A PvP a Day: Part Two

Gelious

First of all my sincere apologies to Domi, Banderal and everybody else who was involved in previous thread. I didn't want to steal or copy it, but I just found out my recent posts there were deleated, and i received a warning for necroposting from mods. So... here we go again.:o

Things I learned in warzone's recently:

Ancient Hypergate: Never guard pylon without your CC break available. Seems kinda obvious, but combined with the facts that you never know when you will have to use it, it's long cooldown, and other people running away after the cap... it happens anyway.

So here I was guarding on my merc, near the end of 1 round, and I get sapped, pylon gets capped, and we go from being toe-to-toe with enemy to being doomed. My team takes it rather well, and even though some people are actually happy the match will end sooner, continues to fight.

What follows is one of the most epic comebacks of AHG I have ever seen. For two rounds at least we manage to hold our pylon, while denying enemy theirs. When they finally get it we are ahead again. And because universe was really determined to teach me a lesson, I end up guarding in last round again, with no CC break. But this time, I do inform my team, and they send help, and we win.

Quesball: watch where you are passing. So here I was, climbing to enemy goal, somebody got there before me, I attempt to pass the ball to them. But my targeting is all messed up and the ball not only goes in completely opposite direction, it lands on an enemy. who proceed to score first point of the match. For a while we coudn't score, and I was beginning to think I single handedly lost the wz (which I hate), then we finally scored twice. And another time, in a different match I actually passed to a half-dead mara, who was immediately stunned from behind, and the ball went to enemy.

Civil War: some stealthers are weird. Or noobs. Or trolls. I honestly cant figure that out, and it bothers me a lot. The fact is: on 2 separate matches me and a stealther capped our side, I went to help others, only to come back and find the stealther staying in stealth on top of a gun unmoving, and a beam of light emerging from behind him. The gun was lost, the stealther left shortly after. The hell? Anyway, we managed to turn the first match around by an epic 3 cap, but not the second one. Now I become paranoid each time I see a stealther guarding a gun:confused:

Novare Coast: Going 1vs1 with Snave is bad idea, which will result in my death. Not that I didnt know that, but seeing as we were losing that wz, I was guarding our sole node, and Snave was the one coming again and again, I didnt have much choice in the matter. The final score was around 3:1, which means I was killed 3 times, and Snave only once, and only because a sin hanging nearby helped me. But god, the burst of his operative is insane. I only saw my merc's health drop that fast when a Fury mara gets to me:D

Voidstar: Some Deathmatchers are especially stubborn when it comes to duels. So we broke through the first door and got the bridges. and a merc engages my merc. We do pew-pew for a while, but our dcd are on so nobody dies, A message about another bomb is heard, but we continue, He retreats to the corridor behind the bridge, then all the way into the first area of Voidstar. At which point I decide enough is enough, and hurry forward. The second door is busted, the forcefield is lifted. I get to opposite door just in time to CC yet another merc with concussion charge and let an operative plant.

Novare Coast and AHG: Sometimes a strategy works, sometimes it doesn't. I was in que with 2 juggernauts, who were pvping together. On Novare they always went for enemy side. In first match it didn't quite work. Especially after we took the mid and they went enemy side anyway. "Mid is too difficult to defend" they told me, when I tried to get them to defend what we have. They were unsuccessful in taking side and we proceeded to lost mid, as well as wz. Then there was another Novare, where they actually took the side straight away *shrug*

Then comes the AHG. Juggs on the opposite team, and as expected, they mess with out pylon so we spend the 1 round without it. I warn my team about. them. The juggs continue to come to our pylon, but now we are taking theirs. At some point we manage to even get both.

