Fall Roadmap Now Live!

EricMusco

+1

So the Alliance that my Sith Warrior built and fought for is now....nothing.

Tell me at least that there are plans for unique Odessen player housing so those of us who have head canoned our way out of the Sith Empire and the Republic, can at least maintain the fiction of a still-existing-in-some-form Alliance.

I really hope the Alliance is still there and only allied with the Empire / Republic.

Clearly if my JK has to go back to being a Jedi under the Jedi Council when she does not consider herself a Jedi anymore and is engaged to Theron, then the end of her story will be the end of the Nathema Conspiracy, and i'll just create a new clone of her and replay the story from the begining to the end of Nathema over and over and over again, and just ignore that there is anything beyond this point... Because there's no way she's giving up on the Alliance and her man.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seconded.

With this storyline it feels like our Alliance-oriented characters are going to lose it all and be shoved back into a box they don't want to be in. Odessen housing would at least be a way for us to head canon something nicer.

Watch the twitch stream they just did. They said or hinted that if your character was working towards fighting for the otherside, that is sort of where you can go.

Of course “they can’t say anything”or “give details”... it’s short for “Musco speak”... Musco should have been in the CIA. “We can’t confirm or deny we have a big telescope spying on your house to count many hot pockets you eat.... But gee you eat a lot of hot pockets ;)

But for me reading between the lines seems to indicate there will be some option, what ever it is, to not be forced to go back the way you came.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Watch the twitch stream they just did. They said or hinted that if your character was working towards fighting for the otherside, that is sort of where you can go.

Of course “they can’t say anything”or “give details”... it’s short for “Musco speak”... Musco should have been in the CIA. “We can’t confirm or deny we have a big telescope spying on your house to count many hot pockets you eat.... But gee you eat a lot of hot pockets ;)

But for me reading between the lines seems to indicate there will be some option, what ever it is, to not be forced to go back the way you came.

I am not just talking about the faction choice.

My characters built an Alliance with members of all factions and that took a lot of time and effort. They are not interested in going back to some petty IMPS R EBIL!!! KILL TEH PUBS!!! war.

After building an Alliance and working for Galactic peace they're going to be reduced to attacking Jedi bases again? Really?

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Bah... I give up. I was trying to get tier 4 for some of my toons and it was a nightmare already, I guess I'll play from time to time with my only geared toon and I'll come back to ESO where gearing doesn't feel like slavery.

Gearing is a grind in this game, but they aren't adding any new content that needs it... except for NiM GFTM. Everything else is tuned for the 248's we currently have. So I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm kind of annoyed at how easy this game is.... now we have new tier of gear for more faceroll.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Gearing is a grind in this game, but they aren't adding any new content that needs it... except for NiM GFTM. Everything else is tuned for the 248's we currently have. So I wouldn't worry too much.

I'm kind of annoyed at how easy this game is.... now we have new tier of gear for more faceroll.

Yes well that's all good for PVE. Sadly I'm a PVPer and when you go against full groups of fully geared ranked skilled players, and bolster doesn't really do much, then it does matter.

And I could tolerate a grind, if it was reasonable and fun in some degree. Which is definitely not the case in this game for me.

Edited by Giberelina

I am not just talking about the faction choice.

My characters built an Alliance with members of all factions and that took a lot of time and effort. They are not interested in going back to some petty IMPS R EBIL!!! KILL TEH PUBS!!! war.

After building an Alliance and working for Galactic peace they're going to be reduced to attacking Jedi bases again? Really?

Same for me, except that my Alliance sided with the Republic but they're all working for peace and have actually no interest in crushing imperial skulls, just for the Republic's sake.

They all realise that the Republic is not much better than the Empire.

On a side note as the player i sided with the Republic mainly because of what happens between Theron and Malcom when you side with the Empire, and i could clearly not do that to him on my JK who is romancing him, and as she's my main character and my "canon" Commander, her choices apply to my other 7 mains.

She does not forget that the Republic did nothing to help agains the Eternal Empire though, one more reason for her not to go back to being a Jedi (and that's why i seriously considered siding with the Empire at first, i'm lucky i did it on my Imperious first though).

Buy character boost

Buy 2 hypercrates

BiS gear

Never played a mission,wz or class story.

P2W = Fun

Not exactly the same thing...

P2W would mean I NEED to buy that "thing" that makes me more powerful (like a new crystal or something)...all you're doing in your example is throwing money at something you can also gain yourself...in fact, it's throwing money at other PLAYERS who have earned it, which isn't P2W either...you're literally buying the better stuff from other PLAYERS, not the studio.

This is quite interesting, I'm excited to see the 2 different storylines progress. Excellent that you guys are doing 2 different stoylines for Imperial and Republic, as well as a new daily area. A bit disappointed that just 3 companions are returning, I was hoping for more news on Scourge's return however.

Even though I'm not a hardcore raider I'm glad you guys are able to give GOTM a master mode, I'm very interesting in reading the mechanics regarding the fights on Master. It was promised when GOTM was released that it would come with master eventually, and it's glad to see you guys pick up on that promise.

