Bug Event Info

jqualey

Ive hosted my share of ops and events like XP farming Bug events. These happen during double XP and let's you level very fast. Regardless of your opinion of them, I like to do them because usually you meet some great people, while having fun and teaching others the ropes of the event. Ive leveled so many toons the hard way, some times I don't feel like waiting to get a toon to 70 (or command to 300)

Here are some effective guidelines for those who want them...

1. Aggro bugs to main group for group kill. This gives higher EXP than if you want to be a flashy hero and kill them at spawn point or as they are led to main group. This isn't about you, it's about the group. It's also easier to heal the group.

2. Just because you are "lead" Op, the jist isn't to bogart that position for as long as you can. Some will let that position go to their head. Don't be that person.

3. If you are a good op leader, you spend less time killing/healing and more time focusing on the group, teaching newbies, etc. Not RPing in private and using the time, space and position as your personal ERP setting while everyone else does the work.

4. Keep an eye on your group. notice those working hard, not trolling, following the simple guidelines, leaders with no emotional issues so when it's your time to leave, you have a replacement you can be confident leaving the group to. Some pass it back and forth to their guildmates but kids will be kids.

5. Nobody cares about your live stream. It's a waste of bandwidth.

6. When that turd gets kicked for not listening to the guidelines, and they keep aggroing bugs, don't kill those bugs (which will be a different color). Let those bugs kill him.

7. Do ready checks to watch for idlers who just park and leave. Some Ops run to a side area and ask all to follow. This shows who is actively participating and who is idling.

8. Some opt to leave at 70, others want to increase their command rank (which goes to 300)

9. No matter what, you will run into morons. Some will be in the lead position even. It will be up to you to either keep quiet and stay, or speak up and possibly get the boot.

So those are just some tips since I notice many ask what the Bug Event even is. Most of the group are great, but there are some that make it not as pleasant of an experience. Just get what you need and get out.

I notice that you don't actually answer that question here. What is the "Bug Event"?

Ops group with as many you can hold, usually 24 members & go to the Balmorra colicoid area in that room & just kill till your 70.

It's really fast & easy usually.

There is normally at least 2 instances running it. People coming & going throughout.

Ive hosted my share of ops and events like XP farming Bug events. These happen during double XP and let's you level very fast. Regardless of your opinion of them, I like to do them because usually you meet some great people, while having fun and teaching others the ropes of the event. Ive leveled so many toons the hard way, some times I don't feel like waiting to get a toon to 70 (or command to 300)

Here are some effective guidelines for those who want them...

1. Aggro bugs to main group for group kill. This gives higher EXP than if you want to be a flashy hero and kill them at spawn point or as they are led to main group. This isn't about you, it's about the group. It's also easier to heal the group.

2. Just because you are "lead" Op, the jist isn't to bogart that position for as long as you can. Some will let that position go to their head. Don't be that person.

3. If you are a good op leader, you spend less time killing/healing and more time focusing on the group, teaching newbies, etc. Not RPing in private and using the time, space and position as your personal ERP setting while everyone else does the work.

4. Keep an eye on your group. notice those working hard, not trolling, following the simple guidelines, leaders with no emotional issues so when it's your time to leave, you have a replacement you can be confident leaving the group to. Some pass it back and forth to their guildmates but kids will be kids.

5. Nobody cares about your live stream. It's a waste of bandwidth.

6. When that turd gets kicked for not listening to the guidelines, and they keep aggroing bugs, don't kill those bugs (which will be a different color). Let those bugs kill him.

7. Do ready checks to watch for idlers who just park and leave. Some Ops run to a side area and ask all to follow. This shows who is actively participating and who is idling.

8. Some opt to leave at 70, others want to increase their command rank (which goes to 300)

9. No matter what, you will run into morons. Some will be in the lead position even. It will be up to you to either keep quiet and stay, or speak up and possibly get the boot.

So those are just some tips since I notice many ask what the Bug Event even is. Most of the group are great, but there are some that make it not as pleasant of an experience. Just get what you need and get out.

Not quite sure why you thought this was needed. lol Especially to put it in Off Topic. Should be more in like General or New Player.

(RP & ERP in there?! What the heck have you seen in there?! lol :eek:)

Some of those points it doesn't matter. They're just personal preference.

To sum it up it's basically:

1. Bring all bugs to middle.

2. Keep the "tanks" alive as they bring them to group.

3. Kick AFKers.

4. Kick all level 70's if there are low level players asking to get in. CXP grinding is NOT efficient there.

5. If you're a level 70, then leave the group. That's just inconsiderate & rude to stay there when it's faster to gain CXP in other areas of the game.

6. Don't whine when you are kicked at max level & were forewarned.