Surprisingly many people O_o

Ralph_Panda

I am really surprised by how many people i am seeing ingame.

Atm just drommund kaas has more than 100 players and many low level planets have 40+ players.

Additionaly both pvp and flashpoint ques are really fast, i wanted to do veteran hammer station and it took less than 1 minute before the que popped, the bolster mechanic really makes the queing up system so much better.

And i gotta admit i am very happy that the classes have kept their skills and now have more compared to most mmorpgs limiting each class to only a handful of skills, all those skills make pvp so much better because there's always something you could have done better.

I am just really surprised Swtor has been going so well since i heard there hasnt been new content for ages and the new expansion is still pretty far away.

I am really surprised by how many people i am seeing ingame.

Atm just drommund kaas has more than 100 players and many low level planets have 40+ players.

Additionaly both pvp and flashpoint ques are really fast, i wanted to do veteran hammer station and it took less than 1 minute before the que popped, the bolster mechanic really makes the queing up system so much better.

And i gotta admit i am very happy that the classes have kept their skills and now have more compared to most mmorpgs limiting each class to only a handful of skills, all those skills make pvp so much better because there's always something you could have done better.

I am just really surprised Swtor has been going so well since i heard there hasnt been new content for ages and the new expansion is still pretty far away.

There are always heaps of people on the starting planets than most other areas or levels, especially at off hours. But as you level up, you find those numbers drop off and by the time you get to level 40-50, they are down to 1/3 of what you see on the starting planets.

What that suggests to me is people are rerolling Alts when they finish the vanilla stories. More than likely a fair number of those you see on the starting planets are F2P people and not paying subscribers. It makes me wonder what the actual mix of subscribers to F2P is in the whole game.

If F2P make up 1/3 (conservatively) or more, wouldn’t that suggest that Bioware need to loosen up or open up some restrictions on them so that subs have more people to play with. I believe Bioware made a mistake by removing paid passes for certain content and by limiting the end game gearing system for F2P.

Let me start by saying I’m not in favour of giving everything to F2P people. Except Bioware set the precedence before 5.0 of giving them most of it. And because of that, I think Bioware need to look at relaxing some of the restrictions that are now in place.

Bioware should open up lowbie and mid pvp restrictions due to lack of participation and only popping arena’s 90% or the time, even during primetime. This is not something many subs are participating in and those that want to are severely limited because there aren’t enough people playing it. Allowing F2P unlimited lowbie and mid access would be healthy for that level of pvp and would greatly help paying subscribers better playing opportunities in those brackets.

They could also bring back paid passes for end game stuff. They could offer a pass to allow F2P to participate in gearing and being able to use it during that the passes life. Or they could open up gearing to tier 1 or 2 so F2P can use gear with ability bonuses. Realistically, F2P are even locked out of crafted gear at lvl 70 because of the high cost and the restriction on how many credits they can have.

Or how how about having a pvp pass that allows F2P full access to all pvp for a week. They could also allow them to collect and wear tiered gear during that pass.

Not everyone wants to or can pay for a full months sub and adding weekly passes for $5 would allow an injection of funds from those people currently limited. This could be introduced to operations and flashpoints too. But Bioware would need to close or greatly reduce the loophole that allows F2P to play pvp without a pass when grouped with subscribers.

Even though its possible some subs may drop to use the passes instead, I think more would money would come into the game to offset those subs. Plus, if they really like pvp after using those passes, they may subs because it’s cheaper than buying 4x $5 passes a month.

So here’s my ideas

• Let F2P have full access to lowbie pvp
    Let F2P have partial access to mid pvp (cap at 20-30 matches per week)

Have $5 weekly paid passes for -

• Level 70 pvp (and unlimited mid pvp) with the ability to use and collecti end game gearing in pvp
    Access to end game gearing in general during the weekly pass
    Access to operations and flash points

If anyone has any other ideas for weekly you should post and let us know.

Edited by Totemdancer

Jep. Same numbers on Darth Malgus than some 1.5 years ago on The Progenitor. Except that Darth Malgus is The Progenitor + Tomb of Freedon Nadd + The Red Eclipse.

Glad you like what you are seeing and it's good that there are players playing. I just can't stop thinking that we have the same numbers now that we previously had on 3 servers - each. Thus, I don't see this as positive as you do and have to point out that, at least on the Darth Malgus server, we seem to have lost the population of two previous servers since the merger (which is less than a year).

