Fixing Companion Lag

Capwill

Hello All,

It is funny that for all the supposed improvements that Bioware has done to the game they still can't seem or want to fix the blasted Companion lag that makes it so my companions fall behind me when either I am walking or running. You would think that would be an easy fix for their tech people but i guess they don't care enough about it. I would think it would be an easy fix in some game code for Bioware or EA to get in there fix the bug problem and have it back to what it used to be when the game first came out. I have been playing the game since the Beta testing and back then there was no Companion lag at all but ever since middle of last year or before no matter if I have the sprint buff on or off my companions seem to fall so far behind that they fall off my mini map till they suddenly pop next to me to just fall behind again.

It is crazy that a simple thing like that Bioware can' t fix, I just can't figure out why they don't take the time to fix it, but I bet no Dev people are going to read my post and do anything about it, GRRRRR :mad::mad::mad::confused::confused::confused:

Have had same problem in past ~ easy fix:

Delete the DiskCacheArena file in the client installation folder:

(default location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor).

After this, run the repair function on the launcher.

Log back into game and your companions should be back on top of their game!

Happy Hunting!!

I can't find that file that you were saying I didn't to delete, so I am still confused as to what I need to do, and when I tell it to do a repair the repair button is gray out.:confused::confused: Should I uninstall and reinstall the game to fix it? Edited by Capwill