tier 5 gear made only by crafting - again players will quit

Uebli

IMHO it's perfectly reasonable to be concerned about it now, and it affects more than raiders. The mats for crafting the higher tier gear are already very expensive and hard to find, but right now there's also a choice to go the GC/UC route. If the only route is going to be NiM/MM Ops it's going to be problematic. Even if the schematics and mats are on the GTN, we're talking people probably paying several million for each piece of gear with no other route to earn it.

And right now IIRC they are saying that they are not going to tune the Ops/content to the new gear level, but they're also tuning KOTFE/KOTET up to 70, so who knows if that will hold in the future.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

You have no evidence on how things will work. so it's just overeacting. nothing more
It'll be crafted and it'll be "rare" (their words) - the Developers have confirmed that, in fact, here is Keith's actual quote from the roadmap: "Crafted Tier 5 Gear – make your own top tier gear after obtaining rare schematics and new crafting materials" . How is that "no evidence" exactly??

And when do you suggest people voice their concerns? After it's released? Because we know the Devs just looove going back and fixing things nobody was bright enough to bring up before a system was designed. Should PvPers just shut up and assume it won't impact them negatively, when gear absolutely has an impact? When do YOU think the right time to say something is?

It'll be crafted and it'll be "rare" (their words) - the Developers have confirmed that, in fact, here is Keith's actual quote from the roadmap: "Crafted Tier 5 Gear – make your own top tier gear after obtaining rare schematics and new crafting materials" . How is that "no evidence" exactly??

And when do you suggest people voice their concerns? After it's released? Because we know the Devs just looove going back and fixing things nobody was bright enough to bring up before a system was designed. Should PvPers just shut up and assume it won't impact them negatively, when gear absolutely has an impact? When do YOU think the right time to say something is?

The top tier aug schematics were also rare.....dropping like 50% of the time on trash mobs in solo mode.

it is a maximum two hour work for a developer to change the place where those schematic/materials will be dropped.

and pts will be on air for much longer than those 2 weeks for pvp map testing. there will be a whole operation which needs to be balanced. izax was one boss and was on pts for more than 5 weeks. so easy to do those 2 hours of work to change te metric.

And you work at Bioware and know all of this as a fact? Talk about making assumptions on zero information. At least our gearing conversations have a basis of information from Bioware, you are just pulling stuff out of thin air.

That is not how you decide a system. There is a lot more at stake than just moving where things drop. You really have no idea about project management.

Edited by Totemdancer

Name some bad decisions that needed to be reversed? Generally their data has shown improvements with most of the changes this current regime has made. Unless of course, when you say bad decisions, you are talking about your opinion with no supportive data.

Are you serious? Are you wearing rose colour glasses?

How about the whole last 18 months?

Just about everything they’ve done from 5.0 needed to be fixed. It took them 10 months just to make this current gearing system livable and it’s still rubbish.

(Let me point out that Bioware were told by their own NDA testers, 4-6 weeks before 5.0 was released, that the gearing system was terrible. Bioware did not listen)

What about conquest. It’s still not right and it drove people away.

What about moving the west coast server to the east coast. That should never have happened and they didn’t say anything ahead of time because they new it would be badly received.

I could keep listing them, but I think most people get the idea.

Edited by Totemdancer

Are you serious? Are you wearing rose colour glasses?

How about the whole last 18 months?

Just about everything they’ve done from 5.0 needed to be fixed. It took them 10 months just to make this current gearing system livable and it’s still rubbish.

(Let me point out that Bioware were told by their own NDA testers, 4-6 weeks before 5.0 was released, that the gearing system was terrible. Bioware did not listen)

What about conquest. It’s still not right and it drove people away.

What about moving the west coast server to the east coast. That should never have happened and they didn’t say anything ahead of time because they new it would be badly received.

I could keep listing them, but I think most people get the idea.

Still waiting. The gearing system is arguably one of the best the game and mmos has seen, in many peoples opinions. Ive posted more about the loot system on other posts, so no need to dwell more. And we dont know any details behind the server change, so everything is speculation.

But hey, ive seen homeless beggers complain about only getting a dollar from a stranger, so anyone can find something to complain about if they want to.

Still waiting. The gearing system is arguably one of the best the game and mmos has seen, in many peoples opinions. Ive posted more about the loot system on other posts, so no need to dwell more. And we dont know any details behind the server change, so everything is speculation.

But hey, ive seen homeless beggers complain about only getting a dollar from a stranger, so anyone can find something to complain about if they want to.

We are all entitled to our own opinions and mine is this is current gearing the worst gearing system this game has every had. I’m also not alone in thinking that.

So I would definitely argue that it’s not one of the best, IMHO, it’s the worst.

Edited by Totemdancer

Well I wouldn't *Quit over this, but at the same time I have no intention of *Driving myself (Rat Race) to ever have it either. I get what I get and always seem to do fine so this "Keeping up with the Joneses" and "Donkey and the Carrot" thing really isn't very Important. Seems they're trying to get people to do what offers these,...... to those that Need, "Have to Have it" that is. Edited by MikeCobalt

• 3 weeks later...

lol.... now after a few weeks i read more and more posts where players are complaining about the new (and only) way to get the new tier 5 gear. When i make the posts many write me "stop complaining" "that is no reason to quit" ..... and when i look now in the forum, and talked to other players wich play only pvp, IT IS an reason for many players to quit game .

i not played swtor since i know that , when i read that the devs will something change i will maybe return.... but found already other nice game with a good pvp content

I like most of the changes but that is probably not the wisest one.

If I understand everything right MM groups/guilds will dictate insane who... prices. Not good for the game I believe but on the other hand I'm not one of the neverending whiners and could easily adapt and we are on the way to MM anyway with my guild.

For pure PVPers not in a MM group/guild it might be a problem though.

lol.... now after a few weeks i read more and more posts where players are complaining about the new (and only) way to get the new tier 5 gear. When i make the posts many write me "stop complaining" "that is no reason to quit" ..... and when i look now in the forum, and talked to other players wich play only pvp, IT IS an reason for many players to quit game .

i not played swtor since i know that , when i read that the devs will something change i will maybe return.... but found already other nice game with a good pvp content

As revealed this week in the livestream.... crafting is NOT the only way to get the new tier 5 gear.