Why do people prefer to fight over conquest rampage mobs?

Screaming_Ziva

I always do my conquest rampages in the same places. Everyone now and then, I'll see another person killing the mobs in that area which means they are most likely doing rampage as well. I'll whisper them asking if they're doing rampage and usually get no reply. Sometimes the person will reply and we'll group up but it seems that, most of the time, my whispers will just go unanswered. I'll then see the person running ahead of me and aggroing multiple mobs in front of me so they get them for their kill count. In cases like this, I'll usually switch to another instance of the planet but, if there is only one instance open, I have to sit there and fight for mobs with someone else. Why would people prefer to do this instead of grouping up to make things much quicker?

Well, I don't fight, if I see someone in the area I'll stop where I am and cool my heels until they're gone, or go the other way. I do whatever I can not to get in anyone's way.

I can't speak for anyone else but this is why I don't group for these or other things:

1. I would rather eat glass than group with strangers.

2. I play with a lag, so it actually wouldn't be faster and you'd essentially have a freeloader. I'm on such a delay that when I've grouped with friends it's basically me watching them run ahead. By the time I get to their location the mobs are dead.

3. I probably don't even see your whisper, because all my characters have communication channels turned off.

4. I don't know where you are with the rampage. For all you know I have 20 NPCs left while you have 110 left. When I'm done I'd like to leave and not hang around to kill more mobs.

5. I've had very bad experiences on the few times I've teamed up with strangers.

6. I may or may not be playing straight through. I'm often stopping to do other things, stretch, give my wrists a break, or whatever.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Personally, I don't. If I'm doing a rampage, first I'll do any heroics or dailies on that planet, then I'll do any side quests I haven't done on that planet, then I'll work on any kill achievements I have left on that planet. If I've already done all that, then I'll find a dense spawn with a quick respawn to grind. I will happily group up when I'm grinding, but I might not see a whisper. I don't pay much attention while I'm grinding and I'm often on a different chat tab.

I'll group if I absolutely need to, but not because I'm feeling competitive or antisocial (well quite often antisocial, but I'd rather move somewhere else than get into a drawn out *********** contest with some random yahoo). Frankly I dislike grouping for stuff because I like to pick up my loot. And if I'm grouped with someone, they almost always loot first, and I have to click several times, usually while the other person/people gets farther away, leaves more loot I have to click several times for, etc.

When the day comes that they fix the stupid looting issue, I'll be happier to group with other people. Well, a little happier, I guess.

On the topic of group looting, I absolutely despise seeing purple loot beams for other people's loot. Sometimes I'll think, "hey, something purple, that'll vendor for a few credits" but in actuality it's the other person who gets a purple, not me. Sigh.

Edited by Macarrin

I rarely group for simple things like rampages and heroics for many reasons such as:

1. I usually multi-task while doing rampages/heroics/dailies by being in que for MM flashpoints or pvp.

2. I also tend to run crew missions - it's awkward to stop everthing to collect mission rewards and send them out again while in the middle of doing some group thing.

3. I only do conquest with my end-game top-geared characters with level 50 influence companions. I don't think grouping will speed things up at all. Even my healers can get rampages in 15 minutes or so at the right locations.

3. Some people get clingy when you group with them.

hello.

it is great that you don't ninja invite them and ask via chat. i would answer,

but maybe the most just don't notice it, if hey don't have a modified chat window.

but the reason, not to team up is that it is just a misbelief, that you can speed it up,

by doing it in a group. the only part you can speed up is killing the enemies. but the

most enemies you kill are that low, that they die within a second. so there is no real

improvement by speeding this up.

but there are reasons not to team up:

- mates are running different routes

- mates are out of range

- mates are ruining bonus quests

- loading screens

- afk ppl

- pulling not needed mobs

- looting time

my answer is more related to h2 quests, then doing the chaos mobs,

cause there are several spots with very low enemies with a real fast

respawn time, you better could use for a chaos quests (like the tatooine tent).

and there are even more reasons, not to team up,

by ignoring the time aspect. for example many ppl are

doing such things, while being listed to gsf and pvp. so

this would anger you even more, if they are away in the

middle of a quest. or maybe they know, that they have to

be afk again and again, cause washing maschine finishes soon,

or pizza boy is coming. whatever.

so don't judge them. mostly there is a reason not to team up,

some selfishly, some not.

I'll send "ninja invites" in some cases.

Some people actually accept.

Usually I'm running two toons (two computers side by side...not botting....botting is bad) and already in a group.

Generally, when I do that, I'd rather use my two toons and their companions which I KNOW how they'll behave, then let a strange in to throw off my rhythm.

Rampages are usually pretty fast and the planets are big. Lots of places to go.

