What class to play with pretty high ping (From Florence AL, USA -> London England

Letsjet

I’m proficient in tanking, ranged and melee, and healing

I’m taking care of my girls but UK prime time is daytime for me

I do have 50-90 ms ping from AL to London, no packet loss and my speed is six hundred to 800 meg/sec (WiFi in my bed from the living room

25-75 ms ping with 922mb/s to 1.2 Gb/sec hard lined

And way, that's at lot of ping

Recommendations?

For a 2500mi / 4000km distance, that ping is a dream. It may be high for a shooter, but it's fine for an MMO, especially one with tab-targeting and auto-aim.

As long as your connection is stable, a 75ms ping doesn't matter much for reaction time, and for ability use it really only makes a difference for the few off-GCD abilities anyway. The only issue you could have with that ping is the occasional packet loss with a doubled or tripled ping. At 20ms you won't notice a 40-60ms spike, while a sudden increase from 75ms to 150-225ms can be quite noticable.

Now, if you were at 150-200ms ping, I'd recommend a ranged class or powertech / lethality op for PVP, but even at that ping and higher, melee classes are still playable if you learn to compensate for the ping. For PVE it doesn't matter that much, just remember to jump after moving out of circles.

BTW: all EU servers are in Ireland. :p

Edited by Mubrak

I do have 50-90 ms ping from AL to London, no packet loss and my speed is six hundred to 800 meg/sec (WiFi in my bed from the living room

Recommendations?

LMAO 😂😂😂 “that’s a lot of Ping”... best laugh I’ve had for ages

That’s not even remotely high. When you start playing with 160ms you can start saying it’s high.

Come see me for advice when you start playing pvp with my ping of 320ms on DM or 260ms on SF,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Recommendations?

1) unless you missed a zero or two in your numbers... that is only a lot of ping if you are communicating with a server across the street from you.

2) anything under 100ms is hardly noticeable in an MMO... so you are fine to play any class you like.

Trixxie... an avid and competitive PvPer in Australia ... would kill for your ping. ;)

Edited by Andryah

Recommendations?

That ping is great, better than mine and I live in America, you'll have no trouble playing anything! :>)

1) unless you missed a zero or two in your numbers... that is only a lot of ping if you are communicating with a server across the street from you.

2) anything under 100ms is hardly noticeable in an MMO... so you are fine to play any class you like.

Trixxie... an avid and competitive PvPer in Australia ... would kill for your ping. ;)

What this guy said

Recommendations?

If you are truly having an issue with lag, try increasing your skill queue timer in the settings, so it will still activate the skills on cooldown, despite having increased lag.