Bring Back The Bastion

Yeldah_

Bastion server was undeniably better than Satele Shan is now. Connectivity to Satele is utter rubbish. Your server "upgrade" was not an upgrade at all Bio-ware. Every time you do a merge connectivity is worse than it was pre-merge. Now I see people ************ for another merge; advocating for a mega-server for North America.

I have said this before and I will say it again. A server merge will not magically solve your expectations for how fast you get your beloved queue pop. This is an idiotic short term solution that does not address the real issues.

Star Wars the Old Republic needs more servers not less.

BRING BACK BASTION.

Edited by Yeldah_
elaboration

Bastion server was undeniably better than Satele Shan is now. Connectivity to Satele is utter rubbish. Your server "upgrade" was not an upgrade at all Bio-ware. Every time you do a merge connectivity is worse than it was pre-merge. Now I see people ************ for another merge; advocating for a mega-server for North America.

I have said this before and I will say it again. A server merge will not magically solve your expectations for how fast you get your beloved queue pop. This is an idiotic short term solution that does not address the real issues.

BRING BACK BASTION.

Bastion was one of the most dead servers in the game before the merge. It was a pvp server and you couldnt pvp.

Um, you seemed to have missed out on the whole west coast debacle. Re-check forums where we rip EAware a new one about dumping their west coast data center. We're all East coast now and the APAC folks got the buh bye notice. You're late to the parteh, but did you bring any goodies?:D

Um, you seemed to have missed out on the whole west coast debacle. Re-check forums where we rip EAware a new one about dumping their west coast data center. We're all East coast now and the APAC folks got the buh bye notice. You're late to the parteh, but did you bring any goodies?:D

I am APAC and I'm not buried yet.

Star Wars the Old Republic needs more servers not less.

BRING BACK BASTION.

I'm not sure why you're complaining about server upgrades. If you're APAC those wouldn't have affected connectivity to them. Bringing back the Bastion would just put that server on newer hardware anyway, it's not like they're going to go dig up the old hardware they used for it. Also, adding another server wouldn't solve your connection issues because even if they added another server it would still be on the east coast of the U.S. A better suggestion you could make is for them to move Satele Shan to the west coast of the U.S. - which many others have suggested before.

I don't want more mergers though so we can agree on that part I guess.

A better suggestion you could make is for them to move Satele Shan to the west coast of the U.S. - which many others have suggested before.

I don't want more mergers though so we can agree on that part I guess.

This is exactly what I have said ever since United Forces patch. I will continue to advocate for a west coast server (Bastion was west coast) until the game is shut down.

It is "funny" how both the Bastion and the Harbinger were more populated than Satale Shan pre-merge. The Harbinger was the most populated server, and now merged with the Bastion, Satale Shan is a cemetary.

... your numbers are more than a little dubious. Harbinger maybe, but Bastion? lol

It is "funny" how both the Bastion and the Harbinger were more populated than Satale Shan pre-merge. The Harbinger was the most populated server, and now merged with the Bastion, Satale Shan is a cemetary.

Bastion was a ghost town for the year leading up to the last server merge... so your claim is simply false in this regard.

As to if Harbinger had a larger active population at merge then SS does today.. is debatable. Just because queues are slower and fleet populations are apparently lower today then when SS was launched.. is a subjective measure and there is simply no way to verify it one way or the other.

Edited by Andryah

This thread is not about population. It is about connectivity.

Then why not make the topic of the thread about what you are actually upset about ... rather then this provocative and false thread title.

Bastion was a ghost town.. so your thread title is designed to provoke discussion and misunderstanding. I suggest you retitle the thread to something along the lines of "we need a west coast server, for the benefit of APAC players". That would at least be honest and foster honest discussion.

This is exactly what I have said ever since United Forces patch. I will continue to advocate for a west coast server (Bastion was west coast) until the game is shut down.

Good luck with that lost cause. They made a business decision and they are exceedingly unlikely to reconsider. There simply are not enough APAC players (not in the past, and certainly not now) to warrant what you demand. We could all wish it was different.. but it is what it is.

Not to mention.. you are being redundant here...... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=935659

Edited by Andryah