5.9.2a - Gods from the Machine is still broken.......

Ocho-Quatro

Specifically, were the nerfs to Tyth and A&E intended? And then why were they reverted? And what can we expect to change with patch 5.9.3? Which the bosses become easier or harder, and how?

A little communication here would go a long way. It is frustrating not knowing what has changed so we go in the operation blind and will randomly discover new "features". Especially when the patch notes are sparse on details, and incorrect (talking about "reverting buffs" when in fact the patch was "reverting nerfs").

It is pretty clear the nerfs were not intended, nor were the buffs. I think it is safe to assume there is some work being done on Gods right now, and probably the changes pushed on live by accident. For some reason not all the fixes were pushed in 5.9.2a (and yes, the patch notes should have said something like "fix errors" more than "fix buffs"). From what Eric said it is pretty clear what is to expect in 5.9.3: all the bosses will be back to their state before they accidentally messed things up (5.9.2).

My personal guess (and we are purely in speculation here):

- They are looking into adding master mode gods

- Considering the state of VM right now, they are looking into some small nerfs for VM, because it's not accessible enough

- MM will be harder than VM is now, VM will be easier than VM is now

This might be a load of crap, but it would explain why various changes (buffs and nerfs) were accidentally live.

Edited by Eloi_BG

It is pretty clear the nerfs were not intended, nor were the buffs. I think it is safe to assume there is some work being done on Gods right now, and probably the changes pushed on live by accident. For some reason not all the fixes were pushed in 5.9.2a (and yes, the patch notes should have said something like "fix errors" more than "fix buffs"). From what Eric said it is pretty clear what is to expect in 5.9.3: all the bosses will be back to their state before they accidentally messed things up (5.9.2).

My personal guess (and we are purely in speculation here):

- They are looking into adding master mode gods

- Considering the state of VM right now, they are looking into some small nerfs for VM, because it's not accessible enough

- MM will be harder than VM is now, VM will be easier than VM is now

This might be a load of crap, but it would explain why various changes (buffs and nerfs) were accidentally live.

I wish that this were true. It might be, because I don't work for Bioware and would have no way of knowing, but this is more along the lines of what I guess has taken place:

When they were developing GftM on the PTS with the raiding guilds that were helping Matt test bosses, they had intended to add a MM of the raid once the VM was complete. That got shot down with this post from February of 2018:

Hey everyone,

Here is what you can expect in March and April this year (2018):

March 13 – Game Update 5.8 - Command Authority

Operations:

• Izax, The Destroyer - The 5th and final boss from the Gods from the Machine Operation. There will be two modes with Izax; Story and Master mode. This also means we will not be offering a full Master Mode for all bosses in the Operation. This was an especially difficult decision for me to make, as I have loved the interaction between developers and our raiding community. Yet, based on what we’re planning for this year and beyond, it’s better to focus on the upcoming group content.

We look forward to expanding more on what you can expect in 5.8, 5.9, and beyond! As often as we can, we will be around in the thread to answer your many questions about those updates. Looking forward to having some good discussions.

--- Keith

Now obviously, I snipped that post to death to just include the pertinent part: They made the decision to not offer Master Mode of that raid, instead putting Izax in as a "hardmare" version with a special mount and title.

Do I think MM mechanics are bleeding through? Yep. But I do not believe this is because they are planning on an upcoming addition of MM of the raid. I think it is rather snippets of previous coding in the spaghetti that exists on the server bleeding through without intention.

Of course, I was also looking forward to the "good discussions" that they promised to be around for on the forums, but we didn't really get that either, did we? I recall a lot of Eric saying "give us your feedback" and very little response to any feedback that they got, with the one lone exception of the decorators getting their Rishi Apartment.

Now this post might seem a little jaded and like I have no hope left for the game giving end game players (or what remains of them) new content, but I guess the proof has been in the pudding for me. I hope for the sake of those that remain that this is all incorrect assumption on my part. But I find it really, really hard to believe that they are doing anything with GftM except putting it on a whiteboard in the "needs to be fixed" list.

Edited by PennyAnn

I wish that this were true. It might be,

But I do not believe this is because they are planning on an upcoming addition of MM of the raid.