I'm not too crazy about a new tier of gear, but considering the addition of master for GOTM perhaps that will be needed? Either way I'm curious to hear the details as to how to acquire those schematics.

Quality of live updates are very nice. Looking forward to hearing more details on it.

I'm going to call it here, so when I'm right I can win a prize or something:

The new planet is

Ossus

DAMN IT! You beat me to it:D

Not exactly the same thing...

P2W would mean I NEED to buy that "thing" that makes me more powerful (like a new crystal or something)...all you're doing in your example is throwing money at something you can also gain yourself...in fact, it's throwing money at other PLAYERS who have earned it, which isn't P2W either...you're literally buying the better stuff from other PLAYERS, not the studio.

I like solo ranked. I need BiS gear to compete. I don’t have 100m credits. I need to raise funds. How do I do that? I buy hypercrates. I paid money to do the content I want to play.

I like solo ranked. I need BiS gear to compete. I don’t have 100m credits. I need to raise funds. How do I do that? I buy hypercrates. I paid money to do the content I want to play.

That's still not P2W. I understand the plight of a PvPer more than you think...I completely get it and they sure as hell better come up with a better solution than RNG boxes for the crap needed...but this isn't P2W since you're not able to buy it with real $.

New crafting tier 5 gear is a bad idea. Do they really listen or do they just listen to the feedback that either supports their thinking or polishes their own ideas? WHAT needs a new tier of gear???? The developers have systematically gutted raiding in this game, which is sad, but now there is one less reason to raid. Yay, a pointless and unnecessary gear grind sure beats real content.

"It remains our strong belief that having a quality experience every time you play the game is as vital as new gameplay".

Having to grind gear when there is nothing that needs higher gear is not a quality of life improvement. How about you spend all that dev time and resources on content instead of tooling and retooling gear tiers.

This particular QOL can KMA

That's still not P2W. I understand the plight of a PvPer more than you think...I completely get it and they sure as hell better come up with a better solution than RNG boxes for the crap needed...but this isn't P2W since you're not able to buy it with real $.

So your argument is that if I have to go through one in game step to buy gear with real money it is not P2W. You are the best customer in the world, and I want all my customers to have that mindset.

Credits will be the best way to gear tier 5. Best way to make credits fast will be buying CM items. It is a P2W system. But it keeps the servers running. So that’s good.

New crafting tier 5 gear is a bad idea. Do they really listen or do they just listen to the feedback that either supports their thinking or polishes their own ideas? WHAT needs a new tier of gear???? The developers have systematically gutted raiding in this game, which is sad, but now there is one less reason to raid. Yay, a pointless and unnecessary gear grind sure beats real content.

"It remains our strong belief that having a quality experience every time you play the game is as vital as new gameplay".

Having to grind gear when there is nothing that needs higher gear is not a quality of life improvement. How about you spend all that dev time and resources on content instead of tooling and retooling gear tiers.

This particular QOL can KMA

I agree...not a fan of new gear at all (NOT AT ALL), but I think this can make older content more viable if the mats drop from every Operation and FP, not just a select few (just trying to find a bright side...)...

Buy character boost

Buy 2 hypercrates

BiS gear

Never played a mission,wz or class story.

P2W = Fun

Assuming it works as you lay out, I will be able to buy all of these things without spending a dime on the CM - and will be able to get my gear faster than the method you describe. All by using credits I made from crafting in-game. Is that still P2W :rolleyes:(hint: the answer is not yes)...

If tier 5 gear is just for tier 5 rated operations like the new mode for Gods of the Whatever it's Called then that's not so bad. If it's the new minimum for everything then that will blow hard.

I'm kinda curious about this as well kodrac...will Operations and FPs have their difficulty levels raised?

I'm kinda curious about this as well kodrac...will Operations and FPs have their difficulty levels raised?

I have a related question I've asked a few times which is why introduce a new tier if you don't also raise the "difficulty levels" (which I assume is just increased boss XP) of the content? I truly just don't understand since I don't really ever run this content. This is presented as something "exciting" (and, well...), and it is for crafters, but I don't see why others would be happy about this without new content that requires the new gear. I assume people won't just want the new tier just because, or will they...

Assuming it works as you lay out, I will be able to buy all of these things without spending a dime on the CM - and will be able to get my gear faster than the method you describe. All by using credits I made from crafting in-game. Is that still P2W :rolleyes:(hint: the answer is not yes)...

I can pay money to skip all the work you did in game. So yes that is P2W. I don’t need to spend the hours you did to earn your credits. All I need to do is buy and sell things from the cash shop.

Since it was always claimed that PvP population, especially ranked is a very small portion of the game, why they not remove PvP gear progression at all?

Bolster everyone to 250 and thats a deal.

Wait what? Skill based PVP? Outrageous. If you don't give PVPers a grind they clearly don't come back because... they get bored.. pvping. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: