Returning player - Its been almost a year. Can I please have some advice

Discotrash

Hi SWTOR players,

After reading and watching a few YouTube videos I fancy checking out the game again. Its been almost a year since I last played. I've been a casual player since SWTOR first got its released, but I only have the one max level character at the moment. A Sith Sorcerer. So, I'm looking for a few pointers on which way to progress a bit more in terms of content. Here's a mini list of questions I've thought of.

(1) I can recall starting the A Traitor Among the Chiss content and have one of the related missions in my log. Can I still continue with this story?

(2) Has there been any new gear/weapons released? I have a full set of gear from the Command Token vendor I think. I can also recall taking part in PvP to earn the Unassembled Components currency.

(3) Are there any active social guilds on the server willing to take on a returning noob? Sometime I would like to try and get the Datacron which is located on the Fleet. I still don't have this.

Thank you :)

(1) I can recall starting the A Traitor Among the Chiss content and have one of the related missions in my log. Can I still continue with this story?

Yes. Just continue with the next mission, which should be "Nathema Conspiracy". For the romantically inclined among your characters, there is an important thing if the loved one is Lana or Theron, but it's a severe spoiler.

After the Nathema FP you can propose to Lana or Theron if you are already in a romance with them.

(2) Has there been any new gear/weapons released? I have a full set of gear from the Command Token vendor I think. I can also recall taking part in PvP to earn the Unassembled Components currency.

The top tier of gear is still 248-yellow ("tier 4" command crate gear). There is finally a series of new tiers of augments beyond 228:

* 230 drops directly in certain modes of the Umbara FP.

* 236 schematics are trainable at the crew skill trainer. They consume special resources that drop from Ranked PvP and MM Ops, or from command crates on a rare chance.

* 240 schematics are also trainable, but they cost *twice as much* of those special resources as the 236s, and give barely 5-8% more statis than the 236s give.

Thank you for the information and help.

I've played through some of the A Traitor Among the Chiss story which I'm enjoying. I'm also relearning the rotation to my character.

If there's any active social guilds out there then please let me know as I would like to join one.

Edited by Discotrash

If there's any active social guilds out there then please let me know as I would like to join one.

If you're not playing on The Leviathan (EU/French server), I can't really help you with that, and I don't really know which guilds *on* The Leviathan are active, especially Impside.(1)

(1) I'm not really playing a *lot* at the moment because the state of the game has left me a bit demotivated.

(3) Are there any active social guilds on the server willing to take on a returning noob? Sometime I would like to try and get the Datacron which is located on the Fleet. I still don't have this.

Hi and Welcome back!

Personally I think's a good time to come back, major content is on it's way.

As for your question, I recommend using the "Server Forum" in the forum categories.

Select "Darth Malgus" and post a thread looking for a guild, I promise you'll receive plenty of feedback!

Also, use the search bar to find similar threads.

I'm on the Shan server, but if there's anything else that I can help you with or advised please don't hesitate to ask!