Now this post might seem a little jaded and like I have no hope left for the game giving end game players (or what remains of them) new content, but I guess the proof has been in the pudding for me. I hope for the sake of those that remain that this is all incorrect assumption on my part. But I find it really, really hard to believe that they are doing anything with GftM except putting it on a whiteboard in the "needs to be fixed" list.

tsktsk, So bitterly certain were you....

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20180905

...when all you had to do was simply wait patiently. :cool:

tsktsk, So bitterly certain were you....

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20180905

...when all you had to do was simply wait patiently. :cool:

I actually wasn't bitter or certain, and I think I admitted both of those things in my post. What I actually said was that I couldn't be sure because I don't work for Bioware. I don't even play the game any longer. For those that do, I hope this update to the raid will be enjoyed as I think it is long overdue. In fact, I hope it brings lots of end game players back to SWTOR, at least for a time. :)

I'm happy to stand corrected about their intentions to put in a MM raid again. It's been years!

I actually wasn't bitter or certain, and I think I admitted both of those things in my post. What I actually said was that I couldn't be sure because I don't work for Bioware.

ehh, your tone (like many of the posters on these mostly disgruntled forums) seemed laced with bitterness imo ... But if i mis-read it, then that's on me and i apologize. Plus, i was using a YODA quote (from Ep. 5) in reply to your OP, but you might not have caught that.

---

I don't even play the game any longer.

Why continue posting your concerns, opinions, & requests then? (And i sincerely ask that with far more sheer curiosity than actual criticism)

---

ON-TOPIC: I still haven't even finished 'GOTM' on veteran mode lol i can't even imagine how grueling master-mode is gonna be. :eek:

Dev demo live-stream ftw?

Edited by Nee-Elder

ehh, your tone (like many of the posters on these mostly disgruntled forums) seemed laced with bitterness imo ... But if i mis-read it, then that's on me and i apologize. Plus, i was using a YODA quote (from Ep. 5) in reply to your OP, but you might not have caught that.

---

I did indeed miss the reference. How terrible of a Star Wars fan am I that this slipped by me unnoticed? :o

My philosophy is that life's too short to be bitter. It's akin to holding a grudge, and I tend to agree with the quote that this type of exercise is like drinking poison and hoping the other person will die. I do admit that I've given up holding out much hope about this game because I've had my heart broken too many times here since launch. But I don't fault the people who still enjoy the game, and honestly do wish good things for SWTOR and it's players.

Why continue posting your concerns, opinions, & requests then? (And i sincerely ask that with far more sheer curiosity than actual criticism)

---

I have a limited time on my subscription left so I am still able to post here. Once that expires, it will be the first time since the launch of SWTOR that I won't be paying money to subscribe (plus the thousands on the cartel market in support of the game). Almost 7 solid years and countless hours spent playing and investing myself in the endeavor of SWTOR. I still care about it, even if I'm not actively playing it. I just had done pretty much everything, and would log in to find myself bored and lacking anything to do in the game. I spent a majority of the last two years replaying content as a "Conquest casual" after my Nightmare raiding teams/guild left the game. I enjoyed it enough to do it, and Conquest was a good enough reason to do so. Until it wasn't. I've posted a ton about the Conquest changes, so I will spare you and anyone else reading this the repetition. I will say this: After hearing them talk about Guild Improvements and including Conquest in that discussion, I hope that those that remain will benefit from the honest feedback many of us have tried to give to the developers about where the changes they made fall short. Encouraging alt play is their best bet to getting people to stick around and play the game more. It's really that simple, and I hope they will see that what they have done with conquest has moved the game in the opposite direction from that.

If the the pace of content release picks up, or at least stabilizes enough that the game will still be around when there is enough new content to come back and play through, then I will likely come back. I keep reading here to remain informed of new developments with an eye toward something that might draw me back to the game sooner rather than later. So far that hasn't happened. But that doesn't mean that it won't ever happen.

ON-TOPIC: I still haven't even finished 'GOTM' on veteran mode lol i can't even imagine how grueling master-mode is gonna be. :eek:

Dev demo live-stream ftw?