My guild had nearly 50 people online at the same time on Friday. Most nights we average about half that, which is still a lot more than I would have expected given the doomsayers claiming guilds are dead, the game is dead etc. Edited by Ardrossan

Jep. Same numbers on Darth Malgus than some 1.5 years ago on The Progenitor. Except that Darth Malgus is The Progenitor + Tomb of Freedon Nadd + The Red Eclipse.

Glad you like what you are seeing and it's good that there are players playing. I just can't stop thinking that we have the same numbers now that we previously had on 3 servers - each. Thus, I don't see this as positive as you do and have to point out that, at least on the Darth Malgus server, we seem to have lost the population of two previous servers since the merger (which is less than a year).

I think the number is based on the shard you are one and currently there's always 2 active shards(not counting pvp one)

what?? this game have many people??! but but but what about our precious subs man! we were going to cancel our subs! this is madness!!

Seriously, SWTOR is really good in my opinion, its only needs more story content and a merciful publisher. I do not want to see BioWare gets shut down, EA murdered many good developers in past.

The imp side for satele shan is isually very populated on fleet but even more on starting sith planets. Pub side though, I was surprised to see fleet at 100 at one point last night. Fleet is usually lower there. Theres still a good amount of people playing, but people need to be more teamplayer friendly as some people’s behavior really make you not try group activities.

I think the number is based on the shard you are one and currently there's always 2 active shards(not counting pvp one)

Do you mean instances?

I'm not sure if you got my point.

One year ago, the server which is nowadays Darth Malgus was 3 individual servers: The Progenitor, The Red Eclipse and Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

This is just a theoretical example now, but I'm sure you get my idea:

October 2017:

TP, republic fleet: 100 people online

TRE, republic fleet: 100 people online

ToFN, republic fleet: 100 people online

Total: 300 people on republic fleet on those 3 servers

October 2018:

DM (aka TP+TRE+ToFN combined), republic fleet: 130 people online

Total: 130 people online on this server which used to be 3 servers

While I agree that it is nice to see those 130 people (and many more on other planets and instances), the question remains: where are those other 170 people that used to be on the republic fleet?

Sidenote: There were 21 rep players online in the PvE instance of the Czerka daily area this evening due to 2xXP + the current Conquest. There was not one red opponent on the whole map. ;)

Do you mean instances?

I'm not sure if you got my point.

One year ago, the server which is nowadays Darth Malgus was 3 individual servers: The Progenitor, The Red Eclipse and Tomb of Freedon Nadd.

This is just a theoretical example now, but I'm sure you get my idea:

October 2017:

TP, republic fleet: 100 people online

TRE, republic fleet: 100 people online

ToFN, republic fleet: 100 people online

Total: 300 people on republic fleet on those 3 servers

October 2018:

DM (aka TP+TRE+ToFN combined), republic fleet: 130 people online

Total: 130 people online on this server which used to be 3 servers

While I agree that it is nice to see those 130 people (and many more on other planets and instances), the question remains: where are those other 170 people that used to be on the republic fleet?

Sidenote: There were 21 rep players online in the PvE instance of the Czerka daily area this evening due to 2xXP + the current Conquest. There was not one red opponent on the whole map. ;)

You might also consider the amount of people who are not on fleet. Such as, on their guild ships, on their personal ships, on planets, in uprisings, in warzones, in arenas, in flashpoints, in heroics, in Operations, and in other instances of all of the above.

As far as the Republic goes. Republic always has less than the Empire, that's always been the case, less people play the Republic than the Empire for whatever reasons they may have.

I have 3 instances of fleet on Star Forge at 4 am sometimes. I have no problem with populations at any time for any area of play. If Star Forge stays as it is right now forever and never sees an population increase [which of course I would still welcome of course] I'll never have any cause to complain about population.

I get it is the biggest server with the highest population, but just because it is bigger doesn't mean other servers are "small" or "dead", just understandably smaller.

I don't believe for one second that SS is dead or dieing. Ranked is has issues getting players because there is a ton of cheating that goes on in Ranked and people who play competitve play like totally like to get a fair shake at it especially when D-Bags like to use rating they got by cheating to serve as a basis to call people who didn't cheat bad.

Ranked has population issues even on Star Forge for the very same reasons. You don't base population issues on the least played and respected form of play. You get pops for regs at 4:30am in two minutes and can do Operations 24/7. If that's dead or dying, than call me one of the Walking Dead.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx