Annihilation Marauder ? Hello ?

DavidAtkinson

I mained a Fury marauder for some time, but lately I like playing all three specs.... Carnage is really nice and the most spectacular imo...

Annihilation ? What's up with this spec ? I used to main it before it got hit by the nerf bat and it was really nice to play and deadly too but today I feel totally useless with it in regs or solo ranked. No stun immunity means that I can be stunned anytime and of course good teams/players do exactly that preventing me from keeping my dots up, the damage seems to be non existent fluff damage that's not a problem for healers to out heal.

The only scenario I found it has some use is in team ranked with AOE stacking team....and in try hard mode. Smash has a small radius, not very effective and those dots just don't do enough damage to a group.

Time to show this spec some love ? I never understood why it was nerfed.. :p

Also in PVP what stats you recommend i use ? I can go either 796 alacrity or 1889 alacrity with around 2k 1.9 crit.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

It's exactly as you described. Smash radius is really small, makes for bad dot spread especially with all the dsync. Severely gimps the dps if you don't know what your doing. In PvP at least, dots specs are always inferior to burst specs because you loose the ability to mezz out targets. Tie that to the fact that fury has as good (if not better) pressure, and much better DCDs and anni is just not as effective.

I could be wrong but smash is a 5-6 meter radius, the same radius as all dot spreads (death field, lacerate, corrsive grenade, smash, vengful slam, flamesweep and fusion missile/sticky bomb.) with the exception of leth ops 8 meter toxic haze spread.

as for its effectivness all dot specs cept for venge jugg (same burst as rage, with multi target cap) generaly are noticably underpowered in pvp aside from cleave comp. solo que is generaly burst recommended. this is due to the fact that most dot spec have high ramp up time, low DR/DcDs and are as you mentioned easiely interupted. (all of which a venge jugg is not, 4 sec stun immunity, fast dots with big burst intiate hits and a no energy cost spread attack. plus constant 20% DR [before anyone gets uppity about "constant 20% DR" on veng jugg, a veng jugg should always take reduced leap cd, makeing leap an 8 sec cd, the 20% DR lasts for 4 sec after leap, HP inc adds another 20% for duration, and the spec carries a general 5% DR inc)

Edited by Seterade

I mained a Fury marauder for some time, but lately I like playing all three specs.... Carnage is really nice and the most spectacular imo...

Annihilation ? What's up with this spec ? I used to main it before it got hit by the nerf bat and it was really nice to play and deadly too but today I feel totally useless with it in regs or solo ranked. No stun immunity means that I can be stunned anytime and of course good teams/players do exactly that preventing me from keeping my dots up, the damage seems to be non existent fluff damage that's not a problem for healers to out heal.

The only scenario I found it has some use is in team ranked with AOE stacking team....and in try hard mode. Smash has a small radius, not very effective and those dots just don't do enough damage to a group.

Time to show this spec some love ? I never understood why it was nerfed.. :p

Also in PVP what stats you recommend i use ? I can go either 796 alacrity or 1889 alacrity with around 2k 1.9 crit.

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948267

I told you all that only fury needed remove of ruthless aggressor resistance immune but no one listened. Now it is a useless specs which always gets stunned, pushed, rooted, mezzed etc. Juggs have 4 sec immunity to controls when using force charge but anni has NOTHING. I havent seen anni for ages in tr and those who use it in sr are just loosing.

Another dead spec

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948267

I told you all that only fury needed remove of ruthless aggressor resistance immune but no one listened. Now it is a useless specs which always gets stunned, pushed, rooted, mezzed etc. Juggs have 4 sec immunity to controls when using force charge but anni has NOTHING. I havent seen anni for ages in tr and those who use it in sr are just loosing.

Another dead spec

A lot of specs are immune to stuns in this game.... like for example sniper which you cannot interrupt, stun for a loong time. You just have to look at who are the people that are asking for removal of cc immunity. let's have Marauder with 3 useless specs in PVP so we can enjoy our Snipers and Mercs even more, in sr you cannot have enough of them. ;)

Besides, the thread is about Annihilation and you can see for yourself how well a spec that can be stunned all over place performs in PVP. Same goes for carnage... nice burst, but very easy to global in competitive PVP.

The game is at the point where if your class doesn't have some anti focus defenses and stun immunities there isn't much point in expecting great results from ranked or any serious PVP. ;)

Also, the end of Anni Marauder happened when they nerfed their damage and deadly saber. God knows why they did that. Now the self heals are a joke, the dots don't do much except fluff damage, smash has small radius and good players make sure you can't spread dots=useless...

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Spreading dots via Smash is very hard, you often get pushed as soon as you apply a dot or two, so there's no chance of spreading much.

Jugg veng on the other hand, much better (from my exp) when it comes to spreading.

I run close to 1k alacrity on my Anni mara, I think the highest I went was 1300ish and it felt really fast.

1800+ might be an overkill but I havent tried it.

The only CC immunity that Anni has, is that Blood Ward I think, where you get 6 sec of immunity but gotta spend the utility point for it.

wrong. venge jugg gets cc immunity.

rage gets nothing and neither does tank.

could you all stop asking for every one of your three specs to have the exact same cds? ty.

Apart from the fact that anni mara had resistance immune for a long time so devs just took it away + it didnt give full immunity it just gave hight percent of resistance which isnt the game

A lot of specs are immune to stuns in this game.... like for example sniper which you cannot interrupt, stun for a loong time. You just have to look at who are the people that are asking for removal of cc immunity. let's have Marauder with 3 useless specs in PVP so we can enjoy our Snipers and Mercs even more, in sr you cannot have enough of them. ;)

Besides, the thread is about Annihilation and you can see for yourself how well a spec that can be stunned all over place performs in PVP. Same goes for carnage... nice burst, but very easy to global in competitive PVP.

The game is at the point where if your class doesn't have some anti focus defenses and stun immunities there isn't much point in expecting great results from ranked or any serious PVP. ;)

Also, the end of Anni Marauder happened when they nerfed their damage and deadly saber. God knows why they did that. Now the self heals are a joke, the dots don't do much except fluff damage, smash has small radius and good players make sure you can't spread dots=useless...

Thats what i said in that thread. They made anni USELESS. Damage is mediocre, dot Spread is terrible because anni has a cooldown on one of the main dot and dot spread abilities, no cc/stun immunes which makes dot spread even more terrible. All in all, no wonder why i stopped seeing anni maras in both tr and sr. Even in regs i see them rarely. Devs failed once again and made this spec USELESS. Almost same as dot merc or dot pt

I will never understan pvpers who think this game has pvp focus at all. 5 expansions later you shoulld know by now.. you are not a focus. you are lucky if 1 of your specs is good at pvp.

lets take a look all the trash specs for pvp.

lethality operative

virulence sniper

rage jugg

deception assassin (you may think this is good but due to low dcd and dps, its almost never asked for in hardswap)

lightning sorc

pyro pt

AP pt (in 4dpsv4 matchs)

anni mara

honestly, every class inn this game has specs that underperform in pvp. only reason merc isnt on that list is because their dcds are so broken that any spec works. (but merc healing is trash.)

you need to accept this games tunnel focus is pve. "stun immunity" is a rare buff, and it should be. its broken in a game where stuns and snares win.

I will never understan pvpers who think this game has pvp focus at all. 5 expansions later you shoulld know by now.. you are not a focus. you are lucky if 1 of your specs is good at pvp.

lethality operative

virulence sniper

rage jugg

deception assassin (you may think this is good but due to low dcd and dps, its almost never asked for in hardswap)

lightning sorc

pyro pt

AP pt (in 4dpsv4 matchs)

anni mara

honestly, every class inn this game has specs that underperform in pvp. only reason merc isnt on that list is because their dcds are so broken that any spec works. (but merc healing is trash.)

you need to accept this games tunnel focus is pve. "stun immunity" is a rare buff, and it should be. its broken in a game where stuns and snares win.

Yes, true.. I am well aware of this, but for the love of god, why nerf classes that don't need nerf ? Anni was perfectly fine parsing highest as it should do, yet Bioware considers it to be TOO MUCH and nerfs it while the player base was opening threads about merc and sniper defenses on daily basis. Also look at deception, another trash.... that was "overperforming" and look at it now.

I think Hatred is to blame for the situation dot specs are in today... I heard it was wiping out teams before it got nerfed to the ground and I think that's why devs keep dot specs at trash-mediocre level because if they give them too much, they start wiping(the good players profit the most ) and you will see the nerf threads popping shortly after.

• 2 weeks later...

lethality operative

virulence sniper

rage jugg

lightning sorc

pyro pt

These specs pretty much work only in pressure compositions (TR) or attack from 'far' or when 'unnoticed'. Their damage can still be really high if left unchecked. Although I'd not saying Annihilation mara is that bad. Its still a tier above all of these above

Well, it is one of the hardest specs to properly use, even if its burst. No communication when using it and you lose pretty much. Or you need a good awareness of what to use. The fact you can spam stuns every 15s helps a lot