I have not finished veteran mode either, but it was becoming really tough to find a group that was progressing on this content and not insular and exclusive (only willing to raid with people they already knew/had raided with previously, etc). The death by a thousand cuts of the raiding community in this game is really a shame.

I think GftM is probably one of the best raids in the game. It's honestly too bad that it took so long to be completed that most of the people who would have enjoyed it for it's complexity and difficulty were long gone and raiding in other games. I think if they had put Master Mode in back then, a decent portion of the Nightmare raiding community would have returned. I hope there are enough people around to attempt the MM mode now (or potentially return to the game) that the development time is worth it, but I know they had a pretty good chunk of it done previously before they cancelled it, so as long as it doesn't take forever to get done and go into the game it should be interesting.

I am also glad to see they are working on other raid content, and if they follow up this Master Mode version with a new raid in 2019 (and release it whole, rather than piecemeal one boss at a time) it would be great. But understand that I won't be holding my breath over it. I've done that too much here to take anything more than a "wait and see and play other games in the interim" approach. But not bitter about it, and don't wish the game or the developers ill or anything like that.

Either way, I wish those that attempt it all the best (obviously yourself included).

Edited by PennyAnn

• 2 weeks later...

After spending significant time on Scyva VM, we find the following differences to before 5.9:

• The bonus boss (for unlocking the shortcut) is siginificantly harder. Both the bonus boss and its adds deal more damage than before.
  • Pretty much all damage in the SCYVA boss fight was increased, both from Scyva, the purple areas on the floor and the adds. For example, Accelerated Destruction by the Omega Protocol Droid deals significantly more damage.
  • There's a new purple area below the boss that deals damage.
  • The purple areas around the boss now revolve constantly, instead of moving in steps. (This is a good change IMO and does not need to be reverted). But the purple areas now also deal significantly more damage.
  • I believe (not sure though) that the Sterilization Array Module is now immune to interrupts and that it could be interrupted before.

On Izax:

• In both SM and VM, the Anchor Drone is now immune to knockbacks. It could be knock backed previously.
  • Similarily, the Makeshift Amplifier Drone can no longer be moved, neither with knockbacks nor with the tether.
  • Damage-wise, Izax feels similar to before; it does not deal more damage now.

Edited by Jerba

• 3 weeks later...
Hey folks,

Thanks for the detailed reports and definitely let us know of anything else you find. Right now the team is verifying we have caught any issues present after 5.9.2a.

The current intent is to address these issues with 5.9.3.

-eric

SO - the patch notes for 5.9.3 are out.

To recap:

Aivela and Esne: BROKEN

Nahut: BROKEN

Svyca: BROKEN

Izax: BROKEN

All of them have been discussed in this thread, and on Reddit in detail.

The devs have acknowledged they will look into it, and fix it with 5.9.3.

WELL - Let's look at the patch notes:

Gods From The Machine

• Even though Izax is a machine, he will no longer sometimes show debug text.
  • Aivela and Esne will no longer apply the Positive Polarization debuff in Story and Veteran Mode.

So - after the patch tomorrow, 3/5ths of the operations bosses will still be bugged, and BioWare is just going to ignore it and hope we don't notice?

It's offensive at this point. It's a giant F you to subscribers, to let this happen, with no communication whatsoever.

SO - the patch notes for 5.9.3 are out.

To recap:

Aivela and Esne: BROKEN

Nahut: BROKEN

Svyca: BROKEN

Izax: BROKEN

All of them have been discussed in this thread, and on Reddit in detail.

The devs have acknowledged they will look into it, and fix it with 5.9.3.

WELL - Let's look at the patch notes:

Gods From The Machine

• Even though Izax is a machine, he will no longer sometimes show debug text.
  • Aivela and Esne will no longer apply the Positive Polarization debuff in Story and Veteran Mode.

So - after the patch tomorrow, 3/5ths of the operations bosses will still be bugged, and BioWare is just going to ignore it and hope we don't notice?

It's offensive at this point. It's a giant F you to subscribers, to let this happen, with no communication whatsoever.

This would be the third patch in 2 months which will not fix there latest operation content...embarrising.

but hey you cant stuck master & blaster anymore...seems the do not know that you can do the same with izax :rak_01: