Oh Doc, how I've missed you!

serenitty

I played a male Knight a couple of times and I agree he doesn't much change from the beginning, but with a female that all changes and he really isn't like Tharan at all...that one is really a creep. After doing what he does to the Consular he chases Nadia later.

But yeah Doc is one you really have to look past his behaviour initially because it does get better, but we all have characters we love that others hate and vice versa.

I like Koth and Iresso too. I also like Quinn which is another one a lot of people don't like...maybe I just like punishment :p

Doc definitely changes for the female knight and one of my favorite romances. If you choose the right dialog especially. If you are the type to hit flirt every time it pops up it turns into you two sleeping around and eventually falling in love. I have done it that way. I also played it so that I was reserved and trying to stick to the Jedi code. I even told him one time I was sacrificing everything and he wasn't taking this serious. I loved his response to that. In the end I have never rejected him. I really think it's cruel to lead someone on and dump on them out of spite or hatred.

Aside from romance too he is very funny and entertaining. His conversations are different on a male knight - not just romance being absent either. He says completely different dialog during those scenes. They took more time with the Knight's story in this regard. As far as a I know, its the only class story you have two separate companion chain quests (T-7 and Kira).

Plus on other romanced companions you just have missing sections of dialog. Like I had a conversation with Ashara once on a female that lasted 30 seconds. A complete waste of a conversation but that was because it was meant for the male SI in a romance scene. In the Knight's story you don't have that because the writers took the time to insert different dialog based on what sex you are playing, which is one of the highlights of the class.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting. I just thought you guys were trying to convince me or something.

To those who already like him, no convincing is needed. To those who don't like him, no convincing will do. Just consider this a thread devoted to those who already like him and leave it at that. Don't feel compelled to post your anti-Doc opinion here; it's not necessary.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be insulting. I just thought you guys were trying to convince me or something.

Not at all, if you don't like him you don't like him, that's entirely up to you.

It's just when someone posts an opinion on how they don't like a character I feel compelled to answer with why I do like that character.

It's the one thing I love about some BW characters, they have two sides that two different types of people will see differently and react to differently.

Yes, we get that you hate him already.:rolleyes:

To those who already like him, no convincing is needed. To those who don't like him, no convincing will do. Just consider this a thread devoted to those who already like him and leave it at that. Don't feel compelled to post your anti-Doc opinion here; it's not necessary.

This is why Lunafox's much copied "..this is a love thread, haters make your own" thread title is so useful ;) I'm glad I stuck with Doc as he changes so much.

Wait, a thread dedicated to people liking DOC??? What sorcery is this????

I love all of you wonderful people.

I'm sure Doc would suspect Jedi mind tricks :D

• 3 months later...

/agreed. Yea he's a flirt but that is sort of cute. You just have to know how to handle his flirt. Kind of reminds me of my boyfriend when we went beyond just friends. I dealt with flirts before and 99% of the time they are just flirting and honestly I think it is cute when someone tries to flirt with me and most of the men I have known know when I say no it is no and they move on.

I see doc the same way. It is fun.

Edited by casirabit

I'm glad we're getting him back. Granted, I've had to create a new wifey for him since the other one moved on with Theron, and the second is waiting for Scourge, but I do enjoy Doc. Yes he's flirty, and he's not everyone's kind of flirty but I've never taken issue with his behavior. It amuses me, I don't feel offended or creeped out by it. He always reminds of me of Bruce Campbell's Autolycus in Xena actually, both in behavior and appearance, and I look forward to his return.

I like Doc. He's surprisingly complex for someone stuck in not-very-nuanced-at-all JK story. Great medic, selfless enough to work war zones, and at the same time -- vain and full of himself. And hilariously unsubtle flirt, but that's exactly how someone as full of himself as Doc would flirt -- like he is Hutt's gift, best thing in universe and you should be grateful he's paying attention to you. :D

I love Doc, it's time we got him back! :D He's a fun person to be with, actually he's the only good thing in the JK storyline (it's boring to me compared to the Sith ones). I'm about to create a second JK just because of him.

I'm also wondering how he would react if you chose the Empire.

Edited by Dylinrae

On another note i'm happy to finally get one of my JK's companions back, even though it'll only be a class exclusive 2 min alert.

My male primary knight character is still only on Ilum so haven't been without him, but hoping he will be romance-able. I mean, he already was the only companion that you could unofficially romance since he LOVED getting Courtship gifts from anyone and everyone. "You love me!. Admit it!"