Roll to cover removed?

Subach

As far as I know, roll to cover does still work. You may need to check your keybinds for it to see if you are using the proper keybind for it rather than cover in place. One other thing worth mentioning is the green silhouettes only show up when you are in combat and out of cover or when you are targeting an enemy and out of cover. Some instances also don't have places to roll into cover, like some of the newer operations.

Hope this helps :cool:

Edited by cooperjf

As far as I know, roll to cover does still work. You may need to check your keybinds for it to see if you are using the proper keybind for it rather than cover in place. One other thing worth mentioning is the green silhouettes only show up when you are in combat and out of cover or when you are targeting an enemy and out of cover. Some instances also don't have places to roll into cover, like some of the newer operations.

Hope this helps :cool:

My keybinds are fine. I know how the cover works, but I never see the green silhouettes anywhere at any time.

I've been playing KOTFE, are those the instances you mention? But even outside if instances in dervannis, zakuul, etc I don't see green cover markers anywhere.

Open your ability page (P) and look under SNIPER you should have;

Crouch

Take Cover

This doesn't address my issue at all.

My keybinds are fine. I know how the cover works, but I never see the green silhouettes anywhere at any time.

I've been playing KOTFE, are those the instances you mention? But even outside if instances in dervannis, zakuul, etc I don't see green cover markers anywhere.

This doesn't address my issue at all.

Yes those are some of the instances. I assume the developers just haven't really bothered adding it to newer content besides the "vanilla" game because it doesn't have a huge advantage and isn't highly used. It might still be in some areas, especially actual cover barricades, but besides that I don't think you'll see it often or at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If they did remove it, that's because Take Cover is the first ability removed from quick bar after intro scene. Whoever though it was a good idea to implement it was so wrong.

Crouch works fine.

If you, by any chance tought of Covered Escape, it is in game and it works as intended.

• 3 months later...
Roll to cover still works the same way but the new maps don't have any cover locations built in so there's nothing to roll to. Cover is not nearly so critical in current game as it was in original game. You don't even have to be in cover most of the time anymore, although it provides some excellent perks.

• 1 month later...

This has been driving me nuts. I return to the game 2 years later and I can't even roll into cover anymore! It must be the KOTFE areas simply not having cover spots built in.

I see they removed a lot of stylish/cool stuff just for the sake of "streamlining". Like when I noticed my Pulse Cannon was gone. My mercenary is going to be upset when he finds out his flamethrower is gone. :eek:

Edited by BelorfinSiana

This has been driving me nuts. I return to the game 2 years later and I can't even roll into cover anymore! It must be the KOTFE areas simply not having cover spots built in.

I have definitely seen the green silhouettes on e.g. Alderaan, and rolling to them works as expected.

• 7 months later...
I will say, playing a sniper currently(I'm still a noob.), I only see the roll to cover silhouette if I have an enemy targeted already. Otherwise, it does not appear for me and hitting f just brings me to a kneel where I am for my cover bar. Now, i haven't done **** in later areas, so maybe there isn't as much cover to roll to.