Crisis in Umbara bug!

ladystarkitten

I have a bug in Crisis in Umbara. During the cutscene where the traitor reveals themselves to the Outlander, none of the dialogue plays. It just skips from the beginning of the cutscene to after the explosion, leaving me no chance to talk or listen to the story. I haven't seen this issue elsewhere so I'm really not sure what to do.

• 7 months later...
4/16/2019 This bug just happened to me on Solo mode as well. The most important cutscene of this entire poorly written arc is bugged STILL and the entire cutscene just skipped and showed the train blowing up twice without any context or without any dialogue.

Actually there is a second bug in "Crisis in Umbara" :

After moving part of the way through the train, you come to where you are supposed to defeat the foreman and use the key card ...

Well it seems as though Theron loves to take care of this before you can open the door in from of the foreman. The door actually remains closed and will not open until the foreman has been defeated. Upon opening the door, there is no foreman. Consequently there is no key and the progressoin in the game for this character is done! There is no way to go any further. Unfortunately this also stalls the remaining story progression as well.

This is the only time this has happened. I have successfully advanced 3 or 4 other alts through this area previously.

OH ! This alt happens to be a Jedi Shadow ! (I'm not sure if that makes any difference or not)

Thanks !

I just encountered the bug with theron playing target practice with the foreman, did you get a response?

I'm not sure if it was fixed or no ... BUT I did manage to get past it. Here's how:

1. Advance through the first few "cars" same as always.

2. When you get to the car that is just prior to the "foreman" stay away from the door entrance. In fact, just barely keep any enemy in range. Theron will tend to stay close to you. Lana will move ahead of you and work on targets as you do.

This will keep Theron away from the door and shooting the foreman. I also noted that the "data" device is actually already there ... even in the bugged version. It's simply not activated since the foreman is already dead before the door is opened.

3. At any rate: As long as you keep Theron away from the far end of that train car until that car is completely clear of ALL enemy npcs just before the foreman it should work.

Additional note to the team of SWTOR.... This really is a bug. And since it affects the advancement of the charactor it really does need to be addressed.

I haven't checked email this AM... but as of today I have not received any response form any member of the SWTOR group.

I do hope that this helps.

I had the cutscene bug (and reported it) on the day the flashpoint first came out. Fortunately I had already completed it on another character and so knew what was supposed to be happening, otherwise I'd have been utterly confused and very disappointed. I've since done it with several other characters but never re-encountered it, so I assumed it had been fixed. It probably doesn't make any difference but my character who was affected by it was a sniper.

I had the cutscene bug (and reported it) on the day the flashpoint first came out. Fortunately I had already completed it on another character and so knew what was supposed to be happening, otherwise I'd have been utterly confused and very disappointed. I've since done it with several other characters but never re-encountered it, so I assumed it had been fixed. It probably doesn't make any difference but my character who was affected by it was a sniper.

The cutscene "bug" isn't a bug with the cutscenes themselves.

The bug is in the naming of the different versions of the flashpoint:

* [sOLO] ==> This one advances the story, and has the proper cutscenes *and* is the one the mission objective tells you to do.

* [sTORY] ==> This one, despite its name, does *not* advance the story and does not have the story cutscenes.

* [VETERAN] ==> This is the "ordinary" group version of [sTORY].

* [MASTER] ==> This is the "hard mode" group version.

The mission objective that you get after you talk to Lana and Theron in the back room is very very very clear. It tells you to run the [sOLO] version of the mission, and as usual (but not always, in this or other MMORPGs), if you do exactly what the mission objective asks you to do, no more and no less, everything works correctly. If, on the other hand, you make the common mistake of choosing [sTORY] to advance the story, it doesn't work.

I'm not trying to defend the way these things were named, nor the fact that, when you have the mission open, you can choose things that are not [sOLO] (and especially that you can choose [sTORY]), but it's important to realise that the mechanical aspects are, in this case, not bugged.

Secondary note: For the Copero (A Traitor Among The Chiss) segment, they changed this, and when you talk to Lana in the back room, the FP is automatically forced to [sOLO] so it's impossible to run [sTORY] at that point.

I just ran this with my commando last evening... It's still there ! I finally had to put Lana on "passive" and run to the oposite end of the train to get Theron to stop before he killed of the foreman by shooting through the closed door.

It should also be noted that I first ran to try to open the door .. It would not open. So I ran away from the door to the oposite end of the train. Theron finally stopped shooting and returned to my side.. BUT I was quite some distance away before he left the door and came to me.