VoidStar Public Service Announcement: When calling use these terms....

jimmorrisson

No. This is why all of you kids who cant map your way out of a paper bag made right and left a thing.

East and West do not change regardless of attacking or defending. The mini map in swtor does not "spin" according to your objective. It stays static, with "defence" (in VS) generally pointing "north" with the exception of the final door. This holds true in all pvp maps. The map does not spin according to your objective. It stays static, which is why the only intelligent calls you can make are E/SE/SW/NE/NW/W/N/S. If you don't use compass for warzone calls all you show is that you don't know how to use map.

I bet most people dont know how to use a compass much less what a compass is.

I bet most people dont know how to use a compass much less what a compass is.

That reminds me of an exchange I saw in a warzone.

Node Guard: East Inc 3x

Moron: WHERE THE F--K IS EAST?

My Inner Voice: Where is east? The same place it always is.

I hate to admit it but some PVPers are absolutely brainless.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

• 1 year later...
Question: Why doesn't VOIDSTAR pop as often anymore ?

I searched forums but couldn't find an answer (yet) .

imho, Voidstar = best most realistic/fun/balanced map ... So why does it seem like silly Huttball maps pop wayyyyyy more often nowadays ???

Holy necro Batman

.... anyway... You must have been unlucky to not get any void Star pops..

I’ve been tracking all pops for over 2 weeks now as an experiment to show how many Hutt Ball type maps are popping still.

Void Star pops the second most map in the rotation. But you are right, if you combine the HB maps as one type of pop, they contribute to 42% of the pops at the moment, with Vandin ball still popping the most.

We have 9 maps now since they added a 3rd HB map. On average we should get HB about 33.33% of the time, which is bad enough IMO. But the reality is it’s currently 42% of the time. Which is terrible.

Earlier this year I did the same experiment over months and it averaged out at 41% HB pops. I expect this experiment will end up averaging the same over a similar period of time because Vandin still pops the most of any map in the rotation, which is why I think you were just unlucky not to get a VS map. The pops after Void Star, are original HB and Quesh ball, followed by OPG, hypergate, civil war, nova coast and Yavin.

These are similar to earlier in the year. So Bioware have done nothing to adjust the HB pops, even though Musco said they were going to look at it back in March.

Someone at Bioware who pvps obviously likes Vandin ball the most, followed by Void Star. The other maps in the middle all sort of pop similar, but those last 3 “capture the flag” type maps are all at the bottom. So you could also argue they dislike those the most. I’m not saying that’s what’s happening with the other maps besides the top two, which pop way more than the others.

Edited by TrixxieTriss