Security Key

hellthira

Is anyone else having issues with their security key? Mine wouldn't recognize the code it was giving me and now I'm trying to reset it and it won't do that but it for some reason lets me into my account. ?I tried re setting one up but it still won't recognize the code.

Is anyone else having issues with their security key? Mine wouldn't recognize the code it was giving me and now I'm trying to reset it and it won't do that but it for some reason lets me into my account. ?I tried re setting one up but it still won't recognize the code.

If you are still using the physical key, it may be having problems with the battery running low.

If you are using the "8-digit" SWTOR app on your phone, I can't really help, except to suggest looking for a menu command to resynchronise the app.

If you are using the "6-digit" SWTOR app, try the same thing (does not work on the iOS version), and also check to make sure that your phone has the current date and time scrupulously correct. The date and time on the device is part of the calculations for the codes the app generates, and if it is wrong:

* If the phone's time is ahead of "real-world" time (e.g. the phone says 10:37 and the real time is 10:20), the app will generate codes that aren't valid yet (but will become valid when the real-world time catches up with what the phone thinks is the right time - in the example, the code the app generates when it thinks the time is 10:37 will be valid for the servers when their time reaches 10:37).

* If the phone's time is *behind* "real-world" time (phone: 10:20, real-world: 10:37), the app will generate codes that have already expired.

The only way to fix that is to make sure your phone has the right time.

No general issues. the probolpem must be on your end. Try the suggestiosn the dude above me mentioned.

Smartphone app (from Bioware or Google Authenticator for instance) or there are apps for Windows Desktop as well (although the latter circumenvents the security part if you run it on the same machine), examples are Winauth and and an app in the Windows Sore (forgot the name, would go with winauth anyway).