In the end I simply stood near our pylon and watched them deathmatch on the far edges of it with some of our guys. I would have gone to help, but i have hard-learned rule of never leaving the defended node unwatched. (Last time I was seduced by heavily wounded enemy running away from me, another guard was sapped and a Voidstar door got capped. We won that match anyway, but it left bad taste in my mind)

P.S. Had 2 epic queshballs won by "whoever is holding the ball atm" Lost the first one, with the ball snatched right under my nose, boy, was I pissed. In the second I got to ball in time but had to hold the ball for about 40 seconds. Imagine my horror when I checked the debuff to see it will expire around roughly the same time as match ends or maybe seconds before. Fortunately I was surrounded by friendlies and managed to pick a moment of calm to pass the ball to a sage.

Also an awesome Proving Grounds that looked to be a lost cause, but the nods just kept changing and being turned off, and in the end we had 2 and enemy had 1. When we won they had 591 point. I like to think I contributed

my share when I walked into a node guarded by Snave and switched it off.:D

First of all my sincere apologies to Domi, Banderal and everybody else who was involved in previous thread. I didn't want to steal or copy it, but I just found out my recent posts there were deleated, and i received a warning for necroposting from mods. So... here we go again.:o

Wow, really? I guess the mods don't really have a clue about that thread. And certainly no ownership of it was ever claimed by anyone (as if you can even do that in public forums). Even the original poster, Domi, in one of those posts early on, "abdicates" all ownership. :D

Ancient Hypergate: Never guard pylon without your CC break available. Seems kinda obvious, but combined with the facts that you never know when you will have to use it, it's long cooldown, and other people running away after the cap... it happens anyway.

Yep. I learned that the hard way too. Well, actually, I already knew it, but I had a game a long time ago on that map where we had a good lead, and I went to the pylon to help guard, so we'd have 2. The other guy immediately leaves. I am literally in the middle of chat typing "don't leave, my breaker is down, just came to have 2 guards for safety" (or something like that), and I get Cc'd and the cap. :( I had manage to change my chat message to "capping! cc breaker down", and the guy who left starts chat-yelling at me "you shouldn't come to replace the guard with your breaker down". Whatever. So now I don't even go to help the pylon if my breaker is down... lesson learned. Er, that was the lesson, right? Don't answer inc calls?

And because universe was really determined to teach me a lesson, I end up guarding in last round again, with no CC break. But this time, I do inform my team, and they send help, and we win.

Nice comeback! Yeah, in reality I get "left" guarding a lot also, and if my breaker is down, I chat it and include how long before it's back up. Sometimes someone will stick around, sometimes not.

Quesball: watch where you are passing. So here I was, climbing to enemy goal, somebody got there before me, I attempt to pass the ball to them. But my targeting is all messed up and the ball not only goes in completely opposite direction, it lands on an enemy. who proceed to score first point of the match. For a while we coudn't score, and I was beginning to think I single handedly lost the wz (which I hate), then we finally scored twice. And another time, in a different match I actually passed to a half-dead mara, who was immediately stunned from behind, and the ball went to enemy.

I've done that first one way too often. Usually because I'm desperate to pass, and stunned, and hammering on the pass key. I always pass by single-keytap, and then move the target circle to where I want it and then click to pass (you know, the original way to pass). But in the pass-pass-pass-I'm-about-to-die! situation, then it registers as a double tap when I come out of the stun and so it passes to whoever I have targeted, which is usually the enemy killing me.

The stun version is new as of the "balance patch", which is when they added that you can't catch the ball if stunned. I actually like that, since I've managed to do it to a few people on purpose to stop the other side from scoring. :D

Civil War: some stealthers are weird. Or noobs. Or trolls. I honestly cant figure that out, and it bothers me a lot. The fact is: on 2 separate matches me and a stealther capped our side, I went to help others, only to come back and find the stealther staying in stealth on top of a gun unmoving, and a beam of light emerging from behind him. The gun was lost, the stealther left shortly after. The hell? Anyway, we managed to turn the first match around by an epic 3 cap, but not the second one. Now I become paranoid each time I see a stealther guarding a gun:confused:

That's not just stealthers, it's just that if a non-stealther is guarding, then if someone goes to try to steal the node they will almost always just attack the guy they can see standing there. Try running up and just starting the cap instead. That will work sometimes.

