Fall Roadmap Now Live!

EricMusco

You said Nathema flahspoint story EARLY 2017 .. that was a lie. You said too this will be 6.0 and? You wanna give us another SHORT story called 5.10 like Iokath or Ziost? How Pathetic. This is sad and funny.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You said Nathema flahspoint story EARLY 2017 .. that was a lie. You said too this will be 6.0 and? You wanna give us another SHORT story called 5.10 like Iokath or Ziost? How Pathetic. This is sad and funny.

~ Tsukito, Alliance Commander.

Stop being negative, production and releasing is not as easy as it seems. I bet you don't get things always done on time either ;)

You guys should have a look over to ESO.

They do pretty well with their horizontal progression. Max gear rating is the same for several expansions now, instead of adding more powerful gear they add new set-bonuses, with usually the 2,3,4 pieces just being stat bonuses of the same power level (x crit is worth as much as y mainstat), and the 5 piece bonus adding an actual combat proc, or another stat bonus worth 2.5x the lower bonuses.

The incentive to do raids? Getting the funky 2 piece Helmet+Shoulder sets with high value bonuses on both pieces.

Working hard for that new build made possible by the new expansion is much more fun than putting in that work to get back to the relative power level we had before the expansion.

Edited by Mubrak

Something new is always good! :-)

I so wish EA would dig a bit in their pockets for some pennies or something and would make more frequent and really content filled updates possible, way more frequent and way more content...

These are my sentiments exactly...

Same holds true with my Republic players who went Imperial. I will stop playing them rather than send them back to the Republic.

Also sounds like we are heades to stereotypically good Republic/ evil Empire with no room for nuance if they are attacking Jedi bases so frankly I dont think I like this at all.

In the livestream they mentioned that they are taking into account people who sided with the opposite faction and that the new story will start laying the groundwork for that to happen. So hopefully it'll make sense.

No kidding. My Imp's would not be down for attacking Jedi bases after twice siding with them. It would be a rather lame and useless 'choice' on Iokath and at the end of Nathema if what we did regarding our faction comes to nothing and our character just gets a slap on the wrist and a welcome back to the faction they turned again. :rolleyes:

double post, sorry.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Something new is always good! :-)

Exactly! But people will never be satisfied anyway. We get new content regularly, they complain. We don't get content regularly, they complain. We get an expansion, they complain. We don't get an expansion, they complain.

Seriously, why the negativity? Why can't people just appreciate what they get and be happy with the little bits they get? It's better than having no SWTOR at all. Complaining about everything all the time can't be a fun life to lead either. Just be happy with what you get for once, please!

I don't really know what to think of all that...

New gear, well, great i don't even have all my mains in 230, so i just don't care like at all.

PvP, ops and new daily, hm... Seeing a new area is good but i just don't like dailies.

Nadia, she freaks me out, and she JC exclusive, i don't have any JC so far in the story right now. And considering that my main JC is not my "canon" Outlander and that none of the JC's companions came back throught the main storyline, i'll just say that they were never separated to begin with, that'll be easier.

Doc, please, let me take Theron with my JK for this reunion, i just want to see his face when he realises that he never had a chance with her and that now she's engaged to someone else.

DS Jaesa, well i don't really care either, she's a psycho and my (now) main SW is female anyway, i'll see it on my male SW for the sake of seing it but nothing more.

And what about Scourge, Khem and Kira ?

Well imp vs pub i'm still not thrilled about that, and i really hop the Iokath / Nathema choices still hold, because there's no way any of my FORMER imp sided character is going back to the Empire, none of them have any reason to do so.

So wait and see, i hope this new storyline will be good and change my mind about that though. And please don't forget our (potentially dead) LIs too, they're still important if they're not dead.

You guys should have a look over to ESO.

They do pretty well with their horizontal progression. Max gear rating is the same for several expansions now, instead of adding more powerful gear they add new set-bonuses, with usually the 2,3,4 pieces just being stat bonuses of the same power level (x crit is worth as much as y mainstat), and the 5 piece bonus adding an actual combat proc, or another stat bonus worth 2.5x the lower bonuses.

