PSA: Reminder of livestream today

Celise

Link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9651168&postcount=7

There is a livestream today (assuming it all goes as it should), this will be the one that determines what Bioware has in store for the next few months and beyond for SWTOR.

I doubt that the stream will *determine* what they have in store. More likely it will *reveal* it.

Celise, thanks for the forum reminder - I was expecting something to be in the Dev Tracker but nothing listed in there since the 2nd October.

I doubt that the stream will *determine* what they have in store. More likely it will *reveal* it.

Indeed. I would expect any company to know what they have planned for at least six month. Nothing said during the Livestream will "determine" or alter that.

The 8 hour time difference means it's not on until very late for British and EU customers; for most it will be gone midnight. We must be a very small customer base for them to plan a time that excludes us.

Edited by Sarova

determine means to find out and reveal means to uncover, why are you arguing about nothing for?

Celise, thanks for the forum reminder - I was expecting something to be in the Dev Tracker but nothing listed in there since the 2nd October..

yeah, nothing since and the forum has swallowed up any mention of it as well. may as well put it back up front and center again.

Link:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9651168&postcount=7

There is a livestream today (assuming it all goes as it should), this will be the one that determines what Bioware has in store for the next few months and beyond for SWTOR.

No time listed and no yellow posts (outside of maintenance posts) in the last two weeks.

Wouldn't surprise me to see this cancelled.

determine means to find out and reveal means to uncover, why are you arguing about nothing for?

yeah, nothing since and the forum has swallowed up any mention of it as well. may as well put it back up front and center again.

Thanks for the heads up.

lol at the nit-picking of words you used, "determine" and "reveal" haha. Honestly people just always seem to have to create some sort of debate no matter how irrelevant it is on gaming forums.

A determines B ==> in some sense, A makes B happen / become the case.(1)

A determines *that* B ==> A finds out that B is the case. (The "that" can be implied.)(2)

A reveals B ==> A shows B (to an audience).(3)

So no, the stream does not make the content happen, not does it find out what the content is. It shows the content to us.

That's why I'm arguing about this, because it *isn't* nothing.

(1) "The discussions during the salary review will determine the employee's raise."

(2) "The police determined that the murderer was Tom McTomface." ( = found out )

(2) "The police determined the identity of the murderer." ( = discovered / found out, although we aren't told who )

(3) "The stream will reveal the content of the story." ( = show or unveil )