I saw a 16-20 person ops group once farming mobs for rampages where I was planning on going. I found a different place.

The ONLY time I feel there is a legitimate reason to gripe out it is if someone's farming mobs that you need to complete quests outside of rampage.

How often do you need to do more than the planetary heroics to get rampage goals, though? Every time I've bothered to do them, I've beaten the rampage goals before I've run out of "things to do" on planet.

I mean, I haven't been efficient about running the heroics, but I haven't needed to go very far out of my way, either.

I always take the Heroics on the Rampage planet and unless you're skipping the bonus kill series you're going to get 150 easy. The only planet where I came up short was Corellia, and even then I was at like 120-something or whatever. I know I didn't have to kill but a handful of extra mobs.

if you take a closer look to every h2 on every planet,

you will find enough planets with less than 150 enemies,

in all h2, by doing a clear run.

tatooing imp (138), voss imp (77), ...

but i don't think, that this is the biggest problem.

just take a look at voss rep. there you have to kill

a vorantikus, with a long respawn time. on other

planets you have consoles with a longer respawn.

what about nar shaddaa rep with killing the arena fighters.

they are limited too, and all are not in a phase.

i really can understand, why there is a wish to group up

for a special single task. and this is totally okay. but spoken

generally, there are much more reasons against a group,

than for. the times for this insane credit boost are over.

Edited by fabsus

Republic Voss and Republic Corellia based heroics are horrible, especially compared to their Imperial counterparts.

I NEVER do them.

One thing I've started doing for rampage / heroics is exiting a phased heroic and resetting the phase via your toon picture/profile (right click on it). That respawns the npcs in the phase w/o changing the status of your objectives.

Just don't finish the Heroic before you do that.

if you take a closer look to every h2 on every planet,

you will find enough planets with less than 150 enemies,

in all h2, by doing a clear run.

tatooing imp (138), voss imp (77), ...

but i don't think, that this is the biggest problem.

just take a look at voss rep. there you have to kill

a vorantikus, with a long respawn time. on other

planets you have consoles with a longer respawn.

what about nar shaddaa rep with killing the arena fighters.

they are limited too, and all are not in a phase.

i really can understand, why there is a wish to group up

for a special single task. and this is totally okay. but spoken

generally, there are much more reasons against a group,

than for. the times for this insane credit boost are over.

So don't do a minimum run? Kill everything that moves in an instance, etc. If you have to go nail NPCs outside the heroic zones, that's usually even quicker than doing so in them.

Well, I rarely do rampages or dailies but when I do...

I don't group because I'm bored out of my mind doing them;

I'm slow because I have something like Netflix or Twitch open on second screen that I keep staring most of the time. I probably wont see whispers in time and usually just decline group invites, because I'm not gonna pay attention to what the other guy is doing when I'm watching my other screen.

I might stop doing whatever I was doing randomly if something especially interesting I don't wanna miss is happening on screen, I might get up and go make coffee mid quest, deviate my attention to conversation elsewhere...

Daily grin is something I do as a secondary action, not primary, so I don't feel invested enough to respect or be respected by other grinders to group for whatever menial task it is we're doing. They'd probably be disappointed by my lack of interest in the entire activity and I wouldn't blame them, they'd be exactly right :p

If you get no response it is possible the person just missed a tell.

I know I've already been grinding away solo at something or another and have gotten pokes on Discord from friends drawing attention to a missed tell. It's easy to zone out when doing content that isn't challenging and to have a tell get missed in all the mob kill / loot spam notifications, plus General Chat if that is also turned on.

I'm sure in some cases it's just people who don't want to group, who for whatever reason won't send a note to politely decline. It's also possible though that some are just zoned out with the mindless grinding.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Even though I have a tab just for whispers, I can miss it by not paying attention. If I see I'll respond. Esp whispers, blanket invites not so much, they are only guessing what I'm doing. Unless its somewhere where I'm waiting for a particular NPC to spawn and someone else comes and is waiting then I'll blanket invite w/o whisper. We both know why we are there. They can take or not.

I've read above, the folks who don't want to play with yahoos, strangers, etc,but sometimes you may run into someone you wouldn't mind to group with now and then, and they you. You miss that chance if you don't take a chance.

Had to kill like an additional 50 or so on the current Oricon Rampage after dailies, but that took less than 5 minutes. I don't see why it's an issue really. I haven't done the SoR stuff so the Rishi Rampage took me a little longer (had to ride out to find mobs etc.) but I still did it in prob less than 30 mins just running around killing random stuff. Also on Rishi you're put at level 62 or something weird and those little yellow-named crabs on the water area (level 9) count for you, so make sure you one-shot those things while you're killing other mobs. Going to assume all such mobs count, like the womp rats on Tat.