The incentive to do raids? Getting the funky 2 piece Helmet+Shoulder sets with high value bonuses on both pieces.

Working hard for that new build made possible by the new expansion is much more fun than putting in that work to get back to the relative power level we had before the expansion.

I've never played another MMO so I don't know how this works. But isn't the idea of new gear, at least PvE, supposed be be because there is new content that you can't clear without the new gear? I'm asking this sincerely, wondering if there are MMOs or playerbases that just enjoy getting new gear even if it gives no new advantages and isn't tied to new content.

As a crafter, I'm happy to see new craftable gear, but I'm wondering if there are people that will be excited enough for it...

In the livestream they mentioned that they are taking into account people who sided with the opposite faction and that the new story will start laying the groundwork for that to happen. So hopefully it'll make sense.

I would not be surprised at all if that "groundwork" just means they're writing in a plot point to justify / explain away everyone ending up back in their original faction. Too much seems hard-coded in for me to hold out much hope that our story decisions will actually allow a full faction change.

I'm just wondering what happens to Command Ranks then...are they now as useless as Rakata gear? Do we need to be CR 300 to use the new tier 5 gear? Where do the mats drop from...command boxes? FPs? Random or guaranteed?

The only thing we know for sure right now is what they said on Twitch: "No new Command Levels at this time".

I've never played another MMO so I don't know how this works. But isn't the idea of new gear, at least PvE, supposed be be because there is new content that you can't clear without the new gear?.

But what's the point in making "content" with more HP and more damage than ever before, just so you need more HP and do more damage as well? Dread Palace doesn't play any different with 130k health in 5.0 than it did with 35k in 2.0. Before 4.0, the old operations still had their old levels, so +5 levels and new gear meant you could underman the old content if that was your thing, but now everything is at max level, so the day the level cap is increased, we are no longer able to clear the content we did just the day before.

Edited by Mubrak

I really don't get all the anxieties being expressed about a new tier of gear. If it follows pattern, it will provide marginal improvements over current tier 4 gear which means you don't really need it and won't benefit much by it .. but some folks will want it anyway. But for those that crave it... perhaps they will offer mods as well as actual armor pieces.. and not just fixed stat armor pieces.

I'm sure it will be expensive because materials required will be rare... but it probably will also push down prices in the player economy for all the prior 5.0 gear.

Of course they could introduce new gear with some fabulous skins to them.. but that would be out of pattern for the studio to do that.. because since the CM went live years ago... almost all crafted gear resides on the "ugly list". Now days, with appearance tabs.. it really does not matter all that much.

Edited by Andryah

Sad that 6.0 won't be until next year, but I'm relatively pleased with the new tier of gear. I know a lot of folks don't care for the gear grind, but what else is there to do? The thing I question though, is: how does another tier get added without changing mob/boss/creature stats to compensate?

Also, why do 3 pvp'ers in this thread think they speak for the rest of the pvp'ers? They sure as **** don't speak for me.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Exactly! But people will never be satisfied anyway. We get new content regularly, they complain. We don't get content regularly, they complain. We get an expansion, they complain. We don't get an expansion, they complain.

- regularly? .. Single flashpoint, then wait half year for another SINGLE flashpoint when they said we will have another flashpoint story "early" 2017 and now we wait for pseudo 6.0 another half year with story that short like Iokath or ZIost? You gotta kidding me.

Stop being negative, production and releasing is not as easy as it seems. I bet you don't get things always done on time either
- I'm Eternal Veteran Alliance Commander Master Jedi Tsukito Barsen'thor Hi. Sad you didn't heard about me. I done everything from this game soon before KoTFE story arrived.

Bioware keep with lies and pathetic mode. It must be wrote clearly and hard.

Edited by Trlance

I really don't get all the anxieties being expressed about a new tier of gear. If it follows pattern, it will provide marginal improvements over current tier 4 gear which means you don't really need it and won't benefit much by it .. but some folks will want it anyway. But for those that crave it... perhaps they will offer mods as well as actual armor pieces.. and not just fixed stat armor pieces.

I'm sure it will be expensive because materials required will be rare... but it probably will also push down prices in the player economy for all the prior 5.0 gear.

