Keith! We need a option inside game settings for not show Legacy name to guild.

Wagerbane

Keith! You mention inside the roadmap. Member Ban by Legacy –Allows removal of members based on their Legacy. We need a option inside game settings for not show player legacy name to guild. This will bring in more subscribers with POP growth for having that option. Or game don't need guilds.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

por que?

It means that if one character ( player) is removed, there is an option to remove all their alts as well.

Sounds like a good move, if somewhat draconian. But if a player isn't behaving within the parameters of the guild, then the guild can eject that player altogether.

Edited by Storm-Cutter

Keith! You mention inside the roadmap. Member Ban by Legacy –Allows removal of members based on their Legacy. We need a option inside game settings for not show player legacy name to guild. This will bring in more subscribers with POP growth for having that option. Or game don't need guilds.

As a guild leader, I totally disagree.

1. My officers and I deguild players with no active logins after 50 days. But if just one of their characters in their legacy has logged on, then they're all safe, no deguild. Not possible if we don't see the legacy.

2. I use legacy to flag in officer notes to keep all of a particular player's toons from being deleted. I put DNR (do not remove) in the notes next to each toon in that legacy if the player performs the courtesy of emailing me telling me they'll be away for a while. Rather than put that person through the hassle of re-guilding all of his or her toons (some people have 15+ alts in the guild) I just flag them all not to be removed, done.

The OP's suggestion is a horrible all the way around, and I'm entirely against it. It was a godsend when they made legacy names visible.

Keep legacy names visible in guild rosters.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Then this would defeat the purpose of this new option. As a guild leader, I welcome this. I use the legacy name to see what toons a player has in a guild and how long they've been inactive with them. You must have some nefarious reason for not wanting your legacy name being revealed to ask this.

Then this would defeat the purpose of this new option. As a guild leader, I welcome this. I use the legacy name to see what toons a player has in a guild and how long they've been inactive with them. You must have some nefarious reason for not wanting your legacy name being revealed to ask this.

Nefarious and/or akin to being completely paranoid.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Wanting to hide your legacy-name from guild sounds like you're looking to do some stalking, stealing, or other unorthodox activities and hope to get away with it without spoiling your reputation, and get back in on other alts for another round... yeah no, that's just inviting abuse. Edited by Kiesu

As a guild leader, I totally disagree.

1. My officers and I deguild players with no active logins after 50 days. But if just one of their characters in their legacy has logged on, then they're all safe, no deguild. Not possible if we don't see the legacy.

2. I use legacy to flag in officer notes to keep all of a particular player's toons from being deleted. I put DNR (do not remove) in the notes next to each toon in that legacy if the player performs the courtesy of emailing me telling me they'll be away for a while. Rather than put that person through the hassle of re-guilding all of his or her toons (some people have 15+ alts in the guild) I just flag them all not to be removed, done.

The OP's suggestion is a horrible all the way around, and I'm entirely against it. It was a godsend when they made legacy names visible.

Keep legacy names visible in guild rosters.

It depends if the guild if you accidentally join a stupid guild with some idiots that act like sobs in in, then those idiots can give anyone a bad name, etc etc. I don't usually join any Guilds because they always have some bad apples in it that include so-called officers that act like little.infants.

Good and bad in this because it will likely cause herrassment issues with some players. There can be as many bad officers, as there are bad players. That's why i don't like joining guilds and going solo.

It's about privacy issues, and this can be a very bad thing, as much as it is good.

Edited by MandFlurry

I can completely understand why a guild leader/officers would need to see the Legacy name, but I do wish there was an option to disable it being shown to all the guild members.

I don't know everyone in the guild and i don't necessarily want them knowing my Legacy name, and the members aren't doing administrative tasks.

I think legacy names showing in guild is a good thing. It makes guild management a lot easier.

What are you trying to hide?

This. Exactly. To put in a feature that hides legacy names defeats the purpose of being able to block the entire legacy which I think is a good idea. I've heard too many times about people who act like jerks, get kicked and come back on their alts only to do the same things again.

It's good to be able to see the legacy names. Not a big deal if you've got nothing to hide.

I can completely understand why a guild leader/officers would need to see the Legacy name, but I do wish there was an option to disable it being shown to all the guild members.

I don't know everyone in the guild and i don't necessarily want them knowing my Legacy name, and the members aren't doing administrative tasks.

I have both officers and non-officers who can promote. My event trustees are not officers, they cannot deguild, but they can promote people to the level necessary (member ops) to withdraw funds from the guild bank for repairs when participating in operations. I would be very leery of any system that limits how I conduct my guild.

Edited by xordevoreaux

That totally defeats the purpose of putting the feature in to start with, doh ;)

I certainly don't want guilds to know I have other characters. It's my right to decide who to play solo and who to play group activities with.

I have no problem with you kicking my entire legacy, but you don't have to know my legacy name to do so.

Edited by annabethchase

I certainly don't want guilds to know I have other characters. It's my right to decide who to play solo and who to play group activities with.

I have no problem with you kicking my entire legacy, but you don't have to know my legacy name to do so.

You know that legacy names have already been part of the guild menu since 4.x?.

They don’t have to see your legacy on your non guildies characters. Just turn it off like I do.

They will only see it if you are in the guild.

If you’ve already had your legacy banned by the guild, it will just prevent you from rejoining.

At least that’s how I read it.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Most guilds don't care if you have other characters that you play on or who you play with, at least the guilds I know of. But if someone is causing a problem in the guild how is a guild to know which characters belong to a certain person without knowing the legacy name in order to remove them from the guild. Kicking from a guild is not done just because they want to, it normally is done after a few times of asking that particular guild member to stop doing something that is causing problems for the guild.