companions is not a problem. Is a missing test. It's that simple.

If you truly debug things everyday then you should know that one minor bug can flip 20 other hidden ones into existence. You should also know that when you debug things that testing is different per company per game per environment. Problems like that can be overlooked and missed especially when you have a player base that is as toxic as this one when new content does or doesn't come out. Yes there are a large majority of players who are nice and are thankful however when you start basing the credibility of a companies team around your own experience for a different company and community you're just adding to the toxicity instead of realizing that the people that make this game, and add onto it, and test it, are following a procedure given to them by the higher ups. Deleting every player's choice isn't a missing test it's called being a human and making a probable mistake.

If you truly debug things everyday then you should know that one minor bug can flip 20 other hidden ones into existence. You should also know that when you debug things that testing is different per company per game per environment. Problems like that can be overlooked and missed especially when you have a player base that is as toxic as this one when new content does or doesn't come out. Yes there are a large majority of players who are nice and are thankful however when you start basing the credibility of a companies team around your own experience for a different company and community you're just adding to the toxicity instead of realizing that the people that make this game, and add onto it, and test it, are following a procedure given to them by the higher ups. Deleting every player's choice isn't a missing test it's called being a human and making a probable mistake.

"Being a human and making a probable mistake"... Whatever you say ;)

as far as i know. this happen in every big patch, and no, u wont get anything. u have to wait. end of story^^

I mean, it's irritating to be sure, but, yea, people need to understand that developers are, well, people. They're human beings and are working to correct a mistake they found immediately. So we have to wait, big deal. I would rather wait a little longer for the best material than hurry up and play with the screw-ups.

That said, I may have missed it, but are there any ETAs as to when we will be able to play?

Always fun to see the little apologists in full force after every patch, when something inevitably goes wrong.

But we are way off from the record here...was it 10-12 hours downtime for 5. whatitsnumber patch...

Edited by ExarSun