Of course they could introduce new gear with some fabulous skins to them.. but that would be out of pattern for the studio to do that.. because since the CM went live years ago... almost all crafted gear resides on the "ugly list". Now days, with appearance tabs.. it really does not matter all that much.

What a bunch of bs.When you pvp you absolutely need BiS gear.There are so many problems with the idea that the best gear will be craftable i cba to mention.It enforces behaviors like,buy cc,sell on the gtn and buy gear from gtn.

There will also not be a push down in prices, you are just making **** up to defend the studio here like you always do.

Go back to your white knight hole.

Edited by giorgo

Question! If we are seeing the Sith Empire vs Galactic Republic conflict come back, could we please see Lord Cytharat return (for those that left him alive) as a romanceable companion? Perhaps he can be involved with the events on Ossu-eh I mean, the ancient Jedi planet?

I'd really love to have him back for my SI, but only if he's not locked behind an imp sided choice

But what's the point in making "content" with more HP and more damage than ever before, just so you need more HP and do more damage as well? Dread Palace doesn't play any different with 130k health in 5.0 than it did with 35k in 2.0. Before 4.0, the old operations still had their old levels, so +5 levels and new gear meant you could underman the old content if that was your thing, but now everything is at max level, so the day the level cap is increased, we are no longer able to clear the content we did just the day before.

Ive always seen gear as serving the same purpose as a stim or adrenal. The most difficult new content should be clearable right out of the gate with the previously best gear, if you are highly skilled. If you arent successful in clearing it, go get 1 new piece of gear and try it again. If unsuccessful again, continue to add gear. By the time you are fully geared prior to the next mass gear upgrade, it should be reasonabky possible for a large % of people to be able to clear end game content at less than max gear. Essentially, gear accounts for learning curves of the difficulty of new content. Some people learn faster than others, some need extra help, so its available. But again, not every piece of content "needs" end game gear. And btw, there are many players who have difficulty even with story mode DF, DP, VOTMG....that the gear level increase will allow for more of a margin of error for new-found raiders.

At least, thats the way i understand the purpose of gear and level increases.

I'm confused. Never run an Op. Are you saying now that all the older Ops get "scaled up" to requiring the new gear tier?

If so, my question is, does that get a good number of people excited? Does it make those older Ops feel new again? I guess I'm assuming that there has to be a reason why a studio would add a new gear tier without adding any new content that requires it--and just trying to figure out what that is...

I really not sure what to think of the content this time. I didn't want my characters to have to go back to their original factions but it seems once again I don't get that choice.

+1

So the Alliance that my Sith Warrior built and fought for is now....nothing.

Tell me at least that there are plans for unique Odessen player housing so those of us who have head canoned our way out of the Sith Empire and the Republic, can at least maintain the fiction of a still-existing-in-some-form Alliance.

What a bunch of bs.When you pvp you absolutely need BiS gear.There are so many problems with the idea that the best gear will be craftable i cba to mention.It enforces behaviors like,buy cc,sell on the gtn and buy gear from gtn.

There will also not be a push down in prices, you are just making **** up to defend the studio here like you always do.

Go back to your white knight hole.

Non pvpers just don’t get the whole gear thing. I’ve been trying to explain it to them for 2 years and they still think it doesn’t make much difference what lvl your gear is.

I believe the reason is they all play dumbed down pve content that makes no difference if you play it naked or with the best gear. From their perspective, gear doesn’t seem to matter much.

I’m sure if they actually cared to learn to pvp and understand how it works in this game and not base their ideas on some theory of “all MMOs” are this way, so swtor must be too, then maybe they could grasp why BiS gear is important for everyone to have reasonable access too in pvp.

+1

Tell me at least that there are plans for unique Odessen player housing so those of us who have head canoned our way out of the Sith Empire and the Republic, can at least maintain the fiction of a still-existing-in-some-form Alliance.

Seconded.

With this storyline it feels like our Alliance-oriented characters are going to lose it all and be shoved back into a box they don't want to be in. Odessen housing would at least be a way for us to head canon something nicer.

+1

^^^

I don't really care for this new conflict either. It seems like everything we just did was for nothing.