But mostly when that kind of thing happens, I chalk it up to the person being alt-tabbed out to a different program on their computer. They don't care about the match, and are just there for "I was here" awards.

Novare Coast: Going 1vs1 with Snave is bad idea, which will result in my death. Not that I didnt know that, but seeing as we were losing that wz, I was guarding our sole node, and Snave was the one coming again and again, I didnt have much choice in the matter. The final score was around 3:1, which means I was killed 3 times, and Snave only once, and only because a sin hanging nearby helped me. But god, the burst of his operative is insane. I only saw my merc's health drop that fast when a Fury mara gets to me:D

Pft, I killed snave on the pts. Granted, he had the ball in a huttball, and the entire team was helping... but I got the killing blow once! And I'm pretty sure there's an achievement for that in the game somewhere. :p

But yeah, any good operative gives me a rough time of it. People say "play one to learn how to counter", and I did play an operative for a while, and I sucked at it, so I still didn't really learn how to counter. :(

Novare Coast and AHG: Sometimes a strategy works, sometimes it doesn't.

"FOCUS THE HEALER YOU @#$*(@! IDIOTS!" - said when there's 3 healers. :p

..."Mid is too difficult to defend" they told me...

I'm sorry what? You must have misread them. They must have meant mid is too easy to defend, and therefore no challenge for them? :confused: I'm not sure how anyone could conclude that "the other side"'s node is easier to hold than mid.

... I would have gone to help, but i have hard-learned rule of never leaving the defended node unwatched. (Last time I was seduced by heavily wounded enemy running away from me, another guard was sapped and a Voidstar door got capped....

You know there's the whole thing that birds do where they pretend to have a crippled wing to lure predators away from their nests. I think a lot of people in PvP are less intelligent than the birds. :p

P.S. Had 2 epic queshballs won by "whoever is holding the ball atm" ...

Those are the best games, imho, hands down. Bioware could create a huttball-only-game and I'd pay a subscription to play that with decent teams on both sides that actually wanted to play huttball. Maybe even if it still included the Quesh map. And, new huttball map coming Oct 2nd! (I think, it's still scheduled for then, right?)

Wow, really? I guess the mods don't really have a clue about that thread. And certainly no ownership of it was ever claimed by anyone (as if you can even do that in public forums). Even the original poster, Domi, in one of those posts early on, "abdicates" all ownership. :D

They mod heavy on necro threads, no more fun on the forums I guess.

Honestly, the original thread by Domi is history, years of history. For them to delete posts on that and also determine it can no longer be posted on is heartless and shows they have lost total grasp of what is harmless fun and what should be punishable.

I hope Keith or someone sees this and lets us post on that original thread by Domi. Unbelievable that thread has been dumped in the garbage now by some mod.

Edited by Lhancelot

Proof! Snave hacks!!!!!! :rak_01:

I hope Keith or someone sees this and lets us post on that original thread by Domi. Unbelievable that thread has been dumped in the garbage now by some mod.

It's not been dumped anywhere. They deleted all the posts after 09.19.2017 but the thread is still there and opened. I just didn't want to risk posting there again.

It's not been dumped anywhere. They deleted all the posts after 09.19.2017 but the thread is still there and opened. I just didn't want to risk posting there again.

If you cannot post on it because it's considered a "necro" thread, then essentially it's been dumped in the garbage.

The point of that thread was to have a continuous thread that people could post experiences on, to not allow it now because it's considered a necro thread is shortsighted and dumb imo.

Sometimes rules ought to bend and it's clear the history of that thread is not understood.

I aint surprised nothing is sacred here and all we can do is shrug and so "oh well."

Ancient Hypergate: Never guard pylon without your CC break available.

Let me spare you from learning the follow-up lesson the hard way. Not only "don't solo guard the pylon without CC break," but also "never stand near the pylon while guarding."

A stealther, be that an Operative/Scoundrel, or a Sin/Shadow, can still ninja that pylon EVEN IF YOUR CC BREAK IS AVAILABLE ... if you're close enough to the pylon.

You see, if you're close enough that a sneaky stealther can Stealth-CC you AND THEN instantly start channeling the pylon, you are forced to use your CC break, or they will finish the channel 1 second before the CC ends. But as soon as you break that CC, they can and will Flash Bang you, or Lift you, or Combat-Restealth and re-Stealh-CC you. And they can again immediately channel the pylon. And they will finish before you can do anything but watch in helpless horror.

If you stand far enough away from the pylon that they can't INSTANTLY channel it after the initial application of Stealth-CC, then you don't even need your CC break. Just spam your ranged attack while patiently waiting for their CC to naturally expire, and you will always stop them, even with only a split second to spare.

The only way you can lose in the role of "solo-guard smartly standing away from the pylon" is if TWO stealthers, tightly coordinated, manhandle you. One of them CC's you, the other nabs the pylon. But honestly, you SHOULD lose as a single player against 2 others working effectively in tandem. That's an exceedingly rare thing though. 95% of the time, "Solo Guard standing away from the pylon" renders the pylon un-ninja-able.

Edited by Seelvir

So here I was guarding on my merc, near the end of 1 round, and I get sapped, pylon gets capped, and we go from being toe-to-toe with enemy to being doomed. My team takes it rather well, and even though some people are actually happy the match will end sooner, continues to fight.

What follows is one of the most epic comebacks of AHG I have ever seen. For two rounds at least we manage to hold our pylon, while denying enemy theirs. When they finally get it we are ahead again. And because universe was really determined to teach me a lesson, I end up guarding in last round again, with no CC break. But this time, I do inform my team, and they send help, and we win.

Voidstar: Some Deathmatchers are especially stubborn when it comes to duels. So we broke through the first door and got the bridges. and a merc engages my merc. We do pew-pew for a while, but our dcd are on so nobody dies, A message about another bomb is heard, but we continue, He retreats to the corridor behind the bridge, then all the way into the first area of Voidstar. At which point I decide enough is enough, and hurry forward. The second door is busted, the forcefield is lifted. I get to opposite door just in time to CC yet another merc with concussion charge and let an operative plant.

Novare Coast and AHG: Sometimes a strategy works, sometimes it doesn't. I was in que with 2 juggernauts, who were pvping together. On Novare they always went for enemy side. In first match it didn't quite work. Especially after we took the mid and they went enemy side anyway. "Mid is too difficult to defend" they told me, when I tried to get them to defend what we have. They were unsuccessful in taking side and we proceeded to lost mid, as well as wz. Then there was another Novare, where they actually took the side straight away *shrug*

Then comes the AHG. Juggs on the opposite team, and as expected, they mess with out pylon so we spend the 1 round without it. I warn my team about. them. The juggs continue to come to our pylon, but now we are taking theirs. At some point we manage to even get both.

In the end I simply stood near our pylon and watched them deathmatch on the far edges of it with some of our guys. I would have gone to help, but i have hard-learned rule of never leaving the defended node unwatched. (Last time I was seduced by heavily wounded enemy running away from me, another guard was sapped and a Voidstar door got capped. We won that match anyway, but it left bad taste in my mind)

P.S. Had 2 epic queshballs won by "whoever is holding the ball atm" Lost the first one, with the ball snatched right under my nose, boy, was I pissed. In the second I got to ball in time but had to hold the ball for about 40 seconds. Imagine my horror when I checked the debuff to see it will expire around roughly the same time as match ends or maybe seconds before. Fortunately I was surrounded by friendlies and managed to pick a moment of calm to pass the ball to a sage.

Also an awesome Proving Grounds that looked to be a lost cause, but the nods just kept changing and being turned off, and in the end we had 2 and enemy had 1. When we won they had 591 point. I like to think I contributed

my share when I walked into a node guarded by Snave and switched it off.:D

Not that I would report it but posting about getting a warning from mods is also grounds for having a post removed. I should know... it happens to me a lot lol